Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I find it strange that people almost murdered Sumo and SEGA because we didn't get any news of Knuckles appearing in the game until a late date and that now.... people bitch about Knuckles user's....

Make you your mind please?

Could you explain how those people who wanted Knuckles in should have been aware of the stats he would have been given?

You keep loosing to Sonic user's but don't complain? why? cause he's Sonic?

But when it concerns one of you most favorite/respected character other then Sonic you'll complain? laaame...

Nobody complains about Sonic because people can beat him, however I would argue that the reason why people beat him is because the people who race as him don't know what they're doing.

Picture this, two people with identical skill, one is Sonic, one is AiAi. Who would win? Sonic. Sonic. Sonic.

How can anyone say that's balanced? Don't give me the old "it's based on the players' skill" argument, because out of a Sonic player and an AiAi player with identical skill, the result will always be the same.

Just so you know, I'm not even particularly angry about it, but there's no point in denying it.

I wont deny that, but think about it... Do you know how many are the chances of having 2 exactly equally skilled players, playing the same game, at the same time?

Even taking out variables like items or catch up there will be even more factors to make differences, like the weather of the place wich may bother or not the player, the quantity of food he ate, how many rest he got before started to play, how is his mood, how many times he played before that particular match and a long etc...

The only way of having 2 equally skilled players facing each other would be in a tournament, because the conditions of the place and moment are the same, but then they are still more variables, maybe they have some awesome synchronisation rate and are able to copy exactly any of their moves and have the same strategy for their race, but if that were to happen, they would probably want to play as the same character (wich can be made with the "time paradox" glitch) instead of having someone play as Sonic and other as AiAi.

Seriously, what you said may be truth but the chances of that happening are.....I can't count the amoun of 0s I will have to put before adding a 1 or 2 at the end :P

I didn't make that point to say "ASR sux lawl", I made that point to say trying to prove ASR is balanced is pointless, because it's not.

Edited by Lyra

I didn't make that point to say "ASR sux lawl", I made that point to say trying to prove ASR is balanced is pointless, because it's not.

Never said that :blink: , I think you are right about the balance issues (the heavies weapon guys needs some love, untill someone finds a new way of win a race instead of the current one, wich seems to favour some characthers).

I just said the outcome of a race it's still highly based on skills, because there is no chance of having 2 exactly same players with the same skill level at the same time and place :P (not to mention doing the same thing, why would I try to win doing wheelies like shadow if I am playing as Eggman? :rolleyes: )

Edited by imarafan

I don't actually know what any of the character stats are. I play as Knuckles because I love him. But I can have just as much fun/success with other characters, I do think it's just about knowing the characters and the courses.

People online are so full of shit sometimes. This guy was being so cocky and thought he was so good with Shadow (had a mic on) that he picked Monkey Target with no items on.

Then sure enough, the second I pass him and start leaving him behind with Ulala, he ends the race prematurely and puts items back on. :\

Oh yeah, well try boost starting into a Jakira player who doesn't even move. I get stuck and have to slowly weave around him, getting left behind everyone else (I managed to crawl my way back up to 4th by the end of the race). What makes it even more annoying is that his name was crazyfrog1994 (or something like that)...

That damn frog always comes back to haunt me. Froggy would kick his ass any day of the week!

Edited by Clisp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, well try boost starting into a Jakira player who doesn't even move. I get stuck and have to slowly weave around him, getting left behind everyone else (I managed to crawl my way back up to 4th by the end of the race). What makes it even more annoying is that his name was crazyfrog1994 (or something like that)...

That damn frog always comes back to haunt me. Froggy would kick his ass any day of the week!

Yeah, it would be better if it was like the DS version where from the back if you get a start boost and the racers in front dont you just plow through them and make them flip over leaving them behind :lol:

I'm feeling quite lucky right now as I'm one of the only ten people to earn the Dreamarena trophy and the third in the world to get the platinum. I know it's not worth being proud of since it's a glitched trophy that would be piss easy otherwise but it's kinda cool being so close to first in world at something.

Heh, that's pretty cool. Everyone I know had no such luck no matter how many times they tried, so it's almost like winning the lottery.

On the subject of bikes, am I the only one who doesn't think wheelie boost are that big of an advantage? The only place I can think of where they are quite useful is that narrow, straight path in the beginning of Roulette Road. Otherwise, I've found it better to just stick with drifting. All of the really good online bikers that I've encountered stick with drifting too.

More epic fail VG Chartz comparisons -

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/03/05/report-asr-selling-better-in-europe/

Speaking of wheelie boosts I wonder why the home console bikes do a turbo boost from wheelies while the DS version gets a slight speed boost for as long as you hold the wheelie like in MK Wii.

Boss battles and racers DO NOT MIX!

I think it's the one time that Advance 2 style bosses would actually be fun.

Boss battles and racers DO NOT MIX!

If you're talking about those two missions, I thought the house of the dead boss fight was great, the Sonic one was kinda crap because the boxing gloves are a bit naff when it comes to damage.

My my...the Wii version's control is quite different from the DS version. xP

Started playing it 2 days ago...I AAA'ed that infamous pot dodging mission quickly so I suppose that's a good sign. ;)

Looks like I'll have to practice a notch to start owning the place. ;p

Edited by PMario64

You know I was wondering about this glitched trophy... the one where you have to play with friends.

