Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I get a feeling this is coporate meddling, and not SUMOs fault, if SEGA says to do this they have to do it, they do it.... seriously though, why another RTS rep that is kinda boring over any number of classic stinking IPS, I mean even a warhammer rep would have been more interesting than this even though its not a classic rep

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait they actually said that? What the fuck? 

Off the record, it may have even been a post on this forum iirc, but yeah something along those lines.

And I don't hold them against it but it's a bit disheartening to see "boring western character #439583" over a character from SEGA's most recent masterpiece now that I know Welkin probably could have been eligible if he were popular enough.

I hope it proves a popular move for them, nonetheless.

I'm really not sure how I should react to this.. I just don't really have any interest in it I guess. I don't really get the PC favouritism either, didn't the Wii U version sell best?

Compared to 360 and PS3, I'm pretty sure it did. The game sold 1.3 million copies. The Wii U version alone sold 300k. 3DS sold 200k. Almost 1/2 the copies of the game came from Nintendo platforms.

The game also released on PSVita, PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. The rest of the sales were split between those platforms.

I get a feeling this is coporate meddling, and not SUMOs fault, if SEGA says to do this they have to do it, they do it.... seriously though, why another RTS rep that is kinda boring over any number of classic stinking IPS, I mean even a warhammer rep would have been more interesting than this even though its not a classic rep

If we get a Warhammer rep, it should be Commissar Lord

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Relic's games just fine, but this is pretty lame if it's all there is. I can't see it being terribly appealing to CoH fans who weren't interested in this game already, either. Free stuff's always nice, and CoH2 is pretty amazing by most accounts and ~deserves~ this as much as anything else, I guess, but it's still sort of an odd and unexciting pick for six-months-after-the-fact DLC.

If we get a Warhammer rep, it should be Commissar Lord

I'll accept this as an option only because an Ork in a red trukk would clearly be too overpowered to include.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

here is a little more of what I was thinking about this whole thing

Umm, I would like to point out that this is SEGA's decissions not SUMO or S0l's if SEGA commissions them to do it they do it, and I guess that SEGA decided yet another promotion rep was more important than a classic character, however this does not mean all is lost, for all we know they may still have plans to do actual DLC for all platforms

Also I wonder if S0L is going to pop on here again, wonder what he has to say, he hasnt said anything since the announcement

This is kind of a bummer (especially since its after 8 months release and this is what we got) but I guess im happy we got something.

They gave the middle finger to console users

Company of Heroes, that famous console game which is exclusive to the PC.

And it's okay... we're gonna get Hatsue Miku next month.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is like one of those episodes of a cartoon where two or more characters are competing the entire episode over something and some random dude out of nowhere wins at the end of the episode.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah no. That's not the point. The point is that Console gamers seem to be ignored with this game. 4 exclusive PC characters and nothing for Consoles. I really hope Console gamers get something, cause if not, it will feel like a kick in the nuts.

And I should warn you guys already, it will be PS3/Vita exclusive.

Edited by Jango

Yeah no. That's not the point. The point is that Console gamers seem to be ignored with this game. 4 exclusive PC characters and nothing for Consoles. I really hope Console gamers get something, cause if not, it will feel like a kick in the nuts.

So if General Winter comes to the consoles. You will be happy?

So if General Winter comes to the consoles. You will be happy?

If Console gamers get anything, I would feel a little less disappointed. GW I still would be baffled by the choice, but at least Console gamers wouldn't be left out completely.

But it could be worse than that. Miku can end up being a PC exclusive over here, while the Japanese console versions of the game also get her. Not that this effects me, but this will be totally unfair.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

So, out of the hundreds of Sega characters and a dam poll of characters WE voted for, we get ANOTHER character exclusive to PC.....

Really Sega/SOL? You give us hints at DLC, have a poll of characters we want to appear in the game, and you say one of those said characters got approved for DLC, and we end up getting a Company of Heroes character (a THQ franchise mind you) instead. Thanks for this DLC SoL wacko.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Hatsune Miku in a Tank confirmed!(seriously, I would laugh if all the characters getting in used a tank)

Edited by Schnitzel

You guys you guys, think this through, first off this was SEGA decisions not S0L's or SUMO's, second we got confirmation of a character 6MONTHS ago, they only bough relic 3 months ago, which means more DLC could be on its way! Also if there are enough sales this weekend they could decide to keep this title evergreen and continue releasing DLC on a normal basis

Also I have the game on both PC and my Wii-u, so this isnt helpping my wii-U gametime even though I do play better with a remote(only on the second GP on my Wii-U, whereas as I only have AGES and Reala left on my PC)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

You guys you guys, think this through, first off this was SEGA decisions not S0L's or SUMO's, second we got confirmation of a character 4 MONTHS ago, they only bough relic 3 months ago, which means more DLC could be on its way! Also if there are enough sales this weekend they could decide to keep this title evergreen and continue releasing DLC on a normal basis

Also I have the game on both PC and my Wii-u, so this isnt helpping my wii-U gametime even though I do play better with a remote(only on the second GP on my Wii-U, whereas as I only have AGES and Reala left on my PC)

And Sol said Multiple announcements right? (It was either that or Multiple REASONS) So there might be more to come today I guess.*Prays*

Edited by Schnitzel

Where did he say "multiple announcements" anyway. I couldn't find that at all.

And the multiple announcements could be the Steam sale and free to play this weekend.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Well this certainly came out of nowhere, I've spend the last months playing Phantasy Star Online 2 and then I decide to take a break and do some racing on ASR.T, then I find my game is starting to download something... And then I see this...

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed, mostly because I wasn't really expecting anything, but yeah I can understand most of the backlash being posted around here.

Having said that...

@#!@, now you made me wish we had Indrick Boreale. D:

Commander_Indrick_boreale_by_warhammerdu

SUMO, U HAVE FEHLED THE EMPRAH!!!!

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

He didn't say multiple announcements. He said this.

So tomorrow will be interesting. For a number of reasons. Better pack my flame proof suit…

General Winter.

Free ASRT for the weekend.

75% off ASRT and tons of other stuff.

This is our announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

He didn't say multiple announcements. He said this.

So tomorrow will be interesting. For a number of reasons. Better pack my flame proof suit…

General Winter.

Free ASRT for the weekend.

75% off ASRT and tons of other stuff.

This is our announcement.

Yeah, I had edited my post a few moments before saying he might have said "Multiple reasons.:P