Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

A comparison between Sonic 06 and SatSR has branched off into discussion and their respective villains have come under scrutiny as a result... Did you read the thread? xP

I thought we were just talking about gameplay...lol

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

a definite worse villain (too generic for my taste)

Wait a minute... how, exactly, was Mephiles any less generic than Erazor?

Because the second he died it would've gotten out?

I personally thought though that the reason as to why Mephiles could not fuse with Iblis 200 years later was because Iblis had established itself in a way that made it impossible to fuse with. I guess it's only possible to fuse with it when it's still in it's recently-unsealed state as swirling flames rather than a giant lava monster.

Still makes Mephiles out to be an idiot since, as others have already stated, he could've killed Elise to get at Iblis.

Or, since he's shown to time travel at will, he could've gone back to the split and merged with Iblis there, not needing to kill ANYONE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Iblis would've released five minutes later as a result of his death and killed everything sooner? 

Granted, all of this could've been circumvented by never even attempting the experiments in the first place. What were they for again anyway? Just to resurrect some sun god or something?

To control time so they can see/save his wife/Elise's mother, who apparently died.

I personally thought though that the reason as to why Mephiles could not fuse with Iblis 200 years later was because Iblis had established itself in a way that made it impossible to fuse with. I guess it's only possible to fuse with it when it's still in it's recently-unsealed state as swirling flames rather than a giant lava monster.

If it's only a matter of Iblis needing to be recently released...well, Mephiles has time travel anyway. Just time travel to whenever Elise dies or cries or whatever.

Or, since he's shown to time travel at will, he could've gone back to the split and merged with Iblis there, not needing to kill ANYONE.

Better yet, upon first splitting in two in Aquatic Base ten years prior, he could've immediately sought to reunite with Iblis instead of stupidly running away into a different part of the base to be cornered and sealed by Shadow.

Better yet, upon first splitting in two in Aquatic Base ten years prior, he could've immediately sought to reunite with Iblis instead of stupidly running away into a different part of the base to be cornered and sealed by Shadow.

In that case, I think it's fair; he may have been weakened by the process, and he ended up needing the emeralds to fuse with Iblis, so it may not have been possible to do it then. But to go through such a stupid convoluted sequence after he was released, that's just inexcusable.

I'm not saying Erazor isn't generic(He really, REALLY is), but Mephilies was WAY worse, and that's saying a lot. He was like some sort of rejected anime villain. 

Wait a minute... how, exactly, was Mephiles any less generic than Erazor?

I didn't say he wasn't generic, just that he is slightly less generic, and still a bad villain all things considered. Also, I was just saying I like 06 more than SR, and it turned into a page long argument. I thought the internet was wrong, but I guess the Sonic fanbase IS this bad.

I didn't say he wasn't generic, just that he is slightly less generic, and still a bad villain all things considered. Also, I was just saying I like 06 more than SR, and it turned into a page long argument. I thought the internet was wrong, but I guess the Sonic fanbase IS this bad.

You didn't say you liked '06 more than SatSR. You said that and I elaborated on

Edited by Vertekins

You didn't say you liked '06 more than SatSR. You said that and I elaborated on

Actually, in his post, he says "IMO", which means there wasn't really a reason to dogpile him in the first place. 

Stating IMO doesn't mean anything because the statement he said is inherently one of opinion anyway, and merely having an opinion does not mean no one is allowed to scrutinize it or disagree.

• Thumbs Up 6

I thought the internet was wrong, but I guess the Sonic fanbase IS this bad.

You're saying that as though the Sonic fanbase does that when the internet can be far more harsh and critical towards the game. I bet you can't even defend Sonic 06 on non-Sonic websites without being ridiculed.

Edited by sonfan1984

Stating IMO doesn't mean anything because the statement he said is inherently one of opinion anyway, and merely having an opinion does not mean no one is allowed to scrutinize it or disagree.

True. Still, if Verte's issue is the way he phrased it when he didn't actually phrase it in a way that suggested that it was fact, then she could be considered in the wrong too, if that makes any sense.

Oh, don't be like that. Don't do that stereotyping nonsense. With a game as infamous(ly panned) as SONIC the Hedgehog (2006), is it really that surprising that there's a possibility that people will disagree with attempts at defending it?
Off topic, but I stereotype the media whenever they start bawling about Sonic's lost glory days, yet no one calls me out on it; hell, I got about 40 likes for a comment about it...just saying.
  • Thumbs Up 1

True. Still, if Verte's issue is the way he phrased it when he didn't actually phrase it in a way that suggested that it was fact, then she could be considered in the wrong too, if that makes any sense.

But she didn't say he put his opinion cross as fact. She said he did not only say that he liked Sonic 06, but rather compared it and SatSR and denoted the latter the worse game, which is what happened. This really shouldn't have turned into a topic on its own.

The PINGAS meme. It seriously has had it's run, but it's old and annoying now. >sad.png

I don't think it was ever all that funny, but it was interesting to see a more positive Sonic meme branch outside of the fandom.

The fanbase is bad for sharing an opinion with the general public on 06? Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them bad.

I thought the internet was wrong, but I guess the Sonic fanbase IS this bad.

Dude, even the internet at large would agree with the Sonic fanbase that there is no Sonic game worse than Sonic 06. And considering our reputation as it is, that is saying A LOT.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Not so much a per peeve as a depressing moment (but I can't seem to find that topic for some reason ;( ) but it just dawned on me that Bubsy had a fully 3D main series game before Sonic did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, in his post, he says "IMO", which means there wasn't really a reason to dogpile him in the first place. 

The way I see it at least, he was arguing that in his opinion, Sonic 06 was better than Secret Rings. I mean, I've said this before somewhere else, but there's a difference in stating that Sonic 06 is better than Secret Rings vs. I like Sonic 06 more than Secret Rings, and considering that, yeah, there'll be some rebuttals and all that. 

And with that considered, Secret Rings generally annoys me due to its controls, and as much as I want to finish it...I just can't. I've literally sat playing Secret Rings before on maybe three hours straight, and I could hardly even control Sonic that well, especially while trying to land on a platform during a jump. To this day, I believe it is the only Sonic game I own that I haven't been able to beat. I prefer Black Knight actually, since I can use the nunchuck and not being subjected to the motion control thing. Despite that, I admire the world that Secret Rings creates, including the visuals, story, and characterization, but I just can't get through the gameplay. D:

Edited by Burnt Ash

Also need to add that having an opinion doesn't protect you from criticism over it; no matter how many times you say "IMO" if you say it over the internet, it is perfectly within others opinion to criticize you over it.

Only defense of an opinion is a strong argument holding it up.

Not so much a per peeve as a depressing moment (but I can't seem to find that topic for some reason ;( ) but it just dawned on me that Bubsy had a fully 3D main series game before Sonic did.

So did a lot of other video game series', not to mention that Bubsy 3D was utter trash while at least SA1 was considered a good game in its day.

Again straying away from the current conversation, but this is a pet peeve: I find it really annoying  when people refer to Sonic Adventure 2 as Sonic Adventure 2:Battle. I know I have no real reason to be irritated by that, and I suppose the GCN port is viewed as the definitive version of the game by most, but still... It bugs me. Power to the original! The last Sonic game on a SEGA console, and the first sonic game I ever played!

Edited by Blue Streamer
  • Thumbs Up 4