Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

IIRC, the main reason Billy wasn't in the game was because they had a hard time coming up with a set of vehicles for him. I do like Billy, but he was no great loss. If he's somehow won the slow as a DLC racer above everyone else then I'll be pretty disappointed.

Billy seems likely, but I'm hoping for Segata Sanshiro and some sort of Nintendo rep.

But, to be honest, I'll be content with any sort of DLC we receive.

I'd rather it be Vectorman than any of the other popular choices for the sake of variety. Any character I actually voted for would be well out of left field at this point. =p

Edited by Pawn

How much would one gander the DLC will cost? 10 USD or so? Money's no issue for me, but I'm curious.

Darn shame it took this long to make DLC... the DLC always gets out after the hype's abated. sad.png

How much would one gander the DLC will cost? 10 USD or so? Money's no issue for me, but I'm curious.

Darn shame it took this long to make DLC... the DLC always gets out after the hype's abated. sad.png

It takes a long time to make. Usually when character DLC is out quickly that's because development on it started well before game release.

I think it'll prolly be around that yeah. I hope it's popular, maybe it'll be followed up with a bit more advertising or online promotion to give the game a well-deserved second wind.

I was wondering about Mario, but somehow I don't think it'd be that likely.. Nintendo don't seem that eager to have him hanging around in other peoples' games anymore, I'm not sure if this is an exception but..

Either way if it is Mario, it's probably more than one dlc because like others said the PC version was getting upgraded. Also if it was Mario the flame-shield would make a lot of sense, he has a lot of haters in the SEGA community.

But yeah just a possibility. Billy also sounds possible, but he didn't come too high in the polls, so it wouldn't make the most sense..

At this point I'm thinking speculation isn't gonna help much but I'd like Mario, Miku or Ryo, but I'll be happy with any new character so long as it's coming to Wii U! Wii U always gets the short stick with dlc tongue.png

S0L prepared his flame shield because he thinks people are going to rage at him today when the DLC character is announced. The flame shield comment isn't a hint. Also as you said, the PC version got updated for the DLC so it can't be Mario unless he's also going to be in the PC version (which is virtually impossible).

Winter's Coming/Winter's soon comments though, because of that course "Chilly Castle" surely means it's now most likely Billy. Unless S0L means, the DLC is coming out this Winter which is way too far out.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

S0L prepared his flame shield because he thinks people are going to rage at him today when the DLC character is announced. The flame shield comment isn't a hint. Also as you said, the PC version got updated for the DLC so it can't be Mario unless he's also going to be in the PC version (which is virtually impossible).

Winter's Coming/Winter's soon comments though, because of that course "Chilly Castle" surely means it's now most likely Billy. Unless S0L means, the DLC is coming out this Winter which is way too far out.

I didn't say it was a hint, I figured he made the flame shield comment because people are gonna rage at him for what it is, and Mario is something people would rage at (a lot) (as is Miku)

and like I said, one of the announcements could be Mario, that doesn't mean he's going to be on PC too, that just means there may be other dlc as well as Mario. Still this is just speculation, I don't think it's Mario but the possibility is entertaining. Billy would be very weird considering he didn't come anywhere near to the top of the poll, even if I can see why they'd make him.

Edited by SuperLink

Well with the partnership and flame comment, Mario's pretty much a given... never mind Steve's comment a while ago.

I think it goes without saying Mario will be involved.

Though yes, I'm also of the hope this DLC is advertised well enough to breathe life back into the game. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll make more DLC?

Besides. If they keep upgrading Transformed for a while, it lets them focus on other All Stars ideas. Like I dunno, a fighting game?

I didn't say it was a hint, I figured he made the flame shield comment because people are gonna rage at him for what it is, and Mario is something people would rage at (a lot) (as is Miku)

and like I said, one of the announcements could be Mario, that doesn't mean he's going to be on PC too, that just means there may be other dlc as well as Mario. Still this is just speculation, I don't think it's Mario but the possibility is entertaining. Billy would be very weird considering he didn't come anywhere near to the top of the poll, even if I can see why they'd make him.

How can it be Mario though? There are no hints about him. And he is the LAST character I want in this game, I'll even take Vectorman or any other legacy Sega character over Mario. Because the last thing I want is a piece of DLC that is exclusive to one version.

