Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star. I hate the Confusing Star.

I seriously hate this fucking weapon. Nothing is more rage worthy in this game than getting hit by that six times in a row in the same race.

I love it, keeps me on my toes... all you have to do is keep steering in the way you were and mentally visualise the map, ignoring the inverted visuals.

Then again, I've never been hit by one six times in one race! That sounds rough. Heck, I've never been hit twice in the same race!

I honestly feel bad hitting other people with it! D:

Usually I'll just use it to block incoming rockets or K.O. gloves.

Whilst I would love to have custom soundtracks on the PS3 version, I don't think they'd add it as it would hit the performance of the game. But personally... I wouldn't care, give me custom soundtracks,

How fucking awesome would it be to race as Big on the tokyo night levels to that! Johnny Steele YEAH! *headbangs for 20 min*

Someone with an Xbox be a good fellow and upload that for me, I'll rate it 5 stars and give you rep too!

*Bribe the members with rep, that'll make them fall in line.*

I hate the Confusing Star.

Turn the pad upside down.

Turn the screen upside down. Nobody likes using an upside down controller.

• Thumbs Up 3

Both the confusion star and the rainbow have minimal effect on me. It's almost like they give you an advantage as you get a second of invincibility from them.

the announcer can be turned off in the full game if you dont like him.

Thank god. Once I get the game, I am turning him off ASAP.

I just got a whole bunch of people the Outrunner Achievement by letting them all lap me.

Feels good man.

I've done that a few times. Nobody says thank you... >_> I guess I'll be like Spider-Man - with great power comes great responsibility and all. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I've done that a few times. Nobody says thank you... >_> I guess I'll be like Spider-Man - with great power comes great responsibility and all. :)

Yeah a little part of me wanted to hear people say thankyou, but I wasn't really expecting it.

FUCK. My broadband disconnected me in the middle of a race, and someone gave me negative rep and called me a "cheating dickhead".

Ffs I hate online gaming.

EDIT: Just got even more negarep for being "Unsporting"? What the hell could I have done to deserve that? :S

Edited by Lyra

Yeah a little part of me wanted to hear people say thankyou, but I wasn't really expecting it.

FUCK. My broadband disconnected me in the middle of a race, and someone gave me negative rep and called me a "cheating dickhead".

Yup, I've had this myself when I've been disconnected. Right now I'm hating Shadow. No matter what race I'm in, or what character I use, he always comes top. Even Alex and Ryo can't beat him at his own game. Bah!

EDIT: Just got even more negarep for being "Unsporting"? What the hell could I have done to deserve that? :S

This happened to me earlier on the PS3 version though I didnt get any messages. We're on Virgin Media for our broadband but we have connection problems at least once a week, we never use to have this problem before Virgin bought out Telewest >_< Telewest were awesome.

EDIT:

I dont know why Microsoft bothered with a rep system as its constantly abused, I've had bad rep given to me for 'Trash Talking' after playing a game with a group of random people. I didnt even speak once in that game :lol:

This happened to me earlier on the PS3 version though I didnt get any messages. We're on Virgin Media for our broadband but we have connection problems at least once a week, we never use to have this problem before Virgin bought out Telewest >_< Telewest were awesome.

I'm on BT and I get disconnected multiple times per day.... it's a bit of a pain.

Maybe I shouldn't host games in the future >.<

I was trying to do the Billy Hatcher shortcut to get the achievement like Casanova said, so I set up my own game, but it wasn't worth it T-T

EDIT: Yeah I've heard a lot of people have problems with it, I just don't play online often/ever so I've never really run into it before. I guess I just hate people judging me or something.

Edited by Lyra

So remember a few pages back when I said "Is there any point in playing online if someone is Knuckles/Alex Kid?"

Well... I joined a game with a group of Americans who have been playing the game religiously since the release. The guy hosting the games was Sonic, wouldn't change, he said that he just liked the character prefared shadow but didn't like how Shadow handled... anyway.

They raced in 5 laps, turned items off, and turned catch up off...

Wow... what a difference it made. The group of Americans were very good, the leader was Sonic, the other guy was Tails and another dude kept changing. The guy who was playing as Sonic won almost every race, I beat him as Knuckles on all the Samba courses, the guy playing Tails almost always came second, the other dude was usually 4th. The no items rule really opens up the game all the racers seem to have a chance. The guy who was Sonic was quite often not taking shortcuts and he was still beating people. At one point he came back from being 6th to first place.

It was really quite a few fun and intense races, best part of all, they all had mics and it was one of the most pleasent two hours of online gaming I've ever had.

If you've not tried it yet, set up a few races with the items turned off and see if it makes a difference, also go for 5 laps, it really does turn races into a battle if everyone is quite close.

I been also having problems. Its not being kicked off, but its joining other people's room on the 360 version. Everytime I try joining, more then half the time it says the match isn't there or something. :angry:

No 360 game ever did this to me before...

So, I've pretty much got my hands on all of the content in the game, so now I'm gonna post the stuff I'd like to see via DLC:

Characters:

Bug

Ecco the Dolphin (he could use some sort of Atlantian technology to levitate; a vehicle wouldn't be that hard to come up with)

Flickies (the different kinds of Flickies could all be packed into one vehicle, similar to how the ChuChus were handled)

Jet the Hawk

Ristar

Toejam & Earl

Tyris Flare

Vectorman

Vulcan (Full Auto)

Tracks:

Firewood (Golden Axe Warrior)

Hanging Water (Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future)

Jurassic Beach (Ecco the Dolphin)

Metal City

Scrap Brain Zone

Terraport (Vectorman)

I been also having problems. Its not being kicked off, but its joining other people's room on the 360 version. Everytime I try joining, more then half the time it says the match isn't there or something. :angry:

No 360 game ever did this to me before...

Yeah, I had this a fair bit yesterday on my PS3 version and thought something was wrong but then after about 5 or 10 mins I got signed out of PSN and noticed my internet playing up again(damn Virgin Media).

You get it from time to time when your internet is fine though as some people might jump in and fill the room while you're joining or you'll join the room, wait and then they close the room when they finish their race due to whatever the reason they had.

Been looking around for more reviews as there isnt many so far really and I'm a little(just a little) shocked GameTrailers havent reviewed it yet.

Just checked Elspa, looks like the game's actually doing pretty well at the moment.

Just checked Elspa, looks like the game's actually doing pretty well at the moment.

As it should do, 'tis an awesome game! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

The no items rule really opens up the game all the racers seem to have a chance.

Yeah! The second online race I played was no items and it was a blast! Since then I've made it a point to turn off items and catch up (ketchup?), as many players go ahead with the defaults when hosting a game.

Perhaps a SSMB no items tourney should be established?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm really getting a weird SSBB vibe from this no items discussion...

I hope we dont start arguing about items users being noobs and only playing one stage because it's the fairest...

Then again, I have already seen tier lists in the SEGA forums. :(

EDIT: Being competitive is awesome, but there is a limit in how serious you can take a game like this one (sorry if I misspelled).

Edited by imarafan

Is it just me or are the Sumo ghosts kind of pansies? I beat them without even trying, generally when I set my FIRST record. And no, not the "Staff Ghosts", I mean the actual Sumo Ghosts because I reload the race to try and beat my time, and see that My Best beats Sumo Ghost every time.

I went to Target and Best Buy last night and checked out the video game sections. Here's my report (a SSMB exclusive!):

Number of copies of SASAR on the shelf:

Target

360 - zero (not sold out, just not sold. period.)

PS3 - zero (not sold out, just not sold. period.)

Wii - 5

DS - 12-20

Best Buy

360 - 3

PS3 - 5

Wii - zero

DS - Zero

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Is it just me or are the Sumo ghosts kind of pansies? I beat them without even trying, generally when I set my FIRST record. And no, not the "Staff Ghosts", I mean the actual Sumo Ghosts because I reload the race to try and beat my time, and see that My Best beats Sumo Ghost every time.

Agree, the ghosts in this game are easier to beat than the regular Staff Ghosts from MKWii... and MKWii has two sets of Staff ghosts, the Experts are fucking solid.

Also, items are for scrubs, fucking scrubs. Sonic and Shadow and all bikes are broken and should be banned from tournaments. There are no fair stages in the entire game. We should hack the whole game to balance it out.[/smashBoards mode]

Edited by Lyra

Okay, so I got all the trophies...except for the Dreamerama (sp?) one of course. Tried the "race with multiple friends" method several times and it still didn't work. Hopefully there is a patch on the way to fix this so I can plat it.

For now, I've just been racing with random people. It's fun, but is there a way to shut them up? I don't have a headset, but I can still here them blabbing away. It's amusing sometimes, but one can only take the curse words of sore losers for oh so long.