Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I don't know if this was already answered, but, there will be unlockable alternative costumes for some chars (or at least this was thought)? Something like the Jet Set Radio Future version of Beat, Axel to replace BD Joe on the taxi or even the classic version of Sonic? Change only the char's look, not the vehicles.

If you want my opinion, alternate costumes for characters in a racing game are kinda dumb. Yeah, in a fighting game they make sense, because for the most part the focus is on a combatants, but in a racing game your attention has to be on when to turn on the road, dodging items, weapons, track hazards, and who knows what else.

If you want my opinion, alternate costumes for characters in a racing game are kinda dumb. Yeah, in a fighting game they make sense, because for the most part the focus is on a combatants, but in a racing game your attention has to be on when to turn on the road, dodging items, weapons, track hazards, and who knows what else.

All this, but yet is a nice feature that expand the game a little, it will also attend to more tastes. And I do believe this isn't a hard thing to add, unlike creating new vehicles, and I'm sure lots of people will be happy with it.

Edited by Jango

Sorry for the spammy post but... *squee* biggrin.png

I can't find this quote anywhere, but ToeJam & Earl were mentioned on the previous page.

Hmm...

Now that I think about it, Sonic in a car is old and busted. New hotness: How can NiGHTS boat over lava? Or Beat drive with skates on? XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I was gonna make a drawing about that but you know whatever. All it would be is just NiGHTS as a boat in lava going "OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW"

• Thumbs Up 4

All this, but yet is a nice feature that expand the game a little, it will also attend to more tastes. And I do believe this isn't a hard thing to add, unlike creating new vehicles, and I'm sure lots of people will be happy with it.

It's not hard to make assets like this, but fitting everything in memory is already proving impossible... All machines have memory constraints and we're always stuffing so much in that we're always right on the cusp of it breaking completely!

Edited by SumoRex

I'm not surprised to see NiGHTS on a boat over a river of lava :/

The boat must be specially designed for floating on top of lava pools.

Anyway, this looks cool. Better than the first game IMO.

Edited by deepbluespeed99

After getting back in the PSO series with Phantasy Star Online 2, I'd love to see it get some representation. Considering that it's not out in the West until 2013 makes it rather unlikely though. Perhaps a racer or track from the first PSO would work then, or something from the original Phantasy Star series.

• Thumbs Up 2

So no new reveals with the new trailer, but like the last game I'll bet that this isn't the final CG intro. I recall the old ASR trailers had the CG intro lacking certain characters. Like Ryo was later added into the CG footage. The video DOES seem a bit sparse, like some other big name stars will show up in upcoming footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

The aformentioned trailer and release date of 16th November

The voice clips really, really do not fit.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

S0L did say there should be new voices in eventually. Guess they're still working with stock at the moment.

Edited by JezMM

Oh, and NiGHTS transforming into the vehicle? Totally called it. Anybody could have. I feel it's the only way something like this should be done!

Agreed. I would have actually thought it was odd if they were driving a car instead, but each to their own.

should be Ethan Waber from PSU riding his dumb space skateboard so they can piss off absolutely everyone tongue.png

Lol! I'd be disappointed if it they went with a PSU character but that would be because I never played the game.

Edited by Lungo

Oh, and NiGHTS transforming into the vehicle? Totally called it.

What bothers me is the fact that Reala does, as well, as he's never been shown in the series to use the same "contortion" abilities that NiGHTS does. I'm sure he CAN, as he's equal to NiGHTS in every way, but the fact is that he hasn't. Besides, it's WAY out of Reala's character to let anyone ride in/on him.

But, whatever. I'm just glad we're getting both of them.

Do you think there will be anymore Sonic characters.

Of course there will be. As DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great trailer, but there does seem to be a lack of characters in that trailer. Obviously more will be added when they're revealed. I'm also glad to hear there won't be stock voice clips. That always annoyed me about the first All Stars. B<

What bothers me is the fact that Reala does, as well, as he's never been shown in the series to use the same "contortion" abilities that NiGHTS does. I'm sure he CAN, as he's equal to NiGHTS in every way, but the fact is that he hasn't. Besides, it's WAY out of Reala's character to let anyone ride in/on him.

If Wizeman's ordered him to do so, he'll take it like a bitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure he CAN, as he's equal to NiGHTS in every way, but the fact is that he hasn't.

Which has never made sense to me in JOD. That mask he wears enables transformations (which again makes no sense in since Reala should be able to by default) but he/it never ever uses it.

Which has never made sense to me in JOD. That mask he wears enables transformations (which again makes no sense in since Reala should be able to by default) but he/it never ever uses it.

Wasn't that particular mask merely a symbol of loyalty to Wizeman, since NiGHTS refused to wear a similar one. It would have been cool if it had granted him some kind of special transformation though.