Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

He has a floating bike. I don't think terrain is a problem.

Or maybe even just sit him on a platform.

Be positive.

Don't bother.

She OBVIOUSLY isn't a True Blue Sonic Fan.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even though he won the poll...I don't think he'll be DLC. (Sorry for being a party pooper ._.)

Edited by Red Wisp

Glad to see Fang won...still I don't expect him to appear in the game, even as DLC. Still, at least now maybe SEGA will know there is demand for him in a future title.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a game I wouldn't mind seeing a substantial amount of DLC for, but given their lackluster previous attempts at DLC (in Generations and the last ASR), I don't see much happening.

The hope lives on for Vectorman and Sarah Bryant. Maybe not soon, but someday, in another game...

-Death Egg Zone

-Metal Sonic

-Ristar Cameo

- 1 Stage

- 1 Racer

- Five quid

What he's saying is that the amount of DLC is lacklustre. We got a full pack of new levels for Unleashed, but ASR had only one small (and expensive) pack and Generations had a minigame. So yeah, lacklustre. Considering the amount of effort SEGA and Sumo have clearly poured into this game already with the likes of Wreck It Ralph, Danica Patrick and the sheer scope of the entire project I don't think expecting more DLC is too far-fetched. Heck, we've already got one DLC pack as a pre-order bonus equating the size of the one DLC pack ASR had.

-Death Egg Zone

-Metal Sonic

-Ristar Cameo

-One track

-One character I don't give a fuck about

-Eight fucking dollars

-Character and track can't be bought separately

-Not usable online unless you make a DLC enabled room

-DLC enabled rooms lock out the vast majority of the player base

Seriously, fuck everything about that DLC. There are a lot of reasons I never bought it.

Edited by Chooch

-One track

-One character I don't give a fuck about

-Eight fucking dollars

-Character and track can't be bought separately

-Not usable online unless you make a DLC enabled room

-DLC enabled rooms lock out the vast majority of the player base

Seriously, fuck everything about that DLC.

To be fair though, we had to add it to the game once it had shipped, and since we weren't allowed to make a forced download for all players, we couldn't really do anything else when it came to online play.

We also couldn't set the price (we wanted it to be 400 points MAX).

It did chuck a whole new chunk of Time Attack in the game, as you could play with any character on that track to set best times, and a new track to play in split-screen, and a whole heap of new music.

If the price had been sensible, there would have been far less complaints granted :P

Can't do much about the character being someone you didn't like mind!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

So S0L had this to say after being asked if the dropped 30th character could end up being DLC:

Unlikely, the character in question got dropped as no agreement could be reached on the vehicle design (after 10 iterations!).

I have a bad feeling this could be someone like Ulala (she should have been revealed by now and her vehicle looked quite awkward last time) or Ryo (no motorbikes, forklift transforming could be a little too odd?)

I hope I'm wrong on these two.

Speculate away, people!

• Thumbs Up 1

So S0L had this to say after being asked if the dropped 30th character could end up being DLC:

I have a bad feeling this could be someone like Ulala (she should have been revealed by now and her vehicle looked quite awkward last time) or Ryo (no motorbikes, forklift transforming could be a little too odd?)

I hope I'm wrong on these two.

Speculate away, people!

It's fucking Segata Sanshiro, I know it. They hate me, why? WHY?

• Thumbs Up 1

I was gonna post that.

But I'm gambling Ulala or Ryo. Segata is to big an opportunity to just drop like that and if it was a guest, they woulda just crammed something in and hope people didn't notice. Or it's Ristar maybe; he has visual issues everywhere...

I don't see why Ristar is such a problem visual wise? When you drift you'll see the side of him, like any other character. There's also the rolls whilst in plane/boat form to take into consideration.

I'm hoping it was Billy Hatcher. Useless, godawful character.

Why is it he can't fade into obscurity? Of all the Sega franchises I think he alone is the one that deserves abandonment.

It might also be Alex Kidd. That would be a shame if he didn't get in, I recall his game having several land/sea/air vehicle sections. I can see how there would be issues trying to reinvent his bike into a transforming vehicle that turns into a helicopter and a boat.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wasnt Ulala revealed kind of late in ASR ? I remember her being announced with BD Joe in some random trailer (not even dedicated to those characters, they were just there).

Edited by Ferr

Why is it he can't fade into obscurity? Of all the Sega franchises I think he alone is the one that deserves abandonment.

I so very much agree on this. I mean, think back to ASR, if Billy was never in it, nobody would care. Now I know I'm setting myself up saying such a blanket statement, but I really do feel that in some alternate universe where a Billy-less ASR was released, nobody is asking "Where's Billy Hatcher?". If anything, a far cooler character, like NiGHTS, would have taken Billy's place. Hell, most any character would have been cooler than Billy.

It really was such an odd decision. I guess because it's a Sonic Team franchise, it was an easy add. But in terms of popularity, that game is so low on the SEGA scale.

I hope it is about Billy Hatcher then. He is really the only one SEGA character I'd like to see gone. His game was a little fun, but I find him very bland

Because there are people like me that like him and want more popularity to him. And it should be respected as any other request such as Ristar or Ulala.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 5

Because there are people like me that like him and want more popularity to him. And it should be respected as any other request such as Ristar or Ulala.

I disagree completely.

Why? The character is still owned by Sega, and the first one is on PS3 and 360.

I mean, everything can happen, but it would be a dick move. Bayonetta is not a character that only apeared on Nintendo consoles.

Edited by Ferr