Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Wasn't that particular mask merely a symbol of loyalty to Wizeman, since NiGHTS refused to wear a similar one. It would have been cool if it had granted him some kind of special transformation though.

Was it really? Because in the game it's just used as a method for shapeshifting, I mean NiGHT's carries the thing with him throughout the entire game.

Edited by Balding Spider

S0L did say there should be new voices in eventually. Guess they're still working with stock at the moment.

Are you sure? I asked about it before and thoguht he said otherwise. That they would be picking voices clips from past games where possible due to the difficulties is getting such a huge cast of VAs to record new lines.

It think it's some voices are new, some are reused. Besides, don't a good number of racers like Opa-Opa speak through 80's beeps and stuff like that?

...Now that I think about it, I would love it if Amigo went back to using music to talk like in SST.

Edited by FourCartridge

Was it really? Because in the game it's just used as a method for shapeshifting, I mean NiGHT's carries the thing with him throughout the entire game.

There are different Personas for different transformations, the one that NiGHTS refuses to wear is the same as the one that Reala wears constantly, albeit a different design.

All in all, though, NiGHTS doesn't need any masks to transform in the first one, and the fact that he can transform with those masks is pretty arbitrary in JoD, since he turns into a rollercoaster car and boat without any help. Why they insist Reala keep that awful mask on and cover his cool face is beyond me.

If you're going to have duos in the game at least have pairs that make sense. There is no reason for any Sonic character to be part of a duo in this game. You can't just shove two characters together because they're both girls or because you have a shipping fantasy of them being together (like an earlier suggestion of Shadow + Rouge in the same car). That's just stupid.

What about Cubot and Orbot in a Car... that could be quite interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

What about Cubot and Orbot in a Car... that could be quite interesting.

I take back what I said earlier about not wanting anymore Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 5

i'm honestly surprised Eggman doesn't have Cubot and Orbot in his vehicle cheering and taunting, or lamenting when they are passed by other racers or hit by items, it would a lot to his humour

i'm honestly surprised Eggman doesn't have Cubot and Orbot in his vehicle cheering and taunting, or lamenting when they are passed by other racers or hit by items, it would a lot to his humour

You mean snarking XD; I can see right now an argument over the three as he tells em to sabotage another racer's car.

Cubot and Orbot are relatively new characters that don't even appear that often. They're hardly a part of Eggman's legacy. Did they even show up in Sonic Generations? I don't recall.

Cubot and Orbot are relatively new characters that don't even appear that often. They're hardly a part of Eggman's legacy. Did they even show up in Sonic Generations? I don't recall.

briefly when Eggman is explaining his plan for the Time Eater

briefly when Eggman is explaining his plan for the Time Eater

and if I recall correctly that was a just a flashback -- so take that as it is.

Yeah, see? They're not important.

Well, that may be true. But, importance or not, I, personally, would prefer them over an almost tasteless character like Blaze or Silver. (Don't kill me; thanks tongue.png)

edit: Ermagersh guys, what is Elise was on the roster... I think I'd die laughing

Edited by Unidus

Ermagersh guys, what is Elise was on the roster... I think I'd die laughing

Yeah. That won't be necessary.

Besides. I would like to see more SEGA characters than just Sonic characters. After all, this is a 'All Stars' game.

I was hoping to see Shadow in the CG intro...((( I just hope it's not the full version and we'll see more later. The trailer itself is not bad but I was expecting more. It's definitely lacks that feeling that the intro from the first game had. Maybe that's because there are less characters.

The voice clips in this intro suck big time.

Hey S0L, can you say if it's the final version of the intro or we'll see some more later?

Edited by ArtFenix

I think the trailer is lacking characters...maybe it will be like the first game with Ryo: in the first trailer we could only see AiAi, Eggman and Amigo, then Ryo popped up in the CG after his reveal...

Hoping the intro will be much more longer, with also one more stage to be included

I think the trailer is lacking characters...maybe it will be like the first game with Ryo: in the first trailer we could only see AiAi, Eggman and Amigo, then Ryo popped up in the CG after his reveal...

Hoping the intro will be much more longer, with also one more stage to be included

It's not just Ryo, there were other characters and in this one we got to see Shadow and that Shinobi and Gilius and AiAi, but they showed for short moments. And then there are some unannounced characters left.

Well, that may be true. But, importance or not, I, personally, would prefer them over an almost tasteless character like Blaze or Silver.

Silver sucks but Blaze is cool. Please don't compare her to Orbot and Cubot.

Silver sucks but Blaze is cool. Please don't compare her to Orbot and Cubot.

Silver doesn't suck either and Cubot and Orbot.. I don't like them at all.

They did appear as pretty big characters in the Mario and Sonic 2012 games story for the 3ds. and they were in the wii version. And they made a brief appearance in generations.

I...I actually approve of this. Looking forward to seeing the trailer, hope Ralph has an awesome vehicle.

Edited by Toothpaste