Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

He said not to get your hopes up for her being Wii U EXCLUSIVE.

I don't see where he said that. I think you're just putting words in his mouth to sate your desires.

mmm, Josh, I'm not saying that's certain, but it can be that SOL could have simply deconfirmed her beeing exclusive to WiiU. I don't know anyway, we'll see if someone will clarify

I don't see where he said that. I think you're just putting words in his mouth to sate your desires.

It honestly could go either way. I'm not putting words in anybody's mouth, good sir.

Basically my view is this:

S0L would've known about the sequel if he was going to put Bayonetta in the game, having said that the process is very long and extensive. He works with whoever owns the IP, so PG would've told him "We're doing this in the sequel, so we want to do her this way" thing, or something like that. Because he wasn't told about 2 either he is only using stuff from the first game or she isn't in.

Basically my view is this:

S0L would've known about the sequel if he was going to put Bayonetta in the game, having said that the process is very long and extensive. He works with whoever owns the IP, so PG would've told him "We're doing this in the sequel, so we want to do her this way" thing, or something like that. Because he wasn't told about 2 either he is only using stuff from the first game or she isn't in.

Actually he might not have.

Whilst Sega owns that character, the game is a nintendo project, why Sumo would be told about it anyway I don't know. Not to mention, when I was at Sumo at least, some people were not allowed in certain parts of the building due to other games being made, confidentiality and all, so S0L might have been able to use Bayonetta, but wasn't aware of said game.

It's the same story as last year when Ryo Hazuki was announced, people said 'this means shenmue 3!' and the reply was 'if it is, we know nothing about that.'

or he could be leading us on, like he did with Seaside Hill.

What?

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want another female in this game. Out of the 20 characters confirmed, 3 of them are female, and one of them is Danica fucking Patrick. :\

Don't forget that of the three we know of, we've only seen one of them in-game.

Edited by Chooch

he could be leading us on about characters that are deconfirmed but are in actual fact in the game somewhat, like he said the boxart had Seaside Hill, and denied anything to do with it, and then later it was confirmed as the starting stage.

it's not fucking rocket science.

Edited by Super Soniko

Unless it's Fang. Fang is the exception.

I know what I said. I'd much rather see some other characters from different franchises appear than more from the Sonic games.

Unless it's Fang. Fang is the exception.

I don't put Fang above any other Sonic character. I have absolutely no reason to at all whatsoever.

It's bad enough Metal Sonic is being recycled as DLC. We don't need another dull, over hyped remnant from the Sonic series' past in this game.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's funny considering Metal Sonic had been in SA1,2, Heroes, both Rivals, EPII, Generations, and now this.

The last thing he is, is a 'past' character. Thats just silly.

• Thumbs Up 1

What?

After SEGA released the boxart with Seaside Hill on it, S0L was quick to say that it didn't confirm that Seaside Hill was actually in the game. Of course, it did actually confirm this and was no different from a more formal reveal until S0L tried to get us off the scent. I can't make up my mind about whether that was a dick move or not, considering the rules about what can and can't be revealed.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's funny considering Metal Sonic had been in SA1,2, Heroes, both Rivals, EPII, Generations, and now this.

Only two of those roles can even remotely considered major and the most prominent of those two he turned into a giant metal dinosaur before being destroyed by the power of team work. That game was also horribly unpleasant from beginning to end anyway, so his role in it just made me think even less of him than I already did.

I guess it's three if you count Episode II, but that game was entirely half-assed nonsense and so was his inclusion in the story.

Edited by Chooch

I hope it is Billy Hatcher then...swapped with someone more interesting tongue.png

In his place we're getting Green from the Gunstar Heroes games who has his transforming robo Seven Force as his vehicle.

*sniff* Just let me have this

sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Only two of those roles can even remotely considered major and the most prominent of those two he turned into a giant metal dinosaur before being destroyed by the power of team work. That game was also horribly unpleasant from beginning to end anyway, so his role in it just made me think even less of him than I already did.

I guess it's three if you count Episode II, but that game was entirely half-assed nonsense and so was his inclusion in the story.

And it's still more role and screen time than most "current" Sonic characters like Rouge or the Chaotix.

Saying he's a remnant just makes no logical sense just because he happened to originate from the classics.

Just in case anyone is interested, aside from confirming that the tracks are all finished, SumoRex posted a few other interesting tidbits:

The number of characters has not changed since the early talks. Well it has gotten bigger, due to Danica and WiR. One character which *was* agreed on was dropped as we couldn't get it through approval. It was replaced in game by a substitute (which was going to be used for DLC) IIRC.

Most difficult track is hard to say. Panzer soaked up so many man-hours as it was one of the first things we showed to SEGA so it had to be built and re-built 4 or 5 times... But the one which got totally scrapped and restarted the most was SSH.

There is pretty much more of everything this time round. Although a few harsh decisions are still being made to bring the game in on time....

http://tinyurl.com/99ssmyo

Edited by Pawn

After SEGA released the boxart with Seaside Hill on it, S0L was quick to say that it didn't confirm that Seaside Hill was actually in the game. Of course, it did actually confirm this and was no different from a more formal reveal until S0L tried to get us off the scent. I can't make up my mind about whether that was a dick move or not, considering the rules about what can and can't be revealed.

You lot wouldn't happen to be talking about this one would Only... I'm trying to find the deception there and I don't actually see it.

I don't think an obscure character would be DLC. It'd need to be something that would actually make some significant moolah.

Obscure or not a character should only be DLC if it is added late in the game or past release.