Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Time trials are addicting and become a great way to rack up Sega Miles as well as allowing for one to learn a course backwards and forwards. :)

I have actually played Lost Palace backwards :P

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't! I was saying it's silly (as in funny, not stupid) to think you're being arrogant about about something very easy. The 'very easy' part was a hiccup on my end anyway.

Oh.

Um... :mellow:

Sorry!

I see S0L

Playing through the DS version I am quite shocked at how well the tracks from the home consoles are replicated, I'm very impressed but one thing I've noticed is most of the tracks dont have barriers on the edge of them like the home console versions do so I was wondering if you could give us any info about that. I'm guessing it's either to give DS players a challenge or its due to size restrictions of the DS game cards but any info you can share would be very appreciated :)

EDIT: Darn, he's gone :lol:

For boost starts you have to nudge a little to the left or right to avoid others. Can be a bit tricky if there's lag though.

I accidentally activated the clone glitch online while trying to switch to Shadow as someone else picked Shadow.

It was kinda neat.

Time to paradox that shit. See if you can get 3 Shadows next time. With all of them being in the top 3.

Honestly? I'd rather shoot for eight Bigs.

:D

Edited by Top Cat

I posted this over at the SOnic site that must not be named in response to their blatently inaccurate claim that SASAR didn't sell well:

Kids, listen: SASAR officially was to hit last Wednesday. However, most stores only received a few copies, with most stores not receiving full shipments until Saturday through Monday. Couple that with a majority of the reviews cropping up over the weekend, nearly all positive, and the fact that most buyers don't rush to the stores on day one. Pay day for many Americans occurs this Friday, so expect a huge boost in sales over the next week as buyers become more aware of the game's quality and have more money to spend.

Yeesh...

• Thumbs Up 1

I posted this over at the SOnic site that must not be named in response to their blatently inaccurate claim that SASAR didn't sell well:

Kids, listen: SASAR officially was to hit last Wednesday. However, most stores only received a few copies, with most stores not receiving full shipments until Saturday through Monday. Couple that with a majority of the reviews cropping up over the weekend, nearly all positive, and the fact that most buyers don't rush to the stores on day one. Pay day for many Americans occurs this Friday, so expect a huge boost in sales over the next week as buyers become more aware of the game's quality and have more money to spend.

Yeesh...

Lol , he's using VGChartz as news :lol:

Thats funny in itself but coupled with his post in the comments section where he then claims in the comments he's aware of the controversy surrounding the site and says thats why he's labelled it as unofficial in the article. So lets get this straight, its newsworthy but unofficial? :huh: If its unofficial where is the news???

That is epic, my wife's a big fan of the Bee Gees so I'll have to show her this :lol:

Quick note: This is made by Wonchop, who also made the S&SASR reviews all in one vid.

Here are my two questions for S0L since they came at a bad time two posts ago:

I do have two questions, however, and one is with the axed Showtime mode. The idea of having Robotnik messing with your racer seems well, fun and in character. But since Robotnik was going to be racing, how would have that worked? I would think that Eggman Nega as a stand in as the announcer could have made it worked since the man is a psychopath, and that you also have the same VA ( Robotnik was the results commentator for Mission mode in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, even though it was in text.) I hope there will be chances for this in a future game. I mean, it sounds so awesome, and I could hear the man talk all day long.

Second is, I really REALLY now want to see your company take a spin on the Mario Kart series. Next Level Games did an outstanding job producing the characters for the Strikers series and Punch-Out!, and they are a third party developer. I wonder if there will be any chance of seeing that?

HEY! This reminds me why I retired into DAAAAAAAAAAAANCIIIIIING YEAAAH!

Seriously, stop shoving me the awesomeness of this game in my face :(

JK, if I didn't wanted that I wouldn't come into this thread, I'm such a masochist D:

p.d: I love how knuckles seems to be clapping to the Bee Gees rythm :D

Got the game on DS today! I had to go to two different Gamestops, one in a local strip mall, and another in a local shopping mall. The one in the mall checked with their sister store on the other side of the mall, and they were all sold out. He then checked two other locations nearby, and none of them had the game. That's four stores sold out! Well done Sumo Digital? They had them earlier in the week... is the game just popular, or did they not get enough copies? Ive never had trouble finding a Sonic game on release before. I was especially surprised to hear the handheld was gone, which I imagined was the least popular version.

So I went on down to Best Buy where I was sure they'd have a pile of copies. I only saw two in the DS section there... more shortage of the game? Who knows.

Anyways. I'm very happy with it! The screens looked pretty gritty from what I saw, but naturally the game looks better in motion. The content is impressive, the mission mode especially fills out the time I'll spend with the game. The opening cinematic was a nice touch, even though I knew about that last week. I might've liked a more involved congratulations screen for finishing cups and stuff. Presenting it in text makes the game feel like a series of menus outside the races. But I can't complain about that - the gameplay is definitely strong. I'm surprised that my favorite racers are Amy and Shadow, though I only unlocked half the content.

