Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Actually, TSSZ News had that info from an "official Sega employee", deconfirming Ristar. The same info who claimed DLCs for Generations (Ice Cap, Dragon Road and Hidden Palace), which was a complete hoax.

Don't remind me.....Well Hopefully Ulala and some of the other original characters are in.

Now that I remember, wherent Ulala eyes green and not blue in ASR?

Oh lawdy! Not another green eye's arguement! 4b236ab64fc29f3b409257bb6a840cac.gif

Edited by Unidus
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just a thought; are any of the confirmed racers in Project X Zone? Starting to think that's gonna be the reason this won't get a JP release...

Just a thought; are any of the confirmed racers in Project X Zone?

Well If Ulala shows up then yes, otherwise no.

Edited by Zone Seeker

This isn't getting a Japanese release for the same undisclosed reasons the last two SEGA Superstars games didn't get one. It has nothing to do with Project X Zone.

actually S0L is working on trying to get the game Localized in Japan this time around, since there were a good chunk of people importing the first game from over seas, i just hope they won't miss out this time.

Don't remind me.....Well Hopefully Ulala and some of the other original characters are in.

Sora, I too hope that Ulala and some of the other original characters from ASR made it in.

I think everyone is at least secretly hoping Ristar to be included, as am I.

I think it would be cool to see some characters like Earthworm Jim or Sparkster but....well a guy can dream can't he?

JIM1a.jpg1319828008662.jpg

As far as I know EWJ's creator is very anal about what happens with the license. He's also stated that he doesn't like Sonic because of how the franchise enables furries and some of the worst dregs the internet has to offer.

As for Sparkster, well... if he was in this game it would necessarily have to be the "new" Sparkster from the terrible reboot he had on Xbox Live, not the old expressive one we love so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love both those characters in.

Plus, Sparkster is a Konami game: it has little to nothing with SEGA exept having some games on the Genesis.

Have these been posted?

Wii U sell sheets:

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=186073

s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

Biggest pieces of info are the SEGA character counts and the track/arena counts.

Wii U will have 22 playable SEGA characters. Danica Patrick and Ralph count as two more. Metal Sonic counts as one more, being DLC. Then we have the already announced Miis. So in total the Wii U version will have 26 racers?

---

With that in mind, we know that the total count will be 29 across all platforms (including DLC and guests). So that means XBLA Avatar is another, bringing the Wii U + XBOX count up to 27. So what about the other 2 unannounced racers? Could these be PS3/Vita exclusives? Or perhaps XBOX is getting one more guest and PS3/Vita will have a guest as well?

Fingers crossed they're guests and not SEGA characters exclusive to a platform.

---

Also, by my count we have 17 SEGA characters revealed out of 23 (assuming Metal is not counted in the 22, since he is bonus DLC). That means we have 5 or 6 more SEGA characters to learn about (again, assuming the remaining 2 are not SEGA characters). And Steve said that at least two of these will not be revealed until the game releases. So... 3/4 to be announced until release? And remember, Steve implied that there are more secondary characters from already announced IPs.

My final five/six predictions are:

Alex Kidd - one (of two) racers who NEEDS to return. They're just too important to the series and SEGA's past

Some character I don't want - I know it'll happen. Probably Billy Hatcher or Meemee or Pudding or something.

Aika - fulfills doubling up of characters from an IP beautifully! A great character, and very different looking from Vyse (can't say that about Pudding or Mimi)

Ulala - Another racer who NEEDS to return. The series needs females, and Ulala is important to SEGA and the All-Stars/Superstars series

Ryo Hazuki - I'll admit, if Ryo ends up being exclusive to the first game... I'll manage. But I really want him to return. If he doesn't return, at least have a character as awesome as Ryo in his place. Speaking of awesome...

Segata Sanshiro - Who else would be the ultimate unlockable? Really, I can't think of anything! Okay, so Sumo did act a little wishy washy on Segata in the podcast, but they never shot it down. I don't know, they did talk about how Segata has a real actor, but did they really shoot it down? Or did they reveal that they did in fact do what needed to be done to get Segata? Remember, the first ASR had Segata concept art that Steve promised to show off, but never did. Perhaps there was truth to Segata and he did become a racer?

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Totally irrelevant but I love the "It's not just Racing... it's Racing TRANSFORMED!" tagline. Screams 90's and Sega to me, so corny and cheesy but totally awesome nevertheless.

Wait a minute, thinking about it: tracks and arenas. Who knows if an IP that didn't made into a track, end up was an arena? smile.png Possibilities, possibilities.

Wait a minute, thinking about it: tracks and arenas. Who knows if an IP that didn't made into a track, end up was an arena? smile.png Possibilities, possibilities.

Afraid not. S0L confirmed in the SEGAbits podcast that arenas are based on locations from tracks.

Hmm.

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but nothing has been said about whether the Wii U version has online play or not.

Glad I'm getting the PC version...

