Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

And now everyone on the SEGA forums hates Fang for winning. Ugh, I hate this fandom.

I just had a look on there. They all seem quite fine about it if you ask me.

And now everyone on the SEGA forums hates Fang for winning. Ugh, I hate this fandom.

If by everyone you mean a few of those (and I hesitate saying this) Silver the brigadiers, then yes. Everyone now hates Fang.

Edited by Balding Spider

One of the big problems with Fang, however, is that he only has a classic design. Given how picky Sonic Team and SEGA are about maintaining a consistant design, I can't see them sticking classic era Fang in with modern era characters. I don't think he'd get a modern redesign for a cameo, so at most we can probably expect a billboard or his name popping up somewhere.

(I know Generations mixed design styles, but they had a context. I mean I can't see classic era Fang amongst the modern era cast, unless hes redesigned a la the Chaotix in heroes)

(Also, this assumes Fang will even get a cameo. S0L said he was only toying with the idea, not that it was going to happen.)

Edited by Barry the Nomad

One of the big problems with Fang, however, is that he only has a classic design. Given how picky Sonic Team and SEGA are about maintaining a consistant design, I can't see them sticking classic era Fang in with modern era characters. I don't think he'd get a modern redesign for a cameo, so at most we can probably expect a billboard or his name popping up somewhere.

(I know Generations mixed design styles, but they had a context. I mean I can't see classic era Fang amongst the modern era cast, unless hes redesigned a la the Chaotix in heroes)

Thing is, that problem assumes Nack even has the slightest chance of appearing regardless of design.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

True, I think the best we can take from this is that Fang has fans. Personally, I don't think we'll see anything. And if we do, it'll be on the level of the Generations wanted poster, and nothing more.

lol, I mean, I'd love a cameo but some people are starting to think he'll be flag man or be a DLC racer. Not gonna happen.

Ideally, I'd like to see a shout out to his racing past via some Sonic Drift 2 art making it into a stage.

fang-the-sniper-sonic-drift-2.png

^ this as a bit of graffiti on a wall in the JSR stage? Easy addition and perfect cameo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd much rather have more fan art of Sonia plastered around the stage Sounds like a great idea, all things considered. We can hardly expect to see anything more than that. I do wish SEGA would allow him to return for games like this. I don't see the big different in using other dead characters, but then again the Sonic series is just handled in the strictest way...

... makes me wonder how Chronicles was allowed to happen!

Edited by Blue Blood

True, I think the best we can take from this is that Fang has fans. Personally, I don't think we'll see anything. And if we do, it'll be on the level of the Generations wanted poster, and nothing more.

lol, I mean, I'd love a cameo but some people are starting to think he'll be flag man or be a DLC racer. Not gonna happen.

You're probably referring to the Sega forums but if I'm included in that, I wasn't seriously expecting him to be included in such a significant way. The image of him shooting the starting pistol just popped into my head, is all.

If he does make it in, I'd imagine it would only be a poster like you said or name on a building ala Speed Highway, or perhaps one of these new stickers, something like that.

Edited by Pawn

Nah, just having Fang in 3D would work as a modern version of him in my vision. He could well be the flagman, think about it: he has a gun, and he fires it to start the race, it fits perfectly!

Edited by Jango

I'm pretty sure that Sumo has already hinted that the flagman 'needs to fly' (since some tracks start in the air and above water), so they'd already chosen someone for the job anyway.

Nah, just having Fang in 3D would work as a modern version of him in my vision. He could well be the flagman, think about it: he has a gun, and he fires it to start the race, it fits perfectly!

Nack's sort of like Knuckles in that regard- he doesn't need much to go from a Classic design to Modern. He'd just want an eye colour and slight updates to the shape of his body. But still, it would entail getting permission from SEGA and creating a model form scratch just to do that. It's not happening.

Edited by Blue Blood

If he does make it in, I'd imagine it would only be a poster like you said or name on a building ala Speed Highway, or perhaps one of these new stickers, something like that.

Ah right! The stickers! Forgot about those. Yeah, a Fang license sticker would be cool and easy to implement.

If anything, it's shown that without some very stringent rules and policing, we're very likely to never, ever going to let the community be part of any potential future character selection. We constantly ask ourselves if we're doing it the right way, and you know, it's validated that we pretty much do tongue.png

But... I'll let it run it's course, and then I'll do an interesting post mortem.

Next prediction though is when I announce the winner, there will be a huge argument as whether it was chosen fairly. You watch tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Question, why was it done on the SEGA Forum of all places? I know that it is SEGA, but the users over there are quite snobby and as you've seen - don't play by the rules.

Question, why was it done on the SEGA Forum of all places? I know that it is SEGA, but the users over there are quite snobby and as you've seen - don't play by the rules.

Because it's SEGA, because it's the biggest site, because it's too difficult to do more than one site, because it's the only place than made sense looking at every factor. And it was, as S0L has said, merely an experiment. If it was a big and important vote then it would probably havebeen handled differently

Besides, where else can he do this experiment?

Here? We are an unofficial Sonic site so SSMB's not an option...

Sonic's Facebook? Nah, the voting will be even worse, you don't know how many fake accounts Facebook has...

I think what they could've done was use one of those polly thingies you can find on the web. All they'd need is one that only allows one vote per computer and post the link to it on a ton of different sites and what not to spread the word.

Fang just needs to come the fuck back already.

I'd gladly trade in Silver, Blaze, Omega, and a few more useless characters for him. Pleeeeeeease?

• Thumbs Up 1

Last night I had a dream about this game having a story mode. It involved Eggman taking the chaos emeralds as usual so Sonic, Tails and Knuckles followed him to his city-sized base in Eggmanland. There he decides to take the train for whatever and he sees Danica Patrick get on the train.

Sonic gets interested in her and decides to make small talk with her for a while, a really funny dialogue takes place that I can't exactly remember but it involved Tails and Knuckles just watching in disappointment as Sonic tried to flirt with Danica. Some of the exchanges went like this...

Sonic: "So what's your name?"

Danica: "Um... Danica..."

Sonic: "I'm Sonic!"

Danica: "That a European name?"

Sonic: "No, I'm called Sonic because I run really really fast. I don't get your name though. What do you do?"

Danica: "I'm a professional race car driver..."

Sonic: "Huh?"

Danica: "I get paid to drive cars really fast on a looped road with other drivers in other cars."

Sonic: "What? I never would've guessed that, I thought you baked donuts or something."

Danica's dialogue was really self-referential and plain and kind of funny because she explains that she was told by her agents to go to Eggmanland to race in a new league. When asked how she got there she gave overly simplistic directions that didn't make sense or explain at all how she got to Sonic's world.

I recall a dialogue with Nights being gentlemanly to her as well. I wish I could remember the dialogue exactly, it was awesome in my head.

As far as I remember each character had their own unique story with completely different things happening to explain why they're racing, except for Sonic and Danica who were the only two characters that shared a link with each other's stories.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know what, guys?

From now on, we should talk like Fang is back. When people ask "Did I miss anything?", you reply "FANG'S BACK, BITCH".

Maybe we'll say it so much, it'll really happen.