Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

What's wrong with Alex Kidd? D: He's my main.

His stats are pretty good to start with, but because he's on a bike he has that ability to generate a boost on the stright allowing for a huge advantage over other racers.

Also something thats really making me mad... Why is it that everytime I do a boost start, the poxy twat in front of me doesn't I go crashing into the back of him stopping me dead in my tracks and quite often costing me a shot at first place... Surely a better solution would be for it to act like a smaller speed boost power up? So if I use it and hit a slower player he spins out and I actually have a chance at doing well?

Also does the catch up mode actually work at all? Even if it's on no matter what I do, even if I hit every booster or use max power drift boost, take every shortcut, I can never catch anyone in front?

I thought catch-up reffered to CPUs being able to catch up. To make up for them not being human, catch up exists to give you more of a challenge. In MK64 you can take the massive shortcut in Rainbow Road but still have the CPU racers catch up with you because of catch-up. At least, that's what I thought catch-up was.

Also something thats really making me mad... Why is it that everytime I do a boost start, the poxy twat in front of me doesn't I go crashing into the back of him stopping me dead in my tracks and quite often costing me a shot at first place...

That had been happening to me, until I started to boost and quickly nudge to the left or right to avoid smacking into the car in front of me.

P.S. Is there any point in racing online if someone is using knuckles/alex kid?

..I hope that I didn't influence this just now by playing with you. D:

I thought catch-up reffered to CPUs being able to catch up. To make up for them not being human, catch up exists to give you more of a challenge. In MK64 you can take the massive shortcut in Rainbow Road but still have the CPU racers catch up with you because of catch-up. At least, that's what I thought catch-up was.

Oh I see. It still annoys me though, all what needs to happen is a starting boost crash like I mentioned earlier or someone using a weapon along a tight part of the course and thats it, you'll never catch the leader.

..I hope that I didn't influence this just now by playing with you. D:

lol no it's not just you, it's other players too, it's definately a theme, if someone is alex kid or knuckles they tend to do really well.

p.s. OH WOW! I just beat a Knuckles player as forklift ryo!

Edit: lol just played against Mollfie, she was Knuckles and totally obliterated the rest of the players...

Edited by Casanova

Speaking of forklift Ryo, does he have the exact same stats as regular Ryo and just lack wheelie boost or does he have entirely different stats altogether?

Just curious.

Not sure on the ryo f stuff, I think it is different though.

Although has this happened to anyone. Just unlocked the death adder trophy. however in the seconds before it popped up, the whole screen froze and next thing I knew I was in last place facing a wall... lolz.

Oh yeah, and the friends trophy is definately bugger for me. Still won't pop up. Grrr this is like ghostbusters all over again!

Edit: Just been in a game with 2 friends and.... Nothing... no trophy... .... ... They should just make it a race the dev team or someone who has raced the dev team and have it a viral thing.

Edited by Casanova

I don't wanna be an arrogant ass here, but...

Went back to the Time Trial segment for another hit of Sunshine Tour. The other day, this was what I was doing when the PlayStation3 timebomb detonated. I'd just beaten the Sumo Ghost, too, and felt really cheated about losing all my data. So, today I returned and beat the Staff Ghost hands down on the first lap. Two laps later, and I'm thinking "Okay, time to quit and try the Sumo Ghost..." and so I do, only to find my best time ALREADY BEAT IT. My ghost overtook the Sumo Ghost within seconds!

Damn, I love that course! :lol:

I've got a question for S0L next time he does the rounds.

S0L. Was there originally going to be boss fights in the game? The reason why I'm asking is that in the Canadian (so therefore I assume the US) manual theres a partial trophy list for this game and one of the trophy descriptions is... "destroy the large robot."

I've not done all the missions yet, but I know more or less what the trophies that are secret are and theres no mention at all of a large robot. So was this a cancelled trophy/cancelled feature or an error?

S0L. Was there originally going to be boss fights in the game? The reason why I'm asking is that in the Canadian (so therefore I assume the US) manual theres a partial trophy list for this game and one of the trophy descriptions is... "destroy the large robot."

I've not done all the missions yet, but I know more or less what the trophies that are secret are and theres no mention at all of a large robot. So was this a cancelled trophy/cancelled feature or an error?

The last mission (the mission that scarred my throphy list forever D: ) is a mission where you play as Sonic and have to beat a giant robot. Since you get an achievement/trophy for that, that's probably what it's reffering to.

Edited by gamerguy21

Perhaps it hints towards destructable environments, and was something to do with a Final Fortress course?

Just a thought.

I don't wanna be an arrogant ass here, but...

Went back to the Time Trial segment for another hit of Sunshine Tour. The other day, this was what I was doing when the PlayStation3 timebomb detonated. I'd just beaten the Sumo Ghost, too, and felt really cheated about losing all my data. So, today I returned and beat the Staff Ghost hands down on the first lap. Two laps later, and I'm thinking "Okay, time to quit and try the Sumo Ghost..." and so I do, only to find my best time ALREADY BEAT IT. My ghost overtook the Sumo Ghost within seconds!

Damn, I love that course! :lol:

You sound more silly than arrogrant- the default staff times are purposely easy.

You sound more silly than arrogrant- the default staff times are purposely easy.

I'm talking about the Sumo Ghost time, the really difficult one! I wouldn't boast about beating a Staff Ghost, they are easy! :lol:

Read my post again, mate.

Check the last mission ;)

Ok then, so it's a cancelled trophy.

Anyway... does anyone have any suggestions on how you do the Bonanza Brothers mission where you have to drive through the yellow gates? I can't get AAA ranking on it no matter what I do.

lol just played against Mollfie, she was Knuckles and totally obliterated the rest of the players...

Knuckles is my baby <3

Was a good race for sure!

Btw, if I'm playing SSAR people can always ask me to join them, I'm never usualyl doing anything in particular. I'm Mollfie.

Edited by Mollfie

I'm talking about the Sumo Ghost time, the really difficult one! I wouldn't boast about beating a Staff Ghost, they are easy! :lol:

Read my post again, mate.

I wasn't sure if there was anything more than the default ghosts. And besides that, the Sumo ghosts also wouldn't be the best that they had to offer.

And a map for you, Cas. It worked for me:

mapv.png

Edited by Blue Blood

In my experience with this game catch-up when playing the CPU characters makes them slow down for you when you're at the back end. I've noticed especially in beginner with catch-up on your opponents start driving extremely slow until you overtake them. Dont know how catch-up affects human players on and offline.

I wasn't sure if there was anything more than the default ghosts. And besides that, the Sumo ghosts also wouldn't be the best that they had to offer.

1: Beat a Staff Ghost and set a new personal ghost.

2: Quit the Time Trial.

3: Go back to the same Time Trial with the same character and race your personal best.

You'll now notice there's another ghost, called a Sumo Ghost. As was indicated by S0L earlier, these are the true test of driving skill... apparently, beating one is especially challenging!

They're not impossible to beat, but they're damn difficult all the same!

Also something thats really making me mad... Why is it that everytime I do a boost start, the poxy twat in front of me doesn't I go crashing into the back of him stopping me dead in my tracks and quite often costing me a shot at first place... Surely a better solution would be for it to act like a smaller speed boost power up? So if I use it and hit a slower player he spins out and I actually have a chance at doing well?

This has confused me after playing the home console versions and the DS version, if you get a boost start on the DS version and the CPU opponents dont you plow straight through them making them flip over at the starting line :lol:

1: Beat a Staff Ghost and set a new personal ghost.

2: Quit the Time Trial.

3: Go back to the same Time Trial with the same character and race your personal best.

You'll now notice there's another ghost, called a Sumo Ghost. As was indicated by S0L earlier, these are the true test of driving skill... apparently, beating one is especially challenging!

They're not impossible to beat, but they're damn difficult all the same!

Well there ya go. Time Trials have only ever been boring to me so I never go back to them.

Well there ya go. Time Trials have only ever been boring to me so I never go back to them.

Fair enough, mate, but that doesn't mean you have to rain all over those of us who are quite proud of our Time Trial achievements! ;)

Ok then, so it's a cancelled trophy.

I wouldn't really say cancelled, it was probably just reworded. Instead of saying "beat all missions", it was probably gonna say "beat the giant robot" since they both involve you doing the same thing.

Fair enough, mate, but that doesn't mean you have to rain all over those of us who are quite proud of our Time Trial achievements! ;)

I wasn't! I was saying it's silly (as in funny, not stupid) to think you're being arrogant about about something very easy. The 'very easy' part was a hiccup on my end anyway.