Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

Dear god I am feeling that After Burner Track. Its a map with half the characters in a dogfight while the rest battle for supremacy on the waves as they skip around some of the baddest battleships on the planet?!

DO WANT

^ Is there no way that could be a Shenmue track?

Don't even joke like that. My heart can't take it.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

If stages aren't necessarily getting remixes of their original music, I hope Starlight Carnival still is.. It's one of my favorite music tracks in the series.

You all assume of course that Seaside Hill will have Seaside Hill music. Maybe we wanted a different set of tunes too...

---

S0L

---

Here's hoping for a mashup of Azure Blue World and Windy and Ripply.

Unless this is like when we found out about the track >_>

• Thumbs Up 2

It's been explained a few times now why it was brought back.

Geez the whole W"HY IS SEASIDE HILL BACK?!"is starting to turn into the "WHY IS SONIC IN A CAR?!" thing.tongue.png

*to be honest that wouldn't be a bad thing, in one situation anyway...*

And you know what? I am not mad that Seaside Hill is here, not at all. Give me that giant chomper from Generations and I'll love this stage as much as Starlight Carnival.

Edited by Jetronic

The retro stages not necessarily having their original music kinda leads me to believe that one of the Billy Hatcher Blizzard Castle stages will be returning since they didn't even give you option of selecting their original BGM in ASR :P

I wouldn't mind Seaside Hill remixing in some other Beach Sonic music in with it, if they just mash-up SSH and Ocean Palace again I'll be a but disappointed :/

I see. So that Starlight Carnival stage will be on the sequel. That's something I would expected since Sonic Colors made a success. That's fantastic, I think it would be a great stage. Skies of Arcadia,After Burner,and Samba de Amigo each have a new racetrack of their own. As for Samba Studios, its looks new. Looks like Seaside Hill make its return. That's sounds wonderful. Seaside Hill must been a favorite to all Sega Stages since Sonic Heroes. As the matter of fact, I kind of like it, and its all makes sense as I checked out the boxart.

Edited by Shego13

Some other questions

1 what about Graffiti City and Outrun Bay? Will they be Boat/Plane/Car?

2 Are the returning tracks going to feature boat and plane section in some way as well? In Sunshine Tour it could be implemented when you enter in the gates where you see Linda's giant face, and could be water in the second lap and air in the third :P

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

2 Are the returning tracks going to feature boat and plane section in some way as well? In Sunshine Tour it could be implemented when you enter in the gates where you see Linda's giant face, and could be water in the second lap and air in the third tongue.png

That's been covered already. All the returning tracks are land only.

Some other questions

1 what about Graffiti City and Outrun Bay? Will they be Boat/Plane/Car?

Graffiti City is Car & Plane from what i've seen.

OutRun Bay is based around the Beach area so i'm guessing Car (classic OutRun making it obvious) and Boating (because of Sea)

Has it been confirmed that the returning JSR track is from Jet Set Radio Future and the new track is from the original Jet Set Radio? Because if thats the case, I'd be overjoyed. Multiple Sonic games get tracks, so why not multiple games from other IPs?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it looks like it. Why else would Beat be in his original JSR outfit?

Edited by FourCartridge

Yeah, it looks like it. Why else would Beat be in his original JSR outfit?

Good point.

shinobi.jpg

Holy dang dude, I didn't saw that before, awesome!

Ha! I forgot about my own article! Yeah, Shinobi track. So we only have 5 more tracks to reveal from the NEW list, and 1 from the returning list. For new tracks, I think we'll see:

One or two more Sonic tracks, preferably one since we already have two new (Seaside Hill and Starlight Carnival) and one returning (Death Egg). I'd love to see another Genesis/Mega Drive era track from a Zone that was not repped in any past racing/tennis/throwback title. Or, I'd love to see something from the Dreamcast era that has never been given representation. That way we'd have Genesis era (Death Egg), Dreamcast era (an unannounced track), last gen (Seaside Hill) and modern era (Starlight Carnival).

House of the Dead (sorry, Curien Mansion) track. Every other All-Stars/Superstars game had a HotD stage, and to be honest I think the IP is far stronger in terms of track representation than it is in racer representation (Sorry Kori!). If we don't see a NEW HotD track, perhaps Curien Mansion will be the returning track.

