Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

PC exclusive, huh...? Well, if that holds up, I'd hope for someone like Heavy to show up, essentially driving his gun as a car.

I mean, I'm not much of a PC gamer, but to me, there's basically only one series that's more or less PC exclusive that's famous enough to warrant a character... And that sounds like Team Fortress 2 to me. Or Portal, but then, that's on 360 (and PS3 too?) as well...

Although man, if that was the exclusive... Gah, I don't want to have to get the PC version- my computer can barely run Generations!

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Though S0L works for Sumo Digital, who is making this game. He is incredibly cool for giving us hints.

Anyway, How about a guest character for two systems? Say the 3DS and WiiU have one, the PS3 and PS vita have one and the Xbox 360 and Pc have one? This way, no guest character is exclusive to one system.

So the cheating in S0L's experiment seems to have taken an unexpected turn.

Hello me. That looks like me, except it's not me... I'm not registered on the Sega forums with that ID... I'm registered as someone else, someone who has already voted for Fang in fact. So yeah, S0L thats one vote you can knock off the scores.

Hello me. That looks like me, except it's not me... I'm not registered on the Sega forums with that ID... I'm registered as someone else, someone who has already voted for Fang in fact. So yeah, S0L thats one vote you can knock off the scores.

Fuck! Hogfather you should sue them for fraud.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

It's not exactly worth suing over, but he could report it to Ruby or Cochrane since mimicking other member accounts is frowned on.

PS. Geebus, it's so obvious what my account is on there now.

It's not exactly worth suing over, but he could report it to Ruby or Cochrane since mimicking other member accounts is frowned on.

PS. Geebus, it's so obvious what my account is on there now.

lol I only mentioned it because I don't think I'm the only one who has a multi, theres definately a few other SSMB peoples who now have a multi there.

Although tragically... Barry! You no longer exist. Several of you no longer exist!

I made a post clarifying that I was real.

Also, I got the warm fuzzies when people were like "Barry is well known outside the SEGA forums!" Daww, am I that popular? Do you all love me that much? wub.png

---

HA! the reply to my post, what the hell are they talking about?

2010 was when ASR was released, so when there was a Poll of deconfirmed characters that you want in you must have voted. Which means you were aware of the Polls here and decided to put your account on hybernation till another Poll like this comes so that you can vote, which means that your account only has one purpose, which means that you are mean to the people here who want to talk to gou, which means that you ignored what everybody else said and Voted for Fang. Princess Elise should come back
Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I made a post clarifying that I was real.

Also, I got the warm fuzzies when people were like "Barry is well known outside the SEGA forums!" Daww, am I that popular? Do you all love me that much? wub.png

Lol, the reply to your post is rather silly. The guy must be some kind of troll to come out with that bullshit.

Oh god. I hope Ryo is coming back. Not that I ever used him or anything but the very possibility that he's not in is eating away at me because he was a great fanservice character to have and I would feel his loss.

I love the argument that I only use my account for polls, and that I am intentionally mean and ignore people so I don't become a part of the community.

Funny thing is, that people are forgetting that there is no problem with creating an account to cast your vote. The problem was multiple accounts. Who cares if somebody joins just to cast their vote? As long as they join once and vote once, thats the only issue.

And so the SEGA Forums prove why I never frequent them!

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, I'm not a fake account I just created it so I could participate in the experiment. Oh well I guess I need to make a post to be a real account...

Edited by redhellc

Is there anything cohesive coming out of these polls?

All I'm hearing you guys talk about is trolls and people trying to figure out the numbers game behind a wall of multi-accounts.

Can someone explain to me why in the world everyone seems to be going crazy over these polls? S0L has repeatedly said that they mean practically nothing, yet people are actually bothering to sign up to the Sega forums and even make multi-accounts just to vote for this thing.

Out of the entire list of Big Deals Made Over Nothing Important, this is ranking pretty highly so far.

Is there anything cohesive coming out of these polls?