I'm wondering what gameplay differences the handheld's got compared to the console versions. The way most of my races go so far, either I pull about five seconds ahead and stay there, or I get stuck in the middle which is a hell of crossfire and all-star moves. All the racers keep very close. They don't let up with weapons either (sucks to be nailed from behind by an all-star while you're in 5th too), which usually means getting knocked around a few times back to last, though I have had it work in my favor on certain courses. Also the drift. I heard it was different in this version. You hit it and start drifting in the direction you're moving, but you can tweak it around to steer while drifting. Haven't played the console version, but the videos I saw seem different. It's a little like snaking, I think. Also, really nice how the tracks are the same. Sometimes the handheld is the throwaway version of a game, but this is the full package. That's dedication, Sumo! :D

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog

I was so bored I decided to record myself playing in awful quality. You can see my computer screen in the reflection!

I messed up a bit in the video too. I can do better.

Edited by Top Cat

Hmmmm

The more I play this game the less I fee like i'm playing Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing...

I mean all the characters are unique! There is tons os fan service, tons of replay value in this. I'm having a hard time in seeing clone gameplay from any other racing game.

The all-star moves are well balanced and all, the music is awesome even if its from past SEGA games (can't say past Sonic games cause it's not the only game series in this racing game).

Time Trial makes a big step in front with the SUMO ghost aaaand improving ourselves in all of the tracks. I played Sonic Riders time trials alot but in SSASR I'm having problems at stopping from replaying time trials to a point I forgot I still had missions to complete!!

Difficulty setting, weapon setting, all-star setting, rubber-band, music... their all fantastic not to mention the drifting gameplay wich is awesomely implented in the game.

I haven't played online yet cause I can't instal the damn 4th chaos emeral Wi-Fi program on my new computer.... but i'm sure thats also godly!

I didn't find all the shortcuts yet but some of them are cleaverly placed in the tracks, there are times when I doubt if certain paths are shortcuts or not until I jump in the shark's jaw if you know what I mean.

The tracks are *drools* excuse me... their amazing, all the details, the nostalgia environments, the beauty of all of it sometimes distracts me from the races and I find myself quitting the GP to drive slowly on time trials to check all the work that has been done. Tho I can't understand the people saying that this track resembles the other one from the same game (ex: Lost Palace or Final Fortress), I mean, each tracks, even from the same level of a certain game have obvious differences:

Turbine Loop is in the engine area of the ship

Dark arsenal is in the robot construction area (can't find the right words for it...)

Thunder Deck is well... on the deck... duh...

So yeah differences are here, no track cloning.

There are so much to do and even if I'll complete all the missoon, get all tracks, characters, music and trophies, I'm still gonna play it non-stop until I can't use my hands anymore.. or close to it.

Anyway.... this isn't Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing but when I play this game, I'm playing Sonic & Sega Epic-Win Racing.

Truly Sumo... Thank you, hats to you.

Edited by Unholy Sønic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does the DS version have different songs in the shop? I think it might. Oh, and playing this on the DS makes my thumbs hurt like hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does the DS version have different songs in the shop? I think it might. Oh, and playing this on the DS makes my thumbs hurt like hell.

I know...xD

On my first day of doing Time Trials...my right hand was really sore from gripping the DS...especially my thumb from doing all that pressing. x3

I think my hand's a bit stronger now because it's not becoming sore during my runs anymore. ;3

Oh, and I saw your name in the credits Chris. ;P

Edited by PMario64

Does the DS version have different songs in the shop? I think it might.

Yes and no. On DS, each track (well, theme) has three different songs, so one default and two to unlock. Also you could say they have "different" music in the shops, as on a couple, the default track music is different (or at least I think it is - certainly on Curien Mansion, the default theme on DS is Theme Of The Magician, which is an unlockable one on PSWii60).

Also, just in terms of other different songs, the DS has a unique GP ending tune (just standard triumphant fanfare stuff) rather than the So Much More extract.

Rawwwwrrrrr~

I got the game on 360 yesterday and I've been playing it like hell. Well, atleast when my brother's not. So yeah I'm disappointed at the lack of multiplayer Grand Prix, Mario kart has that (and the comparisons begin)

However other than multiplayer options (Needs multiplayer GrandPrix and more than two players from the same console online, why doesn't it have that? Even games without split screen have that...) I problably prefer it to Mario Kart. Items are less annoying, speed is more rewarding, and getting hurt is far less punishing. Also the ability to turn off rubber-band-AI is a godsend.

I added a free month of XBOX LIVE Gold so I could play it online while waiting for HG/SS to come out, since after that I probably won't be going on it for a while... ^^;

If anyone wants a game then add me :P

(But let me know who you are first!)

Edited by Lyra

I think they're all the same songs but in MIDI format, DS version has 1 exclusive song at the credits that plays after Bentley Jones song which is a Crush 40 track though its not a new song but its still cool.

These are the ones I've managed to find while playing, and so I decided to share them with you all. Surely there must be more than just these though. So, how many Sega Miles have you guys tallied up yet? Mine's currently at 906094 after 20 hours of play.

Edited by Stasis
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't worry about the video quality, youtube takes about an hour or so to render their videos at a decent resolution. It'll fix itself in a while.