But you know I really do think it's between Miku and Billy. Why?

Hatsune Miku

• Japan Expo is on tomorrow, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will be one of the playable games at the expo.
  • Project DIVA F coming this August
  • Sega planning to release this game to the Japanese

Billy Hatcher

• Winter's coming hints from S0L

Mario's not really out of the question, but Kirby riding the dragoon would be ten times better and more creative, as far as Nintendo themed DLC goes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well with the partnership and flame comment, Mario's pretty much a given... never mind Steve's comment a while ago.

I think it goes without saying Mario will be involved.

I wouldn't be that confident in it being to do with Mario, personally.

How can it be Mario though? There are no hints about him. And he is the LAST character I want in this game, I'll even take Vectorman or any other legacy Sega character over Mario. Because the last thing I want is a piece of DLC that is exclusive to one version.

There are enough hints to give him as much weight as any other character.

Mario

• http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sumo-digital-hints-a-possible-mario-sonic-karting-game/ pretty decent indication
  • SEGA's partnership with Nintendo
  • SEGA's inevitably best-selling game this year (Mario & Sonic 4) will be winter-themed, a whole game based on winter rather than one stage like Billy.
  • Flame shield raised, it'd annoy a lot of people, probably a lot of people here too, as you said he's the last character you'd want, S0L's flame shield would be appropriate, no?

I'm not saying Mario is a given but don't count him out, there are plenty of hints.

Also like I keep saying, S0L indicated there were announcementS, not just one announcement, Mario would be in the Wii U version if he was in at all, but there would certainly be something for everyone else too, maybe even an exclusive for each platform.

But yeah I don't think it's Mario mainly because I doubt Nintendo would let SEGA use him, I'm just saying there are hints to suggest the possibility.

Edited by SuperLink

It'd be kind of a weird choice to put Mario in SASRT this late in the game, and with a new Mario Kart definitely on the horizon. Not impossible, but... strange.

...and yeah, even if we were going to get a Nintendo-related character, I'd kind of rather it be someone who won't be in Mario Kart anyway. Kirby or Samus or Captain Falcon or somebody. Not that I'd complain if it was Mario; that'd still be pretty rad just on the basis of Mario being in a game like this.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 3

Umm I would like to point out that all 7 of the characters above 1000 were proposed: Miku Ryo, Segata, Vectorman, Toejam and earl, Bayonetta, and Ristar. So it could be any of them, all of them, or even someone else

I wouldn't be that confident in it being to do with Mario, personally.

There are enough hints to give him as much weight as any other character.

Mario

• http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sumo-digital-hints-a-possible-mario-sonic-karting-game/ pretty decent indication
  • SEGA's partnership with Nintendo
  • SEGA's inevitably best-selling game this year (Mario & Sonic 4) will be winter-themed, a whole game based on winter rather than one stage like Billy.
  • Flame shield raised, it'd annoy a lot of people, probably a lot of people here too, as you said he's the last character you'd want, S0L's flame shield would be appropriate, no?

I'm not saying Mario is a given but don't count him out, there are plenty of hints.

Also like I keep saying, S0L indicated there were announcementS, not just one announcement, Mario would be in the Wii U version if he was in at all, but there would certainly be something for everyone else too, maybe even an exclusive for each platform.

But yeah I don't think it's Mario mainly because I doubt Nintendo would let SEGA use him, I'm just saying there are hints to suggest the possibility.

That link isn't really a good indication...how can it point to Mario as he said bigger rivals, not rival.

And Sega's partnership with Nintendo is just Sega developing 3 new exclusive Sonic games, nothing more than that.

That link isn't really a good indication...how can it point to Mario as he said bigger rivals, not rival.

And Sega's partnership with Nintendo is just Sega developing 3 new exclusive Sonic games, nothing more than that.

I think you're nitpicking a bit, people don't say "there is a bigger fish to fry" when they're about to fight a final boss, they use the plural and say "I've got bigger fish to fry", the plural doesn't mean anything conclusive, colloquial English unfortunately can't be analysed too deeply.