All I'm hearing you guys talk about is trolls and people trying to figure out the numbers game behind a wall of multi-accounts.

Well the main reason I'm doing it is to see what what happen if we ever decided to do it for real. It's also hopefully educational to all the people involved just how chaotic dealing directly with the fan base is. Every poll which has been involved has resulted in long running arguments, blatent cheating, constant PM's to me to add more characters or complain we're doing it wrong. You seriously wouldn't believe a lot of it!

Still, I had a list of things I thought would happen during the experiment and so far I've been right on the nail smile.png

If anything, it's shown that without some very stringent rules and policing, we're very likely to never, ever going to let the community be part of any potential future character selection. We constantly ask ourselves if we're doing it the right way, and you know, it's validated that we pretty much do tongue.png

But... I'll let it run it's course, and then I'll do an interesting post mortem.

Next prediction though is when I announce the winner, there will be a huge argument as whether it was chosen fairly. You watch tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'll be very curious to see if Billy's in it this time, not that I've ever been a huge fan particularly, there is something oddly charming about him. Though it felt ridiculous that there was something like four stages from his franchise last time, two of which being ice replicas.

Oh, and Hey S0L, don't Chu go go breakin' our ratings Hearts. You'd have to be a Moron not to Purge the thought of Ulala being ejected from the crew.

These SP5 puns doing anything for ya?

Edited by Wordy

Out of the entire list of Big Deals Made Over Nothing Important, this is ranking pretty highly so far.

Because this has been the first time in years anything has been done to say 'oh hey, what characters do you like' which has actually caught peoples attention and might actually have some kind of impact and wasn't started by 'random forum member X.'

Nobody (with sense) is living with the false hope that suddenly Nack/Fang will turn up in ASRT. But this isn't just like some random fan making a 'I love *****' topic and hoping others will join it.

For the first time in a long while there has actually been quite the responce to a character pol and it's on the Sega forums. If the people who monitor that board have any sense or can give their input back to those in the know, it's a pretty big thing that the community has done with that. I'm surprised that fang/nack has destroyed the competition as much as he has done, even if you take into account obvious multis.

Edit: Also it's quite an interesting insight into the ones which are not winning. Gamma right now is beating Jet! I'm amazed at that one.

Not to mention that S0L posted about the possibility of a cameo appearance:

Actually, I was toying with the idea of a cameo for whoever wins...

Not if there is rampart cheating though. As I said in the rules post, I'll happily dock points or disqualify a character if it gets out of hand. My experiment, my rules. I made that clear from the start, and if people don't like it, they're welcome not to take part tongue.png

Edited by Pawn

2010 was when ASR was released, so when there was a Poll of deconfirmed characters that you want in you must have voted. Which means you were aware of the Polls here and decided to put your account on hybernation till another Poll like this comes so that you can vote, which means that your account only has one purpose, which means that you are mean to the people here who want to talk to gou, which means that you ignored what everybody else said and Voted for Fang. Princess Elise should come back

My insides. They hurt. Badly. Thank God that everyone's different and we all think differently. I would never thought of that. That's why I laughed so hard.

He makes it seem this was all part of Barry's plan.

• Thumbs Up 2

i really want something else to talk about than this mocking of the SEGA Forums and Poll thing, seriously.

so how bout dat Gum?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not hard to be dissapointed in something you've expected, really. A month or so ago I did post on secondary and everyone was like "lol nope" so I'm getting a little kick out of her reveal.

S0L also said there's at least 2 more, and I'm guessing SMB will get a rep(likely MeeMee) cause of Banana Splitz, and maybe Pudding to complete the SST reunion.

Edited by FourCartridge

i really want something else to talk about than this mocking of the SEGA Forums and Poll thing, seriously.

so how bout dat Gum?

She's rollerskating in Shibuya, baka. Training her wheels for Transformed.

Edited by Jango

I'm glad good ol Fang won the poll. If there's Fang DLC this game will be a day 1 purchase.

Too bad it will never happen or do you mean wanted posters DLC?