Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

I suggested ages ago that a stage based on the Special Stages would make an awesome counterpart to Rainbow Road for a final track.

I'd like to see Justice make an appearance. That dude is freaky, having him chase you down a corridor would be excellently scary.

That would be awesome too with this as a track.

Chaos-in-the-city.png

Instead of the standard industrial level that Eggman is more commonly known for, I'd like to see a track based around his pyramid base in SA2, with mostly indoor but also outdoor segments, its interior adorned with those crazy egg scorpion/fish/etc statues. They could include elements from Sandopolis, like those sandy slides, dimming lights and ghosts. King Boom Boo of course would be a nice little mini-boss to avoid at some point in the race.

Failing that he's also had a few circus/carnival-themed locations like Circus Park and Carnival Night that would be fun to explore.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 2

If the game is going to have multiple Sonic tracks, I think that they should at least be levels that have not been created over and over again. The series has so many levels that are completely just overlooked and often shoved aside due to overdone revamps of Green Hill Zone(PLEASE don't let that zone be in the game). I would love to see zones such as Oil Ocean or Mystic Cave zone be re-imagined in ASRT. At the least, why not something different like Angel Island or Emerald Hill?

I, also, wouldn't shed a tear if nothing of Sonic Heroes ends up in this sequel, considering the hardy dosage that we got from the previous title.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic Heroes is being used again for a track then it would be awesome of Egg Fleet was chosen. That would be epic during the flying segments.

If Sonic Heroes is being used again for a track then it would be awesome of Egg Fleet was chosen. That would be epic during the flying segments.

it kinda was used, but the later eggman level "Final Fortress" and it mostly was inside, but the "Turbine Loop" final stage takes you outside briefly and if you look closely you can see the egg fleet in the distance :)

• Thumbs Up 1

If I could wish for a Sonic track, it would be Kingdom Valley. Perfect for flying and boating sections smile.png It would be majestic! Imagine all the towers crumbling down as you fly/boat past them like in Shadow's hang-gliding segment, and in Shadow's hovercraft segment :D Only problem is the ground racetrack itself....there isn't much land in Kingdom Valley. Unless you expect the cars to drive perpendicular to the ground like in the mach speed segment ohmy.png

Edited by JemiLoke97

If I could wish for a Sonic track, it would be Kingdom Valley. Perfect for flying and boating sections smile.png It would be majestic! Imagine all the towers crumbling down as you fly/boat past them like in Shadow's hang-gliding segment, and in Shadow's hovercraft segment biggrin.png Only problem is the ground racetrack itself....there isn't much land in Kingdom Valley. Unless you expect the cars to drive perpendicular to the ground like in the mach speed segment ohmy.png

The thing is: By perpendicular if you mean, 90 degree angles, then that won't happen as I remember SOL saying they will widen the drifting parts so that the drifts are easier to make and aren't too demanding.

I dunno, the locations in Space Harrier just seem so plain and life less. I mean as a bonus game it'd be fine but I can't really see it as an entire track. However I could see a Fantasy Zone based track, with several nods to the Space Harrier games, maybe even having that dragon fly in to cause some destruction to contribute to the transforming of the stage.

I dunno, the locations in Space Harrier just seem so plain and life less. I mean as a bonus game it'd be fine but I can't really see it as an entire track. However I could see a Fantasy Zone based track, with several nods to the Space Harrier games, maybe even having that dragon fly in to cause some destruction to contribute to the transforming of the stage.

For the most part, I would put emphasis on the game's enemies. I think that most of the enemies encountered could easily be fused in Fantasy Zone and not look too out of place. Therefor, a cross over level between Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier could really work.

So far a level from a SEGA IP I'd like to see as a track would probably be Hanging Waters from Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future. Mostly because of the water gimmick that level had and how the level looked really good on the Dreamcast, seeing that in HD would be great. The level itself had a lot of air, land and water so this kind of racing game seems fitting for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm waiting at least one full SEGA stage, like the ones from Riders. Something that pass through all the generations of SEGA's games and consoles, a real SEGA World! Imagine a race track filled with "Blast Processing!" signs, screens showing Genesis games playing and even some old chars in the background, the ones that couldn't make as a racer.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually got a idea for a Sonic stage. Tell me if it's good or not. Why not have Station square as a whole be a level choice? It could use pieces from Twinkle park, Emerald coast AND speed highway. The final lap could have the city being destroyed by chaos?Or perhaps one of Eggmans robots like tails final boss.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually got a idea for a Sonic stage. Tell me if it's good or not. Why not have Station square as a whole be a level choice? It could use pieces from Twinkle park, Emerald coast AND speed highway. The final lap could have the city being destroyed by chaos?Or perhaps one of Eggmans robots like tails final boss.

After Mario and Sonic Winter and Generations? I dunno about that...

He is THE Monster of the Week, man. He embodies that part of Sonic's life.

(Well...it's kind of still going, but they're getting better.)

He is THE Monster of the Week, man. He embodies that part of Sonic's life.

(Well...it's kind of still going, but they're getting better.)

He's the well most monster of the week, so I guess it makes sense.

Starlight Carnival

STARLIGHT. FUCKING. CARNIVAL.

SWEET FUCKING MOTHER WISP.

Okay, I'm totally sold on this game. That's all I needed to hear, now I'm happy. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

The track in space is perhaps the one with the asteroids from Sonic Colors?

From what we've seen so far, it just looks like Starlight Carnival with asteroids and not actually Asteroid Coaster.

Would be cool to see the other planets, chains and orbital elevator in the background.