And it seemingly means a fair bit more than that, Yakuza 1&2 on Wii U, as well as constant regular releases of tons of GameGear games on the eShop when there was almost nothing from SEGA on there before, and many 3D classics on eShop too. I think it's safe to say it goes a little further than the 3 exclusive Sonic games, if only a little. It's still an indication, with your dismissive logic it could just as easily be argued that Billy isn't a wintery character so it can't be him.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I bet there are 3 possibilities:

- Game announced for Japan with exclusive content like the PC characters, Miku, Ryo and Vectorman (and probably we'll MAYBE get them in the future)

- WiiU exlcusive DLC content

- some sort of Sonic Racing Transforemd Plus Edition released in Sep/October

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

lol guys this thread is now killing me with all this speculation. Very curious to see what this announcement is all about but I doubt that it will be something that everybody wants, considering what S0L said.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can sympathise. It's always fun when we get news of some announcement but don't have any concrete details... quickly leads to a giant guessing game. Then we get the actual news and the bulk of us will laugh at how wrong we were.

But hey, that's the fun of it!

Hopefully there's more than one new character... seems really unambitious after all these months. sad.png

I think you're nitpicking a bit, people don't say "there is a bigger fish to fry" when they're about to fight a final boss, they use the plural and say "I've got bigger fish to fry", the plural doesn't mean anything conclusive, colloquial English unfortunately can't be analysed too deeply.

No, he would say instead "I'm thinking there is a bigger rival, but I'll bear that in mind".

And it seemingly means a fair bit more than that, Yakuza 1&2 on Wii U, as well as constant regular releases of tons of GameGear games on the eShop when there was almost nothing from SEGA on there before, and many 3D classics on eShop too. I think it's safe to say it goes a little further than the 3 exclusive Sonic games, if only a little. It's still an indication, with your dismissive logic it could just as easily be argued that Billy isn't a wintery character so it can't be him.

Yakuza 1&2HD is only exclusive to the West (if it's coming to the West I forgot)...and it's more of a port of a port since it's already out on PS3 in Japan.

Also Sega doesn't own Mario. All you're showing is Sega giving and giving to Nintendo and Nintendo hasn't really done the opposite except Mario & Sonic.

Also Sega doesn't own Mario. All you're showing is Sega giving and giving to Nintendo and Nintendo hasn't really done the opposite except Mario & Sonic.

....So, Mario DLC would be an example of Nintendo giving to Sega, wouldn't it?

....So, Mario DLC would be an example of Nintendo giving to Sega, wouldn't it?

Well I think it would be lazy if so. Mario's a big character, Nintendo should have asked Sega to put Mario in the game in the first place. Why now? Transformed will have a lot of more units for Wii U if Mario is placed on the front box.

No, he would say instead "I'm thinking there is a bigger rival, but I'll bear that in mind".

Definitely nitpicking, people use plurals for subtlety and enigma all the time. If it were a press release, sure, maybe, but he said it on his Twitter where he isn't paid for pay close attention to how he words things, sorry.

Mario being in ASRT would be a huge Nintendo giving to SEGA, because SEGA would get most of the money made from it and inevitably tons more mainstream attention too. SEGA doesn't own Miku either.

Dude all I'm saying is that they're some decently substantial hints just as good as if not a bit better than the Billy (or Miku) hints you were mentioning, I'm not saying he's surefire, I'm not saying the hints are definite, but none of the hints you mentioned are definite either. Hints are hints, they can be applied to almost anyone. You're really nitpicking simply because you don't agree with Mario's inclusion, it's fine if you do, but the reasons I listed are more than just "billy has a winter stage". Ya don't need to completely dismiss 4 decent points simply because you disagree with them.

And there's a very good chance Nintendo and SEGA's partnership hadn't officially begun back then.

Edited by SuperLink

Well I think it would be lazy if so. Mario's a big character, Nintendo should have asked Sega to put Mario in the game in the first place. Why now? Transformed will have a lot of more units for Wii U if Mario is placed on the front box.

You could say the same thing about the whole Miku thing, really.

• Thumbs Up 2

You could say the same thing about the whole Miku thing, really.

Eh, no because the game is not available in Japan yet and the West has no Hatsune Miku game released at that time.

Eh, no because the game is not available in Japan yet and the West has no Hatsune Miku game released at that time.

So you're telling me Miku being in the game wouldn't have gotten it any sort of attention from her large american following?