Well if you go to play with friends in the multiplayer menu, it won't find any friends, even if they're in an open lobby waiting for you and have sent an invite, when I got sent an invite from some SSMB peoples earlier I decided to use the search option, no friends games came up, it said that there wasn't any, yet there had to have been since I had an invite, it comes up with no matches found. Could this be the reason why the trophy isn't registering?

HAHAHA!!

So I joined a game on the 360, it looked to be a 3 lap race at Blizzard Castle. We were all set to race when suddenly the host switched it to 9 laps in Shibuya-cho! Hmmm :angry:

The race starts and WOOSH! I'm in the lead! Lucky for me I know Shibuya like the back of my hand. I lead the pack and soon (by the 4th lap) am nearly a lap ahead of 8th place! Unfortunately I didn't pass them, but once I crossed the finish line and was on auto-drive, I saw the other plays attempting to hit me with boxing gloves thinking I was still in the race. lol

Winning first by a huge lead is awesome.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You know I was wondering about this glitched trophy... the one where you have to play with friends.

Well if you go to play with friends in the multiplayer menu, it won't find any friends, even if they're in an open lobby waiting for you and have sent an invite, when I got sent an invite from some SSMB peoples earlier I decided to use the search option, no friends games came up, it said that there wasn't any, yet there had to have been since I had an invite, it comes up with no matches found. Could this be the reason why the trophy isn't registering?

This might have something to do with the "Private Slots" option that the host can set in the lobby. It basically restricts the amount of people who can join by searching through "Play With Anyone" or "Play With Friends" - so if it's set to 5, then three random people can join, but the rest must be invited. The default on this option is always 7 (as of the last PS3 build I saw, which wasn't retail but was very very close), so if you can't find their game by searching, then they may have set the Private Slots too high.

Edited by CNash

Could you explain how those people who wanted Knuckles in should have been aware of the stats he would have been given?

What I mostly wanted to meant is that Knuckles, even with his stats, isn't overpowered.

Because some of the people who likes Knuckles can't beat the other Knuckles user's for X reasons, they seem, IMO, to hate him...

I say practice with the character thats close to Knuckles stats and racing abilities (drift + boost) then you can take on to those Knuckles user's with ease or so. Also, learn you tracks.

I actually find it kinda funny (in an ironic sort of way) that before the game came out and we saw everyone's stats, pretty much everyone was talking about how terrible Knuckles' stats were and how underpowered he was. And now pretty much everyone is complaining about how overpowered he is. XD

Edited by gamerguy21

I actually find it kinda funny (in an ironic sort of way) that before the game came out and we saw everyone's stats, pretty much everyone was talking about how terrible Knuckles' stats were and how underpowered he was. And now pretty much everyone is complaining about how overpowered he is. XD

Umm... I was one of those complaining about slow Knuckles. Knowing how the boost works now he is sort of very powerful. Haha- fickle they be, the Sonic fans we.

Well his Turbo-Boost rating lies. It's great.

He can charge up a level 1 Turbo-Boost incredibly quickly. Granted, it's not too powerful but being able to squeeze out level 1 or 2 boosts, no matter how weak they are, can put you at an advantage. This, combined with his stellar acceleration makes him killer on the starting line and really good at recovering from a big hit. Not to mention his handling can really be of use on the more difficult tracks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well his Turbo-Boost rating lies. It's great.

He can charge up a level 1 Turbo-Boost incredibly quickly. Granted, it's not too powerful but being able to squeeze out level 1 or 2 boosts, no matter how weak they are, can put you at an advantage. This, combined with his stellar acceleration makes him killer on the starting line and really good at recovering from a big hit. Not to mention his handling can really be of use on the more difficult tracks.

See Monkey Target and Detirtus Desert. There's an element of the stage reliance though. He'll excel on something with lots of turns, but when the road becomes straighter he'll fall victim to him low speed.

I'm surprised I haven't run into many Knuckles players on Nintendo WFC, though there are quite a few Shadow players that I beat nearly every time now (seems to be skill related though). I agree about a factor of stage reliance, with Jacky & Akira I notice I do better on Dark Arsenal and the JSRF courses. I do better with Knuckles on Rocky Coaster as well as the Monkey Ball courses, not a huge difference but the turns sure are easier.

On another note, I love this game! As much as I like Mario Kart Wii, ASR feels a lot better. The sense of speed is perfect. I'm very happy that nearly everything from the PS3 and 360 versions are in the Wii version, plus Mii support! Hopefully in the future I can get the 360 version when I can afford buying that console so I can get in on the DLC.

S0L I have a bit of a different question for you, what was it like working with the in-game announcer? It must have been really fun working with him! I laughed hard when I first heard "There's no stopping the frogginator!" He's definitely the best video game announcer I've heard since DJ Atomika from SSX 3.

My wishlist for DLC:

Characters:

Sketch Turner (Big YES to the paper airplane vehicle idea, and feel free to use the support banner in my signature!)

Vectorman

Blaze the Cat

Silver the Hedgehog

Jet the Hawk

Tails Doll (my guess is that Traveller's Tales owns him, but he'd be a hilarious addition)

Courses:

Sky Sanctuary

Space Colony ARK

Babylon Garden/Digital Dimension combination

Space Channel 5

Grave Shipyard (Comix Zone)

Having a music pack is a great idea too. Not all of those on the list need to be in but Sketch Turner, Vectorman, and at least one new course would make me a happy man. :)