Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

When Iizuka came out and said that Fang and others were only cameo-ing for the 20th anniversary, I would have thought that was a big tip-off that the render was fake. :/

1- It doesn't look real.

2- It's a mock-up from before ASR1 was released, except someone's stuck the ASRT logo on there now.

1- It doesn't look real.

2- It's a mock-up from before ASR1 was released, except someone's stuck the ASRT logo on there now.

Your hilarious avatar made me imagine if Sumo Digital threw in the Werehog to make people rage xD

Edited by Justin Bieber

I can imangine one of the most requested characters (Ristar and NiGHTS) will apparently get vechiles with a bit of inspiration from their games.

Ristar: a simple Quad Bike that would have a few element from his game mixed of a based off of Himself (kind of similar to Sonic's vechile), for instance the handles would be based from the "Star Handle", and a few of the vechile design would be from Planet Flora.

His All-Star Move would be doing the move, Meteor Strike (an ability where spins on the Starhandle to gain up special boost from it, causing him to goes fast making you invicible for a a few seconds after it slows you down) Hopefully the voice would be something kid-like, or the voices from the game which were voiced by Eriko Hanada, and the vechile transformation would go from a Quad, to a Jet Ski, and to a mini UFO (one of the transformation will take a different style).

NiGHTS: Probably a classy purple car mixing a bit of Fantasy Dream style for it, the Transformations would go from a Car, to a Boat, and to a Plane (keeping the same style as usual). The All-Star Move would have to be NiGHTS flying thru the track, spinning around to dash the opponets through, and NiGHTS would speed up at the right time you press it (Don't spam it alot, or it would slow a bit on your speed).

Edited by Sparkster24

Aaagghhh no, no more quadbikes... please...

The fact that Beat rides one is a disappointment considering he had a sweet low-rider in the last game. Ristar should drive something better.

A while ago I saw an image of a car that Nights would drive, it looked vaguely like a long, low batmobile with an open cockpit, and pointy curved fins at the back that made it resemble a Jester's hat. I thought that car looked PERFECT for Nights.

You know, NiGHTS could always just be his own car. Just look at the raft & coaster missions in Journey of Dreams for the land aand sea modes. Then you could just use his rocket form for air segments.

Yeah, the same could be said for Vectorman. But personally I don't want any characters acting as their own vehicles. I'd much rather have them all driving.

I'm just delighted by the prospect of them each having tailor-made vehicles suited to their personalities. It's sort of a stylistic thing.

So, NiGHTS announced as track and racer? Sweet.

#summerofsonic All Stars Transformed News - nights track and playable nights and reala racers driven by pian.

— Last Minute Continue (@lastmincontinue)

July 7, 2012
  • Thumbs Up 9

Not just Nights but Reala as well.

I knew Nights was a given, but Reala that is cool.biggrin.png

NiGHTS is driven (totally called it) by a nightopian

Reala is drivien by a nightmaren (the guy that rides around on Goodles)

Scratch that, it only takes place in Spring Valley, with a few segments going through a nightmarish realm

Sumo I love you so much <3

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awesome! Tis about time NiGHTS appears in a racing game again! He's controlled by a Nightopian too? Lolz!

AND Reala?! *dances*

Reala, too? Eh, don't like that. I'd rather have had more characters from different franchises. Seems like a waste of a slot to me.

Reala, too? Eh, don't like that. I'd rather have had more characters from different franchises. Seems like a waste of a slot to me.

I'm happy to see Reala. With the first ASR it was one racer per series, and one track per selected series. No need to go and oversaturate it, but NiGHTS and Reala is a nice idea.

But uh... I really don't like the idea of them being the vehicles. Will have to see it first though.

Anybody capture any photos or anything? :)

Also, how much does the vehicle look like NiGHTS and Reala? Are they like living characters or just paint schemes?

Anybody capture any photos or anything? smile.png

Also, how much does the vehicle look like NiGHTS and Reala? Are they like living characters or just paint schemes?

Well, they blink.

They look more like NiGHTS' transformations

I can't say for Reala, I only saw a few seconds of his boat form.

Edited by Cola

I'm happy to see Reala. With the first ASR it was one racer per series, and one track per selected series. No need to go and oversaturate it, but NiGHTS and Reala is a nice idea.

But uh... I really don't like the idea of them being the vehicles. Will have to see it first though.

I dunno.. I have nothing against Reala, but when a character I actually wanted doesn't get in, I'll just be annoyed that evil NiGHTS got in and they didn't. I have no problem with multiple characters from single franchises getting in, but I'd like them to differ more from each other.

And yeah, don't like that they're the cars either. I'd much rather they be driving cars.

The aesthetics look great. Not too surprised that they knocked it out of the park, but happy they did. :P

I actually kind of like the idea of them serving more as vehicles than just being them self. Maybe it's just because I love seeing that little Pian being in the game though.

Now that I've seen the characters... I'm disappointed. Nights/Reala look like someone took an ordinary Boat/plane and painted a Nights face on it. I know, that's probably the joke, but it looks sooo lifeless! I mean, look at Opa Opa in the original ASR: He was the car, yes, but you could see he was alive, you could see emotions etc... and Nights is just a painted vehicle with no life what so ever. Maybe they'll change that, maybe it's like this cause it's a beta or something but... it still bothers me.

• Thumbs Up 4

Updated the first page to include NiGHTS and Reala, we now have 15 racers confirmed.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

And with this they the game just jumped to day fucking one for me. They've brought in both Nights & Reala, Nightopia & NIghtmare as stages, and I'm 100% positive I just saw Gillwing flying by in the Nightmare section.

And with this they the game just jumped to day fucking one for me. They've brought in both Nights & Reala, Nightopia & NIghtmare as stages, and I'm 100% positive I just saw Gillwing flying by in the Nightmare section.

Yep, that little segment took place in Gillwing's nightmare realm

I'm also liking the strong emphasis on aerial travel in the level, it stays very true to the original game. Can't wait to see how this stage will transform in later laps

Now that I've seen the characters... I'm disappointed. Nights/Reala look like someone took an ordinary Boat/plane and painted a Nights face on it. I know, that's probably the joke, but it looks sooo lifeless! I mean, look at Opa Opa in the original ASR: He was the car, yes, but you could see he was alive, you could see emotions etc... and Nights is just a painted vehicle with no life what so ever. Maybe they'll change that, maybe it's like this cause it's a beta or something but... it still bothers me.

This pretty much. I want to play as NiGHTS, not a nightopian driving a vehicle that's painted to look like NiGHTS. It just doesn't look right. I'll admit I've never played a NiGHTS game before, but that's why I don't really care about the nightopian. I'm okay with Reala in the roster but hopefully not too many series get more than 1 rep, I'd rather have more characters from different games.