Space Channel 5 track. I know Starlight Carnival sort of kills this, since its already a space track. But I think SC5 is just too cool an IP, visually, and a track mostly inside would be groovy. Imagine a giant spaceport filled with trippy 60's inspired ships?

Something totally out of nowhere. I'm talking some insane throwback track. Like Miracle World from Alex Kidd or a Shenmue track. Maybe something even more crazy and possibly very obscure for the hardcore SEGA fans. Space Harrier? An 8-bit Master System world? A track that takes place on Segata Sanshiro's body?

As for the returning track, Billy Hatcher does have a chance, as the Blizzard Castle tracks WERE great despite my dislike of the IP. However, I think if a Billy track were to return, Billy would return and I'm not for that. Thus, I'm hoping for a House of the Dead track to make a return.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic get another track, I really really want one from the classic era. It will be awesome to see how Sumo designers will re-do 2D levels in 3D, just like Sonic Team did last year. Like I said before, it would be awesome to see a Sonic CD level on it, especially because the game feature in-game changes during laps, so you obviously can imagine each lap being a different time era.

And I want Daytona in this game! Brueee brue skies I see!

to be fair if Sonic get's another track i want it to be either Grand Metropolis or Hang castle

after seeing what Sumo did with Adder's Lair i can only imagine an awesome, twisted track, and Grand Metropolis for an super fast experience with an awesome remix.

I wrote up an article evaluating all the tracks in the game, check it out if you're tired of waiting for the first page post to get updated ;) I kid! I kid! But check it out anyway, I went through the SEGA eras being represented:

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/08/14/lets-evaluate-the-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-track-roster-shall-we/

Daytona and a few more modern era tracks are a must. There are only two Saturn tracks and one modern track.

Seeing as Emerald Coast and Hydrocity are probably out of the question after Seaside Hill, I'm hoping for Mushroom Hill. The seasons can change for each lap.

That said, I'd love Marble Garden or Mystic Cave, too. Sadly, I doubt any of them will happen..

Edited by MarcelloF

to be fair if Sonic get's another track i want it to be either Grand Metropolis or Hang castle

after seeing what Sumo did with Adder's Lair i can only imagine an awesome, twisted track, and Grand Metropolis for an super fast experience with an awesome remix.

But, but, Heroes again TT_TT I could eaaasily change Seaside Hill for Grand Metropolis or Hang Castle, but since it's impossible, I don't think it's fair have another Heroes track. Not to mention, Grand Metropolis already got one awesome remix:

In any case, if I would pick a non-classic game track, I would go for Sky Deck, Apotos or Mazuri =P

Edited by Jango

Adabat would be a cool choice. Its got gorgeous vistas and landscapes to go with the water. Island hopping would make for a pretty funky race. Plus, who wouldn't want to drift around all that crumbling ancient infrastructure. Splash in some "Lost World" for added affect and your halfway home. ^^

Not sure what could be done with Mystic Cave (A rock slide here and there maybe)... but I'd honestly want it for the soundtrack alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd want another stage from the more Modern games. I mean most of the Unleashed and Colors stages seem like they would fit perfectly in this game.

I'd want another stage from the more Modern games. I mean most of the Unleashed and Colors stages seem like they would fit perfectly in this game.

Of course, especially Unleashed, since the levels are race tracks :P

Lol /jk

But it's true a little.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd really rather we got a classic stage. In the original ASR, the only classic stage was DLC and the only classic music came from CD. We definitely need some more Megadrive exposure for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Unleashed is probably the last game I want them to use for Sonic, after Heroes, since they were conceived in the current modern style and because we already have a brand new track based on a modern level in Starlight Carnival. I'd love to see a Classic or Adventure track brought to life Generations-style. Flying and cruising underground in Ice Cap would be amazing.

Edited by Lungo

As much as I'd like seeing a classic stage, I'd want to see some more recent level representation as well. It could honestly go either way. If we get Sweet mountain or Dragon road, fine. That would be cool to see. But if we get Hydrocity or Carnival night, I'll still be equally excited.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost