Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

What exactly besides Ulala is off-putting? Cause so far every announcement they've made had seemed to interest more and more people.

The announcements you speak of that have made more and more people interested have made me less and less interested. I'm not attempting to speak for everyone, but really, I just don't like a lot of what's being done.

There are two main reasons why I bought the original Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. The first one is because I love racing games. I have been a fan of the genre for an incredibly long time and I don't think I'll ever stop being a fan of them. The second reason is because I am a massive Sonic and Sega fan and love said characters. Buying Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing was a no-brainer for those reasons.

The game wasn't without its flaws, but I still thought it was incredibly fun game on its own right. I was excited by the prospect of a sequel. Seriously, I jumped for joy at its announcement! Granted, I wanted a fighting game more, but that's not the point. I was excited for it because it was more of what I enjoy.

Look at everything now. A lot of the recent big announcements for it have all been related to characters that have fuck all to do with Sega or Sonic the Hedgehog. There are articles everywhere detailing Danica Patrick's inclusion and Sumo Digital took it upon themselves to reserve the Wreck-It Ralph announcement for Summer of Sonic (I think? It's been a while). It's just this huuuuge focus being put on characters I was never buying the game for in the first place.

NiGHTS is a prominent Sega character and was heavily requested, so it's great he's there but I'll be frank. I hate what they've done with him. I.. guess I get the logic behind it, but understanding why doesn't necessarily mean I'm okay with it. I reiterate; I don't speak for everyone.

The Bonus Edition is announced and comes with an extra character and track. That's cool! Oh wait, it's just Metal Sonic put out as DLC again. A Sonic character I never wanted in a game that already has plenty of Sonic characters. Judging by how DLC was handled in the last game, I'm left to assume I can't buy the Outrun Bay track and Metal Sonic separately either. Disappointing. Why couldn't the DLC character be a new Sega character and not just recycled DLC from the first game?

Gum was announced. Gum is fucking awesome! And yet, I haven't even seen screenshots of this character. The vast majority of the user base doesn't even seem to care. I go into this topic and others like it and all it is is mindless speculation as to who the third guest character is! Another guest character who I, once again, assume will have fuck all to do with Sonic or Sega.

The game comes out in a little over two months and I still don't know if most of the Sega characters from the first game are even returning. It's like.. all the reasons I cared about this game just aren't even important in the big picture. I'm just growing really fucking apathetic because none of what's being pushed interests me at all.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 7

SEGA are really taking their sweet time with news in general regarding this game. It has been over a month since they last revealed a character (Gum doesn't count as we still haven't SEEN her, or Danica either for that matter). We haven't even seen any non-Sonic returners since the game has been announced either. If they want to maintain hype then they should show us stuff more regularly as half of this thread has been pointless crap like arguments about who the third guest is and that Sonic character poll. S0L's hints aren't really enough to keep up the hype.

The guest characters are a waste of space IMO. Danica and Ralph are not by far what people want. No one requested these. And if Flo makes it in as the third, that will be another character nobody asked for in the game, and probably will be the least used characters in the game.

While I'm not going to use Ulala and Billy in this game, I still feel for the ones who actually loves those characters. They ARE Sega after all. I mean is even Alex Kidd confirmed yet?

I appreciate what S0L and Sega are doing but this is a definite no-no. You have to announce the returning characters first before announcing these guest characters nobody asked for. If Amy was still not confirmed at this point, I will go crazy here. We are getting real close to the release of the game and we haven't heard or even sniff some of these returning characters, so you almost feel you want to press the panic button. So I know how Chooch feels.

Edited by Shana
  • Thumbs Up 3

No bayonetta too...sad.png

Man besides the sonic colors track I don't see any recent ips represented, It makes me sad.

Even in the sonic characters, shadow is the most recent character and he's from adventure 2.

I know Sega as a lot of good old franchises but I think the recent ones matter too. I hope you surprise in the next few weeks.

Or it could just mean that she's not a Wii U exclusive, it doesn't entirely deconfirm her

What are you talking about? It's very clear that he's deconfirming her outright. Which is to be expected anyways as she's not suitable for this game.

