Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I don't recall any console users ever laughing at PC users getting the short end of the stick, if anything I always thought it sucked for them. :/

Well, I'm laughing less at the karma and more at the irony. I'm mainly just saying that it's neat that PC gamers at least get something for themselves for once.

So does he just come with the game or something? I didn't see any option to buy him.
I don't own the PC version but I believe it's gonna be like how Alex Kidd was implemented into the game

Miku vs. Ryo then. 

Vs any of the top 7, and a possible sonic character as well. Vectorman, Ristar, Toejam and earl, Segata, Bayonetta all have a chance as well(I am still hoping for vectorman(and Nack :P)

Well, I'm laughing less at the karma and more at the irony. I'm mainly just saying that it's neat that PC gamers at least get 4 things for themselves.

Fix'd that for ya, and we're talking about THIS game in particular, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Oh, so we are getting more? (though I won't expect this to be free this time and I have a feeling it will be Ryo)

Color me excited, I wasn't expecting any of this for today and it's nice to have this kind of little surprises. :D

While the historian in me giggles with glee at the reference, and I'm happy to have actually called this from a mile away...

This blows. Massively. I don't think anybody wanted Company of Heroes. No wonder Steve readied his flame shield; he made it sound like we'd have some aspect of democracy in choosing who the new character was.

Ah well. sad.png Always next time...

Hopefully the discounted game will encourage an influx of players and possibly create more DLC.

Hm, so. Here are my thoughts. 

First off, I think it's cool that we got a character in an update for free. I was worried that he would be a paid DLC.

As for the character himself...

I can't say I've played the game he's from, so it's not a "whoa shit I really wanted this" feeling. The military vehicle aspect is pretty cool, but I don't have much to say about a super-Russian-patriot guy that can't be summed up by the words super-Russian-patriot guy. 

His turns are very wide. Combine that with his low acceleration and it doesn't work especially well. Other stats aren't too bad, but I'll probably stick to ol' Eggman.

Ah, free DLC, that explains it.

My protests are dimmed then. They'll save anyone popular for paid DLC, obviously. wink.png

There's hope for Nack or Bayonetta or the like yet!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I don't know how Alex Kidd was put in.
He came with an update of the game just like this general winter fellow was put into the game

Have a badly cropped transparent General Winter for image manipulation adventures
r3iq.png

Edited by Pen Kenders
  • Thumbs Up 4

Vs any of the top 7, and a possible sonic character as well. Vectorman, Ristar, Toejam and earl, Segata, Bayonetta all have a chance as well(I am still hoping for vectorman(and Nack tongue.png)

Really? That'd be cool. I'd be happy with any of them besides Vectorman, really..

Really? That'd be cool. I'd be happy with any of them besides Vectorman, really..

The character that makes the most sense and has the most potential, you wouldn't be fine with?:P

The character that makes the most sense and has the most potential, you wouldn't be fine with?tongue.png

The most sense? Really?

The most sense? Really?

He's a sega character that transforms....so, uh, yeah.

I love it. The PC version gets given away for free for a long weekend, we add an extra character and knock 75% off the price...   ...and all we get is complaints :P   I'd understand it if we'd phoned it in, but making a new character, vehicle and doing all the related commentary work and more is no small task. My team has worked hard to bring this one to life, even if you don't like it, we've done our usual job of making sure it fits into the game. Plus we had loads of great support from Relic who are now very much part of the SEGA family.   We've also not forgot the DLC poll BTW. Before you're too critical of everything, bear in mind, no-ones said we were done with this game yet.   Now let's say you decided to make some noise to the people who pick what characters we do about how you'd like to see one of the characters you all voted for put in, well I couldn't stop you could I?   --- S0L ---
Personally, I'm not complaining. I, like a bunch of people, was just a bit surprised. I'd never even heard of this General Winter fellow before :P But yeah, thank you for this awesome game and I really appreciate the continued support for it. A lot of devs/publishers release games and then never touch them again; leaving bugs unfixed and letting cheaters run rampant (looking at you, Crytek). You're so connected with the community and fanbase and it's just really cool. Thanks for everything.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait what? They haven't forgotten the poll, and they aren't done with the game......but we should be making noise to Sega about the characters we voted for to try get them in the game....

Is it just me or do those two things contradict each other?

Wait what? They haven't forgotten the poll, and they aren't done with the game......but we should be making noise to Sega about the characters we voted for to try get them in the game....

Is it just me or do those two things contradict each other?

The way I see it is that: 1 of the characters we wanted is getting into the game at the moment definitely, BUT if we want more that just that one we need to raise all kinds of hell with Sega to get more than just that one approved.

READY THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

What concerns me the most I think is how long Sega wait to put DLC in games like this. Games that people would totally buy extra characters for, or games like Generations where extra levels would be snapped up. Launch DLC with Metal was great. But post launch there was nothing for over half a year if you don't count the stuff already on the disc like Alex etc.

After the outcry for DLC for the first game which also didn't happen in a major way, you would expect that they would have seen that and decided to give us a variety of DLC on this one. One of the few times people ask for DLC and want their wallets emptied and a game company is like, nah, we good *head hurts*

I LOVE YOU SUMO and SEGA! But why must you frustrate me so!!

You can make it up to me with an All-Stars fighter akin to Sonic Fighters. And put NACK in ASRT!! He already has an air bike, and its a perfect way for Sega to get him back into the games and get some recognition beyond the Triple Trouble/Fighters/Drift 2 re-releases!! Plus as a last minute addition to the poll with less than half the time of the other characters he almost made the cut still! That's gota account for something!!

Edited by Tenko

Well, i hope this DLC comes to Wii U.

But it won't, obviously.

Hey, at least you guys GET DLC.

Edited by Sarger001

HOLY SHIT!

General Winter comes from left field and joins the roster. I bet he's good buddies with Shogun.

But he's pretty awesome, though not as awesome as Team Fortress obviously but pretty cool stuff. I really like this new addition to the roster since it adds someone new. My hats is off to you S0L.