Of course it has online play, Sumo already said it's identical to the PS3 and 360 versions. The only version to worry about is the PC version, since the original game didn't have online for the PC, making it the most pointless port.

Edit: You know what? Didn't S0L even tell us all versions of the game have online play back in July?

Edited by King Of Awesome

More racer speculation debate... What the hey I'm bored.

My final five/six predictions are:

Alex Kidd - one (of two) racers who NEEDS to return. They're just too important to the series and SEGA's past

I've seen a post somewhere that asked why don't we treat Kidd the same way we treat Ryo or the like, and I responded that people just expect him in cause he's a regular. An unlock-able regular, but still.

Some character I don't want - I know it'll happen. Probably Billy Hatcher or Meemee or Pudding or something.

My money's on Billy being the scrapped racer for the reasons you(or Prof. J) said earlier; His game doesn't really have much to draw inspiration on. A 2nd SMB rep is more likely, alive series with Banana Splitz promotion and all that. I would'nt count out Pudding too, Sumo may just go all out and reunite the SST cast.

Aika - fulfills doubling up of characters from an IP beautifully! A great character, and very different looking from Vyse (can't say that about Pudding or Mimi)

Not so sure about this one. Ya she was in VC with Vyse, yeah she would be a good fan pleader, but this seems a bit like wishful thinking, and IMO Vyse seems to represent the IP fine on his own, having the "OMG Sky Pirate!1!" appeal going on for him.

Ulala - Another racer who NEEDS to return. The series needs females, and Ulala is important to SEGA and the All-Stars/Superstars series

Agreed.

Ryo Hazuki - I'll admit, if Ryo ends up being exclusive to the first game... I'll manage. But I really want him to return. If he doesn't return, at least have a character as awesome as Ryo in his place. Speaking of awesome...

I don't see Ryo being too much of a good thing, but I can see him dropped in favor of better fanservice. A transforming forklift might be enough to keep him in based on how weird it sounds though.

Segata Sanshiro - Who else would be the ultimate unlockable? Really, I can't think of anything! Okay, so Sumo did act a little wishy washy on Segata in the podcast, but they never shot it down. I don't know, they did talk about how Segata has a real actor, but did they really shoot it down? Or did they reveal that they did in fact do what needed to be done to get Segata? Remember, the first ASR had Segata concept art that Steve promised to show off, but never did. Perhaps there was truth to Segata and he did become a racer?

...I have a shaky feeling the third guest is really a SEGA character counted as a guest for some technical purpose. If he/she was gonna be a big draw like Danica and Ralph, we would of heard of it by now, and the reason Banjo was axed was cause they wanted to get more SEGA characters in. Segata has a good reason to be counted as one(never really had his own game, more of a RL figure), and I'm pretty sure he's in the game if they're not showing the concept art.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see many newcomers left. We're still missing Ryo, Ulala and Alex. I want a VF rep to be in the game, and I know there's still at least two secondary characters left since S0L said there's more.

Things are looking less and less hopeful for Ristar, TJ&E and someone from Streets of Rage...

More racer speculation debate... What the hey I'm bored.

I've seen a post somewhere that asked why don't we treat Kidd the same way we treat Ryo or the like, and I responded that people just expect him in cause he's a regular. An unlock-able regular, but still.

My money's on Billy being the scrapped racer for the reasons you(or Prof. J) said earlier; His game doesn't really have much to draw inspiration on. A 2nd SMB rep is more likely, alive series with Banana Splitz promotion and all that. I would'nt count out Pudding too, Sumo may just go all out and reunite the SST cast.

Not so sure about this one. Ya she was in VC with Vyse, yeah she would be a good fan pleader, but this seems a bit like wishful thinking, and IMO Vyse seems to represent the IP fine on his own, having the "OMG Sky Pirate!1!" appeal going on for him.

Agreed.

I don't see Ryo being too much of a good thing, but I can see him dropped in favor of better fanservice. A transforming forklift might be enough to keep him in based on how weird it sounds though.

...I have a shaky feeling the third guest is really a SEGA character counted as a guest for some technical purpose. If he/she was gonna be a big draw like Danica and Ralph, we would of heard of it by now, and the reason Banjo was axed was cause they wanted to get more SEGA characters in. Segata has a good reason to be counted as one(never really had his own game, more of a RL figure), and I'm pretty sure he's in the game if they're not showing the concept art.

They're not showing it because SEGA makes all the decisions in regards to concept art. SEGA haven't really been getting the hype going around with this game.

They should have shown Starlight Carnival alongside Seaside Hill to get the Sonic sections out of the way and to please the casual audience that Sonic's in the game and so is a Colours rep!

Edited by Ruhm

I don't see many newcomers left. We're still missing Ryo, Ulala and Alex. I want a VF rep to be in the game, and I know there's still at least two secondary characters left since S0L said there's more.

Things are looking less and less hopeful for Ristar, TJ&E and someone from Streets of Rage...

Tj and E have been deconfirmed.