Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

And now for some bad news...

SeasideHill_Screenshots_0015.jpg

Oh well, as long as there's not 3 versions of the same track trope (which means 3 seaside hill tracks) like there was in ASR, I'm fine. Because I like Heroes and Seaside Hill, even if it's overused at this point.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Oh my God no! ...actually I dont mind too much at all, Specially after seeing Afterburner, Skies of Arcadia and Freaking Starlight Carnival!!! Who knows, maybe its just a returning stage?

Apparently from IGN.

Oh.

Another thing, didn't SumoREX or S0L say it isn't in when we saw the boxart?

• Thumbs Up 1

And now for some bad news...

SeasideHill_Screenshots_0015.jpg

Oh fuck right off. I thought S0L said that Seaside Hill wasn't even in the game despite appearing on the box.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm loving these new tracks

What I suspect to be an Afterburner track looks like it could be pretty cool, and filled with some amazing explosions. Plus I'm loving the little short cut where you can take to the skies by hoping off a ramp/wave

The Skies of Arcadia(?) track also seems pretty awesome.

The Samba de Amigo track is probably my favorite out of them all though, seeing as it looks like it'll be taking place on a giant movie set with various movie tropes making up the track (both a pirate and wild west theme are already there)

Then there's the Starlight Carnival stage which I totally called a while back looks like it's going to be some delicious eye candy. The asteroids from Asteroid Coaster were a nice touch and I noticed the Aero Chasers from Colors in the trailer, and hope that we get a few more nods to the game (like other planets and the theme park in the background, as well as some Wisp action)

Overall, hype level is through the roof

Just to clear things up, Im pretty darn sure, thats not Asteroid Coaster, its just a "flying section" I guess, cause even when theyre in the whole asteroid part you can still see these guys:

starlightcarnival.png

Wich of course are from Starlight Carnival. I hope I am wrong though! I would love to see Asteroid Coaster too! was kinda my fave stage.

Seaside Hill... meh.

Starlight Carnival... aw, yeah, baby! Now I have to get this awesome game! wub.png

Starlight Carnival... aw, yeah, baby! Now I have to get this awesome game! wub.png

>Komodin

WHAT IS THIS dlkjafjljflsfkhgheruwqopiqweoirweuoir nfsaf

Seriously though, this game just got alot more interesting. I think Aquarium Park would've been better though, but this is still pretty good.

Edited by Extruder

Just to clear things up, Im pretty darn sure, thats not Asteroid Coaster, its just a "flying section" I guess, cause even when theyre in the whole asteroid part you can still see these guys:

Wich of course are from Starlight Carnival. I hope I am wrong though! I would love to see Asteroid Coaster too! was kinda my fave stage.

The fact that it's predominantly Starlight Carnival and titled Starlight Carnival doesn't necessarily exempt it from drawing cues and inspiration from Asteroid Coaster though.

It's like Seaside Hill from Generations which was equal amounts Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. A bit of a stretch, but SC never had asteroids involved. Both levels are in outer space though so it's easy to draw the parallel that the designers might have wanted to import a certain number of elements for variety.

i could see it being a mish mash of flying/driving past the planets via starlight carnival, considering Eggman had them chained to terminal velocity/the space elevator, it would be a nice way to cater to Colours fans that have multiple favourite levels.

I seriously have to wonder now why Rex or S0L outright stated that Seaside Hill's presence on the boxart wasn't indicative of there being such a track. That was misleading, and got everyone's hope up.

And moreover, why the hell Seaside Hill again? Okay, there's not going to be three Seaside Hill courses this time around, but it was still the least wanted stage because of it's over representation. Why was it chosen again after appearing in the original, M&S 2 and 3 and Generations? Emerald Coast, Aquatic Ruin, Angel Island, Palmtree Panic... they'd all have covered the same ground.

I'm really kicking up a fuss about this, but it's such a huge let down. And Richard Jacques already remixed Seaside Hill last year!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 9

What Im trying to say, is that from the looks of it, it doesnt have Asteroid Coaster involved as the track itself. Not saying they cant put some elements in there from another level, that is actually a pretty nice touch.

The fact that it's predominantly Starlight Carnival and titled Starlight Carnival doesn't necessarily exempt it from drawing cues and inspiration from Asteroid Coaster though.

It's like Seaside Hill from Generations which was equal amounts Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. A bit of a stretch, but SC never had asteroids involved. Both levels are in outer space though so it's easy to draw the parallel that the designers might have wanted to import a certain number of elements for variety.

Honestly, they don't look like they're supposed to be referencing Asteroid Coaster. They just look like asteroids being there, since it's space and they wanted obstacles. The parallel just came out of it.

Had no one mentioned anything, I doubt I would've even thought it was supposed to reference AC.

@MarcelloF: Thats exactly what I thought.

I know this is very off-topic but....

amigoASRT.png

Dawwww so freaking cute! xD ~

Edited by dabbido
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow this is a bittersweet reveal. Everything looks so amazing in the trailer, with Starlight Carnival being a fantastic choice for a Sonic level (even though I would rather see older levels recreated). And yet Seaside Hill returns. Why Sega? (Since it's likely their influence) No stage needs this much bloody representation. I'd have rather had Green Hill.

Sigh. I want this to be a revamped track from the original, with an extra water section, but I seem to recall a post saying the returning tracks aren't changing all that much so I guess not.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow this is a bittersweet reveal. Everything looks so amazing in the trailer, with Starlight Carnival being a fantastic choice for a Sonic level (even though I would rather see older levels recreated). And yet Seaside Hill returns. Why Sega? (Since it's likely their influence) No stage needs this much bloody representation. I'd have rather had Green Hill.

Sigh. I want this to be a revamped track from the original, with an extra water section, but I seem to recall a post saying the returning tracks aren't changing all that much so I guess not.

But it is revamped. S0L said the retro tracks are land only.

But it is revamped. S0L said the retro tracks are land only.

Lungo is saying he hopes this new Seaside HIll track is one of the retro stages in the game, meaning that it's one of the four tracks brought back from the original. It's not the case, unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 2

So people, do you think that the Amigo's track in the trailer is the returning one? If yes, Sumo was hiding all the gold when they said the returning ones will be land only! Now look at this awesomeness, looks like a new track! If this is really the returning one, it will leave more slots for other IPs, this is great!