Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

So, we get Danica Patrick, but not Ristar and Vectorman...

Yet.

Any guess for Ralph's all-stars move?

I bet he will...

*puts on sunglasses*

Wreck the things up.

AWWW YEAAHHHH

• Thumbs Up 1

So, we get Danica Patrick, but not Ristar and Vectorman...

You're aware the whole roster hasn't been revealed right?

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't annouced. After all, Sega usually has no idea what they're doing.

But Danica Patrick? WHY?! That has to be the most out of place matchup since...Disney and Squre Enix.

Edited by Plasmette

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't annouced. After all, Sega usually has no idea what they're doing.

But Danica Patrick? WHY?! That has to be the most out of place matchup since...Disney and Squre Enix.

Danica will not steal your favorite Genesis characthers slots, SEGA is just promoting her because she races a "Sonic car" on Nascar. It's just marketing acting like marketing. Danica will attract an older public, while Ralph will attract an younger public. SEGA isn't missing anything, they know what they're doing $$$.

There are still 15 chars to be revealed, don't worry so soon.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 3

Define "usually" please.

Sega's been doing great for several years now.

Danica's a racing superstar and has been in other racing games before. It's not that out of place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess we know why it's not called Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing anymore.

Next up? Wario in his convertable. Day one buy.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't hate Danica. In fact, I wouldn't really mind playing as her. But I would rather have slot filled by an actual Sega character, not something that has little to do with Sega in the first place.

My question is if she's gonna do her own voice clips...

My wishlist for the Roster is Vectorman, Ristar, Ulala from Space Channel Five, and Raphael from the most recent Sega game, Rhythm Theif.

My question is if she's gonna do her own voice clips...

She is. She mentioned in an interview about how SUMO had her voicing a lot of grunts.

As for me. I accept Danica as part of the roster. The reveal of Ralph may be neat for everyone else, but I have second thoughts. If these are the only two guests in, I'm fine with it, but I kinda feel like Kirby in that Smash Kingdom short about the guest fighters.

Edited by FourCartridge

Her All-Star move should be money-powered rockets that come out of her vehicle, propelling her forward. :V

it was already confirmed several pages and idiots complaining about the same thing ago, she's not taking a part of the original Character roster, she's an extra inclusion at SEGA's request, not part of Sumo's original roster probably much like Ralph, and this secret third racer that has yet to be revealed.

She already said something about it having to do with fireballs that disable vehicles momentarily. Sounds an awful lot like the Fire Flower in Mario Kart 7.

Wreck it Ralph is in this eh? I see what you did thar SEGA. =P

I think it's a great new character, and since the game is coming out in November (same month as the movie), it's great marketing!

btw, said this before but Danica doesn't really annoy me. If she's not part of the original roster that's perfectly fine. I'm not interested in her anyway, I hate NASCAR. Give me F1 any day!

Edited by Gabz Girl

Danica's always been a Sega character. Sega created her in real life so she would grow up to become a NASCAR driver just so she would promote this game.

IchC3.jpg

This is her DESTINY.

Is it funny that when I see the above picture (mock up) that I think of the 'Sonic for Hire' series which is shown on you tube. In other words Danica isn't very successful at her racing career (all washed and out of work) so she will do anything to make a bit of money, including appearing in a Sonic racing game.

I think Wreck it Ralph's apperance was a better PR move.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Is it funny that when I see the above picture (mock up) that I think of the 'Sonic for Hire' series which is shown on you tube. In other words Danica isn't very successful at her racing career (all washed and out of work) so she will do anything to make a bit of money, including appearing in a Sonic racing game.

I think Wreck it Ralph's apperance was a better PR move.

excuse me, fucking what? Danica is not washed up? do you even know how NASCAR works? its not all about getting first place, she's had a good run in her season.

you sir are a rude man.

• Thumbs Up 2

excuse me, fucking what? Danica is not washed up? do you even know how NASCAR works? its not all about getting first place, she's had a good run in her season.

you sir are a rude man.

Wikipedia:

'Danica Sue Patrick is the most successful woman in the history of American open-wheel racing, being the only woman to win in the IndyCar Series as well as holding the highest finish by a woman at the Indianapolis 500 of 3rd place. She competed in the series from 2005 to 2011. As of 2012[update] she competes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and occasionally in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Starting in kart racing, she later raced Formula Ford in England before moving back to the US and moving up to IndyCars. Patrick was named the Rookie of the Year for both the 2005 Indianapolis 500 and the 2005 IndyCar Series season. With her win in the 2008 Indy Japan 300, Patrick became the first woman to win an Indy car race. She placed 3rd in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was both a personal best for her at the track, and the highest finish by a woman in the event's history. Patrick holds the IRL record for most consecutive races running at the finish. As of October 2, 2011, she has completed 50 consecutive races in the running (the next highest total in the record book is 32).[1] During her time in IndyCar, Patrick drove for Rahal Letterman Racing from 2005–2006, and Andretti Autosport from 2007-2011.

In 2010, Patrick began racing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, driving the #7 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet Impala for JR Motorsports part-time. She also has an equity stake in her #7 team.[2] She had her best career finish of 4th in series on March 5, 2011 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway—the best finish by a woman in a NASCAR top-circuit.'

Holy shit. I had never looked at her career. I didn't realise how successful she is. Even so, my previous post was a bit tasteless. No offence intended, sorry.

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 2

This isn't the first time she's appeared in a racing game, either. She had an extensive speaking role in Blur as a commentator and tutorial guide.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I don't hate Danica. In fact, I wouldn't really mind playing as her. But I would rather have slot filled by an actual Sega character, not something that has little to do with Sega in the first place.

Bare in mind I'm sure S0L said for guest characters they are given the extra budget specifically for that character. If Dianca and/or Ralph weren't in it we wouldn't have someone else in their places because they would have never been given that extra bit of budget.

GamesRadar also killed hopes for Bug (people wanted him??) and Space Harrier (would make for an awesome track...).

But they did note that the devs hinted at a Space Channel 5 track, meaning Ulala might return (I'm certain she will, given how females need some show and Ulala is one of the most popular SEGA women).

http://www.gamesrada...rming-vehicles/

So Bug won't be in it? If that's true, then Vectorman will fill in.

So Bug won't be in it? If that's true, then Vectorman will fill in.

And you know this?