Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

No you're not. You're dead set on keeping your pre-established opinion regardless of what facts or arguments you hear. You've decided to kill any kind of meaningful discussion on the matter before it even happens.

No, I have an opinion and I'm sticking to it. But I am hearing your arguments and I do take them into account, but that does not change MY opinion. I am entitled to have an opinion.

e: and how do you call Colors DS a 2D game when it has

The same way I call the Wii version a 3D game: opinion. It's up for discussion, but that's what I think.

Also, Wii Colours has far more 3D sections than the DS version, that's hardly a fair comparison.

Edited by Blue Streamer

No, I have an opinion and I'm sticking to it. But I am hearing your arguments and I do take them into account, but that does not change MY opinion.

Then in what sense are you taking them into account?

I am entitled to have an opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion. And if I don't convince you to change it, that's fine. But that's an entirely different matter than deciding beforehand that you aren't going to change it regardless of what's said.

Also, Wii Colours has far more 3D sections than the DS version, that's hardly a fair comparison.

True, true, but Sonic Colours still had 3D parts, no matter how small and infrequent they are.

... still had 3D parts, no matter how small and infrequent they are.

"no matter how small and infrequent they are", end quote.

Edited by Diogenes

I think with an open mind about my opinions. Just because none of your arguments changed my mind doesn't mean that I will never change it. Someday, I may view Sonic Colours as a 2D game. But that day is not today.

I think with an open mind about my opinions. Just because none of your arguments changed my mind doesn't mean that I will never change it. Someday, I may view Sonic Colours as a 2D game. But that day is not today.

What I AM saying is that no matter how much you disagree, I will always view Colours as a 3D game, no matter how warped you think my view is.

So now you're just straight up lying to my face?

Well, you really should at least try to explain why you see it as a 3D game despite the majority of it being in 2D. We know it's you opinion, and you are allowed to have it. But could you please try to explain to us why it is your opinion?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not intentionally, no. This is called an error. Not really a foreign concept. I corrected myself, yes. Lying to youir face, no.

Ok then. There are many 3D and 2D segments in this game. The 2D segments were built for the wisps, and the 3D areas exist for speed. They both exist in this game, and while you are correct in saying the 2D segments are more plentiful, the 3D segments are still very much there, and, for me, this defined the game. Please, can we just drop this now?

Look, I gave a legit reason as to why I see Sonic Colours as a 3D game.

So, Conductor, stop trolling and quit embarassing yourself.

Look, I gave a legit reason as to why I see Sonic Colours as a 3D game.

So, Conductor, stop trolling and quit embarassing yourself.

I'm gonna have to tell you, I think most people would not consider your stated reason for why you consider it a 3D game to be "legit". I think I speak for most of us who are reading what you are saying when i say that we still dont understand why you think it's more of a 3D game than a 2D game even though you know and admit that most of the game is in 2D. I dont mean to be a bully and I'm sure nobody else here is either, but we just really, really don't understand your reasoning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rings are clearly not coins and never will be. Stop calling them coins.

Silly! They're Japanese coins:

slide_04b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Again straying away from the current conversation, but this is a pet peeve: I find it really annoying  when people refer to Sonic Adventure 2 as Sonic Adventure 2:Battle. I know I have no real reason to be irritated by that, and I suppose the GCN port is viewed as the definitive version of the game by most, but still... It bugs me. Power to the original! The last Sonic game on a SEGA console, and the first sonic game I ever played!

There's more to it than pretending the original adventures didn't exist.  If someone's typing about loving/hating SADX or SA2B, you know at once that they aren't talking about the GBA games.  SA, SAd, SAdv, could all refer to either Sonic Adventure or Sonic Advance, so a lot of people use they GC titles for shorthand.  I suppose you could type SADC for the original and SAGBA for the Advance games but its not the common usage at the moment. 

I can see why it annoys you though.  Sonic Team should have made sure they didn't start so many games with the same 8 letters. biggrin.png

There's more to it than pretending the original adventures didn't exist.  If someone's typing about loving/hating SADX or SA2B, you know at once that they aren't talking about the GBA games.  SA, SAd, SAdv, could all refer to either Sonic Adventure or Sonic Advance, so a lot of people use they GC titles for shorthand.  I suppose you could type SADC for the original and SAGBA for the Advance games but its not the common usage at the moment. 

I can see why it annoys you though.  Sonic Team should have made sure they didn't start so many games with the same 8 letters. biggrin.png

Person A- "It was really hard to get into the SA2 special stages"

Person B- "SA2 doesn't have special stages! You just find the Emeralds in the story, like when Rouge gets three of them Security Hall."

Person A- "Rouge isn't even in SA2! What are you talking about?"

That never happens. Normally when talking about any SA game people mean the Adventures, and if not it's blatantly obvious when they mean the Advances because of the differences between the games. Back when the Advance games were still relevant people used to refer to them as SAdv, which like you say could still be Adventure, but it just sort of worked.

I've always been a little bit bugged about how simplistic Sonic Team insists on making Sonic's shoe treads nowadays.

Maybe I'm just a little spoiled from Archie's take on the underside of those trademark kicks, but it always hits me as a missed opportunity to show a little extra love to the character model when they just stick with the bare minimum. Sonic is all about leaving tracks. I'd say give him the ability to leave behind something a little more flashy or unique.

I have a pet-peeve. It's probably been mentioned, but heck if I will bother digging through all those pages to be sure.

HIS ARMS.

ARE NOT.

BLUE.

Remember when we had to tell that to Bioware?

sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brothe-1.jpg

... and made them fix it?

60313-160.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

^And this was a company that couldn't wait to make a Sonic game.

Lol.

Indeed, they were so eager, they forgot to do any fact checking at all.

Remember when we had to tell that to Bioware?

sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brothe-1.jpg

... and made them fix it?

60313-160.jpg

Eggman also has those bar and box things on the back of his clothing which are missing here;

wrongjacket.png

Rouge's heart ornament things are at the toe of her shoe, not like this;

289apox.png

and the oblong-shapes on the backs of the soles that are on Sonic's shoes are grey, not red;

25pnwrb.png

Knuckles does not have joined eyes like the Hedgehogs do unlike here;

joinedeyes.png

And Shade doesn't usually look like her eyes are attempting to migrate to her forehead;

weirdeyes.png

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 8

Funny you should mention Shade. Who decided that would be a good name for her, when we already have a major character by the name of Shadow?

joinedeyes.pngweirdeyes.png

Can I just add that the horrible cutscene art in Sonic Chronicles is a pet peeve of mine in general? Seriously, it's like they were basing the characters off of off-model Sonic X screenshots, except somehow made the characters look even worse. It doesn't help they're often accompanied by a shoddy soundtrack and animation that screams "cheap Flash video thrown together during lunch."

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I just add that the horrible cutscene art in Sonic Chronicles is a pet peeve of mine in general? Seriously, it's like they were basing the characters off of off-model Sonic X screenshots, except somehow made the characters look even worse. It doesn't help they're often accompanied by a shoddy soundtrack and animation that screams "cheap Flash video thrown together during lunch."

The irony is, some videos showing aspects of game development did prove that they were using Sonic X model sheets to base the characters designs off-of. This also explains why Sonic and Amy's palettes correlate exactly with the palettes used for them in the show. Interestingly, Sonic X inspired Eggman's behavior in this game as one of the developers actually said that what he did in episodes 40 and 41 of Sonic X were a basis for his deviousness.

Maybe it was Newgrounds' animators masquerading as BioWare employees. =p

• Thumbs Up 1