Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

You know, some complained that people should be able to select the same character. If that happened, everyone may want to play as Shadow. :blink:

And jeez, where's the Jacky&Akira love? Am I the only one? :(

Yeah, I was pretty satisfied about that because I didn't want to be stuck racing with a bunch of Shadows and other Sonic characters in every online race. I would only tolerate that if it was a fighting game, and I got to beat the crap out of them. :P

As for Jacky & Akira, I love them being a Virtua Fighter fan. Jacky's voice never ceases to amuse me, and they're in the red Ferrari for goodness sake! But I am sadly pretty rubbish with the heavy characters in most stages. I just use them when I'm not feeling very competitive. Same with Zobio & Zobiko.

Anyway, I am inclined to agree with GT's complaint about joining online races. It was a small issue to me at first, but everyday it seems to get worse. I got a "the match you have selected is no longer available" notice 6 times in a row yesterday. Then I just said "screw it", and created my own game.

On Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions I have the matchmaking problem at least a couple of times every I time play online. Just today I was trying to find a match on the Wii vesion, for 5 minutes it was 'Searching...' then it said it found no matches, I tried again and found one.

Had no problems with the DS version though.

Well, I'm aiming for Fighters Megamix and, lo and behold, I've run into the typical problem- I've attempted it as every character, and have 19/ 21- I have no idea who the characters that I've missed it as are. D:

I'm trying to get 'The Chariot'... (I think it's a hidden one). When it says you have to beat 100 zombies as Zobio and Zobiko, is it enough to just run them over, or do you have to hit them with items?

Edited by Mahzes

You know, some complained that people should be able to select the same character. If that happened, everyone may want to play as Shadow. :blink:

And jeez, where's the Jacky&Akira love? Am I the only one? :(

I play as Jacky & Akira the most and I've never even played Virtua Fighter! :P I find the Ferrari a bit similar to Sonic's car except the drift takes longer to charge, but I got used to it and they hold most of my time trial records now. I knew I would like playing them though because of their car, it's also pretty badass when Jacky says "Let's see if you can walk the walk!" :D

I'm surprised that there isn't much love for Ulala either. :P She's probably not the best character, but still pretty good IMO. Hope the DLC is announced soon!

Edited by Captain THPS4

Never played Virtual Fighter either, decided for them to be my 2nd "Main" Character when I saw that they were in. Though was dissapointed when I found out they were really one of the most heavier characters.

@Glenn - Yeah, when I first tried Jacky&Akira out, I was inwardly screaming "WHY!?" when I saw the slow boost/drift. But isn't pulling off a level 1 drift/boost good enough for them since their turbo boost and speed stats are high?

And yeah, they are cool!

@Tentomon - Yes, happy to see someone agree. Racing against like 7 Shadows (or Ryos) against 1 AiAi (or another character) would be hell. HELL I say!

Ah, the red Ferrari...

I'm okay with them...but I still need some work. Hopefully I'll become competitive when playing as them. I'm not good with the 'Zombie Lovers' though.

@Captain THPS4 - Never played Virtua Fighter! *gasp* Haha, well, I only played the 1st and 2nd one. You're right, their car is similar to Sonic's. I got use to drifting (with it charging slow and all) but I couldn't get the handling for a while. I'm getting better with them though. And ofcourse, Jacky+quotes=love! Aw, Akira is so quiet.

Out of multiple lobbies I've been in, I've seen only 2 Ulalas. She's not that bad.

Can't wait for DLC too!

@Veritech Gaurdian - Ah, you too!? Virtua Fighter was a fun game when I was younger. Jacky&Akira are my 2nd character also (Tails 1st). It would be nice if heavier characters were able to push smaller characters...since heavier characters have BAD acceleration/handling. Heavy characters do not have any advantages at all...what the heck! You barely see any online.

--I went back to playing Mario Kart and thought...'I kind of like their weapons more, even if the blue shell is crap sometimes'. The weapons in Sonic All Star Racing are just...argh. Can not really protect myself at all. Sometimes, I can't tell when the red rockets lock on me or when to use an item for protection. Looking backward won't help (too many crazy turns for that) and sometimes the warning sounds won't play (I guess because they are close behind). Now if the red rockets were similar to the ones from Crash Team Racing...that would be more helpful I think.

My sister is playing online now...she got tore up. They were just attacking her only for some weird reason. It was that bad.

Wow...that was a mouthful. :blink:

If there's one thing this game has made me think, it's that we need a Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg 2. Pronto!

Billy is slowly but surely becoming my favourite character in the game, even more so than Sonic (which is something that just never happens with me! :lol:). I like Billy as a character, I love his vehicle design, and I think he handles really well when it comes to the actual racing.

Dare I say he's... egg-cellent? *shot*

More love for the Hatcher please, SEGA :P

--I went back to playing Mario Kart and thought...'I kind of like their weapons more, even if the blue shell is crap sometimes'. The weapons in Sonic All Star Racing are just...argh. Can not really protect myself at all. Sometimes, I can't tell when the red rockets lock on me or when to use an item for protection. Looking backward won't help (too many crazy turns for that) and sometimes the warning sounds won't play (I guess because they are close behind). Now if the red rockets were similar to the ones from Crash Team Racing...that would be more helpful I think.

I can protect myself fine in this game, it works just like Mario Kart when you throw weapons backwards to collide with incoming attacks.

The boxing glove can be shot backwards to protect from incoming attacks

The mega horn protects from incoming attacks

Rockets can be shot backwards to protect from incoming attacks

Shield obviously protects from incoming attacks

Confusion star can be shot backwards to protect from attacks

All-Star Move obviously protects from incoming attacks

Speed shoes when used at the right time can outrun incoming attacks

Rainbows protect from incoming attacks

So thats eight ways you can protect yourself from attacks coming from behind and obviously if someone in front is throwing weapons backwards at you then you can throw your weapons forwards to protect yourself.

If anything it's too easy to protect yourself :lol:

Yeah, but it's not as easy as in Mario Kart where you can just hold the item behind you to protect your tush.

Yeah, but it's not as easy as in Mario Kart where you can just hold the item behind you to protect your tush.

There is that but the announcer warns you and the little alert sound does, if they made it extremely easy the game wouldn't be any fun.

I agree with Top Cat. It's not as easy as MKWii.

Even though there are plenty of ways to protect yourself, Shadzter, it's still hard to do. It's like I have to time it just right. Well, atleast it's easy for you. I'm crap when it comes to those weapons (which is why poor Jacky have trouble). :(

I can defend myself in this game fairly well and I got to say Mario Kart Wii is much easier to defend yourself with even if there are less "Defense" Items since all you have to do is "Mindlessly" Hang a Shell/Banana behind you and your set for anything in First Place but a Blue Shell.

Do they?! I could have sworn a Rocket made it through one I'd dropped once... got shot to buggery (make your own jokes) and have never even bothered trying since!

Might go back and engineer a test or something...

Do they?! I could have sworn a Rocket made it through one I'd dropped once... got shot to buggery (make your own jokes) and have never even bothered trying since!

Yep but they dont work as well as the other weapons though, they seem to require better timing.

I can protect myself fine in this game, it works just like Mario Kart when you throw weapons backwards to collide with incoming attacks.

The boxing glove can be shot backwards to protect from incoming attacks

The mega horn protects from incoming attacks

Rockets can be shot backwards to protect from incoming attacks

Shield obviously protects from incoming attacks

Confusion star can be shot backwards to protect from attacks

All-Star Move obviously protects from incoming attacks

Speed shoes when used at the right time can outrun incoming attacks

So thats eight ways you can protect yourself from attacks coming from behind and obviously if someone in front is throwing weapons backwards at you then you can throw your weapons forwards to protect yourself.

If anything it's too easy to protect yourself :lol:

9 - You forgot mines!

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe Rainbows have a "Delay" after used which other items don't have.

Also I'm pretty sure that the Rainbow can protect from more than 1 Item 'cause I shot 2 rockets into a Rainbow once and was still there.

9 - You forgot mines!

I knew I was forgetting something XD Mines are like the rainbows I just commented on, they too require better timing.

I knew I was forgetting something XD Mines are like the rainbows I just commented on, they too require better timing.

Ah, I can do Mines, I know that much...! :lol:

Will try the Rainbow later. Thanks guys, given me a reason to play it again!

Man, what the hell is my problem? I cannot protect myself. How is it easy?

Though in MKW, I wouldn't say holding the items is a easy win. I held one when I was in 1st place, last lap, but ended up in 6th place because some guy was smart enough to drive waaaay on the side to hit me on my side with the orange/red turtle shell. Blue Shell may be crap...but it doesn't mess me up that bad. The lightning does...

Seriously, I just have to keep practicing I guess.

Protip: Want to have a really good chance at beating me while simultaneously pissing me off immensely? Pick Lava Lair.

I hate this stage more and more the more I play it. The jump segment inside the volcano is so fucking annoying I can't stand it. If you do a trick off the first jump you overshoot the second and fall. If you do a trick off the second jump, you overshoot the third and fall. The only one that's legitimately safe to do a trick on is the third and if an item hasn't fucked you over and forced you to fall into the gaps already then by the third platform you're already pretty much done with it. The narrow roads also make way for tons of unnecessary pushing and shoving which leads to more falls on the earlier jumps that aren't even hard to navigate. It's infuriating.

Not to mention I'm starting to notice now that a lot of hosts that get frustrated with the same person winning over and over will pick that stage. Tell me why the second I actually lost a race (because the track was Lava Lair and I fell several times) after winning several times beforehand the host went ahead and picked it again immediately? People online are full of shit. And I don't think I'll ever change my mind about Lava Lair being the worst stage in the game.

Edited by Top Cat
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haven't played MK Wii but holding your weapon behind you sounds like a really dumb system.

I never really had any feeling about holding items. I just went with it. But now...I think I may like what they did.

Protip: Want to have a really good chance at beating me while simultaneously pissing me off immensely? Pick Lava Lair.

I hate this stage more and more the more I play it. The jump segment inside the volcano is so fucking annoying I can't stand it. If you do a trick off the first jump you overshoot the second and fall. If you do a trick off the second jump, you overshoot the third and fall. The only one that's legitimately safe to do a trick on is the third and if an item hasn't fucked you over and forced you to fall into the gaps already then by the third platform you're already pretty much done with it. The narrow roads also make way for tons of unnecessary pushing and shoving which leads to more falls on the earlier jumps that aren't even hard to navigate. It's infuriating.

Not to mention I'm starting to notice now that a lot of hosts that get frustrated with the same person winning over and over will pick that stage. Tell me why the second I actually lost a race (because the track was Lava Lair and I fell several times) after winning several times beforehand the host went ahead and picked it again immediately? People online are full of shit. And I don't think I'll ever change my mind about Lava Lair being the worst stage in the game.

...HAHAHAHA!

You hate it too!? That stage gave me a headache (especially against the computer...ugh). I asked about that stage earlier and I was told not to trick at all. It worked. BUT, here's the funny thing. I played online the other night and forgot to NOT trick at all in that area. Guess what? I didn't fall (I managed to jump more than once there). I'm confused with that stage.

...I hate it when items hit me there.

Some characters can just about make it over those jumps if you trick on them. Others can't.

I do agree, though - I never liked Lava Lair that much. Brilliant to look at, annoying to play on. :)

Agreed. The jumps scream "do tricks!" but the placement of the landings say "don't do tricks!". So deceiving. Plus it all goes to hell when all the players are jumping about at once.

Edited by Doctor Eggman