But didn't Bayonetta exist before the sequel, considering it is... a sequel? The OP was asking for a Wii U exclusive, and SOL said no.

we need more naked racers

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

I missed the part where that was relevant to anything.

..Reading Comprehension skills, learn them.

It may have to deal with the fact that people still want Bayonetta in the game, not just as a Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta 2's reveal doesn't have to be the reason why she DOESN'T appear because SOL didn't hear about the announcement. Again, Bayonetta existed before Bayonetta 2 so why does it matter if he didn't hear about the new sequel? She isn't a new character.

Edited by Autosaver

She also can tecnically be considered a Sega character.

God I hope she's in this game.

She IS a SEGA Character. That is why SEGA is "overseeing" Bayonetta 2 - they own the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

An update on the scrapped 30th character:

On the SEGA forum someone made a poll about who this scrapped character is. Rex kindly popped in and confirmed that it is none of the poll options, which included:

Ulala

Ryo

Ristar

Bayonetta

Arle/Amitie

Toejam and Earl

Segata Sanshiro

Ecco The Dolphin

Axel/Blaze

I must say it is a big relief that it isn't Ulala. Now there is no excuse for her not to be in!

Edit: Damn, FourCartridge beat me to it. But mine has the full list!

Edited by Clisp

more hope for Ryo to be in then, also as the substitute character tongue.png

EDIT: I'm the one who made the poll, so SAY THANKS to me ahahahah

Anyway, the shortest poll ever made :D

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

It may have to deal with the fact that people still want Bayonetta in the game, not just as a Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta 2's reveal doesn't have to be the reason why she DOESN'T appear because SOL didn't hear about the announcement. Again, Bayonetta existed before Bayonetta 2 so why does it matter if he didn't hear about the new sequel? She isn't a new character.

He obviously is speaking in reference to the fact that people are using Bayonetta 2 as a reason as to why she's in the game, as a Wii U exclusive character, not because he was unaware of her existence up until then. People are saying that Bayonetta 2 provides a reason for her to be in the game as a marketing ploy for the new game. He is deconfirming that by saying he only heard of the new game yesterday afternoon. YOU need to learn reading comprehension.

Bayonetta's not in the game, his statement affirms that without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see what's so difficult to understand about this.

On the SEGA forum someone made a poll about who this scrapped character is. Rex kindly popped in and confirmed that it is none of the poll options, which included:

Good, that means it has to be Billy Hatcher. Good riddance to bad rubbish, eh?

Edited by PsychoJosh

He obviously is speaking in reference to the fact that people are using Bayonetta 2 as a reason as to why she's in the game, as a Wii U exclusive character, not because he was unaware of her existence up until then. People are saying that Bayonetta 2 provides a reason for her to be in the game as a marketing ploy for the new game. He is deconfirming that by saying he only heard of the new game yesterday afternoon. YOU need to learn reading comprehension.

Bayonetta's not in the game, his statement affirms that without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see what's so difficult to understand about this.

How does this prove she's not in the game again sir?

I'd also reccomend turning that attitude of yours down a few notches.

How does this prove she's not in the game again sir?

You're right, why should we take deconfirmation statements directly from people working on the game as deconfirmations? He's probably just lying to us. I'm sure Bayonetta's in the game even though he said no. Banjo's in the game too, and Vectorman!

You're right, why should we take deconfirmation statements directly from people working on the game as deconfirmations? He's probably just lying to us. I'm sure Bayonetta's in the game even though he said no. Banjo's in the game too, and Vectorman!

She could still be in the game. Bayonetta had a FIRST game, you know. She could be a multiplatform character like the rest.

She could still be in the game. Bayonetta had a FIRST game, you know.

So what? That's not relevant to anything. S0L said to not get your hopes up for Bayonetta the CHARACTER, whether it's from the first or second game is completely moot. It's the same character.

So what? That's not relevant to anything. S0L said to not get your hopes up for Bayonetta the CHARACTER, whether it's from the first or second game is completely moot. It's the same character.

He said not to get your hopes up for her being Wii U EXCLUSIVE.