Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

@#!@, now you made me wish we had Indrick Boreale. D:

SUMO, U HAVE FEHLED THE EMPRA!!!! D8<

God dammit. His All-Star could've been STEEL REHN and everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least we can play the PC version for free a few days right :) ....

This news is just odd to me; Football Manager, Team Fortress and Shogun were justifiable due to the PC version coming out later on (I believe 2-3 months after the console versions) so I wasn't upset with those characters, just a reason to get the PC version latter on.  With this General Winter Character, that logic is all gone.  Yes, he's in a PC exclusive franchise but it's still bitter when HE is the DLC character and none of the poll characters are (Maku and Ryo were shoe ins at this point :().

Message from S0L.

New character + Free Weekend + 75% game discount...

...so you have no excuses not to play the game and spread the word. Enjoy smile.png

Love SEGA + SUMO

(and we might have made a few tweaks too...)

---

S0L

---

So the game has also had a balance/bug/tinker update too.

Anyone noticed anything? What about you? General Winter?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578993823837128256/361E0B739760BA6C43044D9E00FB5A07696D23BD/1024x640.resizedimage

You guys you guys, think this through, first off this was SEGA decisions not S0L's or SUMO's, second we got confirmation of a character 6MONTHS ago, they only bough relic 3 months ago, which means more DLC could be on its way! Also if there are enough sales this weekend they could decide to keep this title evergreen and continue releasing DLC on a normal basis

Also I have the game on both PC and my Wii-u, so this isnt helpping my wii-U gametime even though I do play better with a remote(only on the second GP on my Wii-U, whereas as I only have AGES and Reala left on my PC)

I thought Sega bought Relic on January. They did right?

...so you have no excuses not to play the game and spread the word. 

Unless you have a console. lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Russian character on the fourth of July, complete with PC exclusivity to boot? This is hilarious.

I wasn't planning on buying a console version anyway, so this is good for me. Hell, I'd say it's karma, considering consoles have gotten preferential treatment over PC from publishers for a long, long time.

Besides, it's just one racer that console players won't care about, for pete's sake.

Meanwhile at the Steam Community overall the players are happy with this addition.

Selling this game for just over $7 is a pretty amazing deal. I'm already seeing people who didn't have the game buy it. The free weekend's great, too. I get the impression SEGA's trying to breathe more life into this game. Hopefully adding General Winter now means there's more to come.

Edited by Solly

Unless you have a console. lol.

basically

I have plenty of excuses not to play it, the version I'm playing is exactly the same :c

A Russian character on the fourth of July, complete with PC exclusivity to boot? This is hilarious.

I wasn't planning on buying a console version anyway, so this is good for me. Hell, I'd say it's karma, considering consoles have gotten preferential treatment over PC from publishers for a long, long time.

Besides, it's just one racer that console players won't care about, for pete's sake.

....*looks left and right* I'm a console player....and I care about it.

All that hate that will be aimed towards him...sad.png

I've not been to the Sega forums to look yet. But out of all the places that are talking about this, the only people who I see being really negative and resentful about this news are a couple of people on here.

Which I'm a tad suprised at.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've not been to the Sega forums to look yet. But out of all the places that are talking about this, the only people who I see being really negative and resentful about this news are a couple of people on here.

Which I'm a tad suprised at.

And the reasons their being negative i'd say are justifiable to a extent. I'm disappointed but SUMO is not to blame I guess. btw The Sega Forums are flipping out.

That isn't the problem though; SOL said that a character from the poll votes a few months back got approved (Maku, Ryo, Vectorman, ect) and he hinted at DLC news today.  If he doesn't announce that DLC character today, then he flat out lied to us about our votes mattering.  If General Winter was a free-update for the PC version announced with the poll DLC character people wouldn't be upset. 

I do however like the fact the PC version is getting exclusive content; came out months after the console version and it has PC characters tied to Sega's history on the platform (Shogun for Total War, Football Manager for, well Football Manager, and now General Winter for the Company of Heroes series under the Sega name).

Shall I overreact and get upset with this? Nah.

Edited by sonfan1984

I dont mind I have PC and wii-u versions, its just I would like some classic and iconic characters as well as more reasons to play my wii-u version

Havent given up though, and still a lot of thanks S0L, cant wait to see whats next, and to actualy play as this guy! download still needs to finish though XD

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

That isn't the problem though; SOL said that a character from the poll votes a few months back got approved (Maku, Ryo, Vectorman, ect) and he hinted at DLC news today.  If he doesn't announce that DLC character today, then he flat out lied to us about our votes mattering.  If General Winter was a free-update for the PC version announced with the poll DLC character people wouldn't be upset. 

I do however like the fact the PC version is getting exclusive content; came out months after the console version and it has PC characters tied to Sega's history on the platform (Shogun for Total War, Football Manager for, well Football Manager, and now General Winter for the Company of Heroes series under the Sega name).

WHO THE HELL IS MAKU?!

@SoL Great to hear that you guys might not be done.:) I guess the main worry is that it will take a long time for that to happen, looking at this as evidence, or it will be another PC exclusive.

Edited by Schnitzel

S0L arrives!

Any chance of this coming to consoles? My PC isn't exactly good enough to run ASRT v-v;;

• Thumbs Up 1

WHO THE HELL IS MAKU?!

I meant Miku (that Japanese singer who Sega makes games for).  Sorry for the spelling error biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I meant Miku (that Japanese singer who Sega makes games for).  Sorry for the spelling error biggrin.png

I know, I was just pullin your leg.:P

• Thumbs Up 1

I love it. The PC version gets given away for free for a long weekend, we add an extra character and knock 75% off the price...

...and all we get is complaints tongue.png

I'd understand it if we'd phoned it in, but making a new character, vehicle and doing all the related commentary work and more is no small task. My team has worked hard to bring this one to life, even if you don't like it, we've done our usual job of making sure it fits into the game. Plus we had loads of great support from Relic who are now very much part of the SEGA family.

We've also not forgot the DLC poll BTW. Before you're too critical of everything, bear in mind, no-ones said we were done with this game yet.

Now let's say you decided to make some noise to the people who pick what characters we do about how you'd like to see one of the characters you all voted for put in, well I couldn't stop you could I?

---

S0L

---

But to be fair S0L, the console owners don't get anything while this promotion is only for PC owners. 

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

I love it. The PC version gets given away for free for a long weekend, we add an extra character and knock 75% off the price...

...and all we get is complaints tongue.png

I'd understand it if we'd phoned it in, but making a new character, vehicle and doing all the related commentary work and more is no small task. My team has worked hard to bring this one to life, even if you don't like it, we've not done our usual job of making sure it fits into the game. Plus we had loads of great support from Relic who are now very much part of the SEGA family.

We've also not forgot the DLC poll BTW. Before you're too critical of everything, bear in mind, no-ones said we were done with this game yet.

Now let's say you decided to make some noise to the people who pick what characters we do about how you'd like to see one of the characters you all voted for put in, well I couldn't stop you could I?

---

S0L

---

Welp, get your wooden spoons and frying pans, everybody. Let's raise some hell!

C....can we have that discount for consoles too....?

I'd really like to be able to play this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've not been to the Sega forums to look yet.

Hey, neither have I. Maybe I should go check it out right now.

hs1cuw.jpg

Oh. Right. I've banned myself from that place to spare myself the mental anguish.