Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Only reason I asked is because I knda want to get the PC version, but if there's not a lot of people online compared to the Wii U version, I won't bother.

When in doubt, find friends who will play it. It's the only surefire way to have a match.

Never mind from my experience friends are more fun to play with.

Though taking advantage of the active online community in times like this helps!

Are mods not as popular for Transformed? Normally things like that can maintain interest as they're fan DLC and such.

Since it's free on STEAM I got a chance to play it and OH MY GOSH. It is pissing me off like crazy. It's really competitive that's what I LOVE  about it. I just hope more people buy the PC version though.

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but my apologies if it has. The Limited Edition is being removed from store shelves across retailers now, and being replaced by a vanilla copy. The difference between the two is that the regular copy is not shiny/holographic and doesn't have the Metal Sonic DLC with the extra track. If you're planning to buy this game, now would be a good chance to do so if you want the bonus DLC with the shiny cover. :)

So, I got the PC version after trying it for a while on the free weekend.

...why does this game run amazingly on my laptop on the highest settings, when Sonic Generations and, hell, the original ASR run awfully on the lowest settings? XD Anywho, very happy to have the PC version now.

take in consideration that GW vehicle doesn't have any mid transformations sequences (like Sonic's one for example), and SOL told us that those are quite difficult to make, so development time might have been reduced.

I bet that now the team got used to this game's mechanic and developing, so I bet now's easier for them to push in more content

So, I got the PC version after trying it for a while on the free weekend.

...why does this game run amazingly on my laptop on the highest settings, when Sonic Generations and, hell, the original ASR run awfully on the lowest settings? XD Anywho, very happy to have the PC version now.

It is one of the most optimized ports ever released, SG and SASASR were both horribly optimized

When in doubt, find friends who will play it. It's the only surefire way to have a match.

Never mind from my experience friends are more fun to play with.

Though taking advantage of the active online community in times like this helps!

Are mods not as popular for Transformed? Normally things like that can maintain interest as they're fan DLC and such.

Still hasnt been cracked for modding far as I know, there are a handful of main modders in the community who would have the skill to do the initial crack, but most of em are burnt out after gens

That's kind of saddening but I guess it makes sense mostly since even now gens is still getting more mod stages so it might take awhile before finally getting to this game.

That's kind of saddening but I guess it makes sense mostly since even now gens is still getting more mod stages so it might take awhile before finally getting to this game.

if it does happen, expect racers first, proably first recolors, then kitbashs and custom models, then after a couple months, maybe stages, but they might just be improvised ones, and proably not transforming ones

Tried out the PC version on my laptop via free weeked trial, gotta say I'm surprise the game even ran on it; got it to work on the lowest settings and it was comparable to the PS3 version performance wise (with 600-400 resolution) where's the Sonic Generations Demo ran horrible on my laptop. 

This also meant I was playing around with the PC characters, and there just priceless; Team Fortress is awesome, Shogun's kart is very well designed, Football Manager's transform animation is great (a giant dam soccer ball covers the entire kart smile.png) and General Winter is fun to play as too (his All Star is the best one in the game just for it's music alone biggrin.png). 

Will get the PC version in the future just for these cool characters and I gotta thank SOL and the rest of Sumo Digital to even making these serious characters fit into a colorful kart racer; I wonder if we will ever see this craziness roster wise in a Mario Kart game biggrin.png

Edited by RK64
  • Thumbs Up 1

Going back to the Hatsune Miku discussion, I'd be disappointed if it truly was a PS3 exclusive character.

Especially since the Miku software (for PC, of course) will see an English release this summer (thus, close to the Western release of Project Diva F, meaning an overlap of interest for both parties in regards to two products on two different platforms). Edited by Pikawil

Wow! Dayam, I totally forgot that the software is coming out this summer! x.x Thought it was Winter...

But yeah at long last when this software gets released, Hatsune Miku can finally sing in English! IT IS TIME.

EDIT: Unrelated news (well sorta) is that Hatsune Miku just reached 1 million likes on Facebook! <3

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Cool, can't wait to see how the miku fans will make her sing. Also, I hope if she does get an english voice, its one that can match her Jap one well.

It would be pretty cool if Silver was included in a DLC, but it's no use in asking.

Edited by Wil348

I see what you did there.

This definitely isn't the end of Transformed folks!

summer_CharSelect    

.....-winter_CharSelect

IM SORRY STEVE

*hides*

This definitely isn't the end of Transformed folks!

summer_CharSelect    

.....-winter_CharSelect

IM SORRY STEVE

*hides*

Um, what does that mean?  The name says winter, but we already have a character named Winter (General Winter).  Billy could fit, as those dots fill up his name as his name has five letters, same as those five dots. 

I would gladly welcome Billy into the game (he DOES have a track in the game), but I would think that Sega would push for characters that fit upcoming games (Miku advertising the localization of her latest game, Ryo for Shenmue HD, another Skys of Arcada character for the HD remaster). 

Especially since the Miku software (for PC, of course) will see an English release this summer (thus, close to the Western release of Project Diva F, meaning an overlap of interest for both parties in regards to two products on two different platforms).

And the Vocaloid program is back in the US. Took them long enough.

Fun-fact: The Vocaloid programs started in the US, but became popular when Crypton made theirs due to them making a character along side the voice and program.

It would be pretty cool if Silver was included in a DLC, but it's no use in asking.

I'm actually surprised he isn't, quite frankly. Silver and Blaze are normally SEGA's darlings when it comes to party games. Though I guess they're trying very hard to remind people Sonic is not all they have (could have fooled me).

My question is how many characters they could even add to the game. If my math and memory's right there are five possibilities in each category so that's 5^5... which is 3125 possible combinations for racing stats. I guess there's plenty of space for more profile boxes, though!

If nothing else we can rest assured that characters won't be clones of each other.

As much as I would love to see Nack make it in. I kinda wanted to see Ristar racing this time. Was good to see him as the flag man but disappointing too. A new Ristar game would be great, but I wouldn't want to see them ruin it like Konami did with Rocket Knights return. Even tho he got quite high on the poll I imagine him being flag man kinda removes him automatically unless they make a new flag man.

And as much as I love Shenmue and Ryo, I would rather see someone that wasn't in the first game make it in via the poll. Same goes for Billy, tho I imagine we will get him regardless since his files were found on the disc much like Alex's.

There is a Skies HD remaster?? O.o

I meant that it's possible advertisement for it.  They didn't announce it or anything, just speculation on my part. Sorry for disappointing you :(

Well, on the bright side, this character fits perfectly the idea of representing the modern era of SEGA, so that's nice and cute.

Too bad my PC just makes barely works Team Fortress 2 and i don't have any type of credit cards for this.

But the again, complaining will not make magically appearing the character you want (at least in this case: i think the campaign for Dart in PSASBR is working); you know how much i would have wanted the Resonance of Fate trio or Selvaria Bless?

But i figured out that complaining just makes SoL and Sumo more sad, without going anywhere. So wasting bytes and energy it's just pointless.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed features cards now...

KiSSfMx.jpg

I see what you did there S0L

Edited by kimplix

Hoping that S0L might see this, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to offer an extractor or a loose files version (over the beta tab, for example).

I tried to get it running in Wine, but it seems to look for files in the folders rather than the provided packages.

..\..\Libraries\Race\Source\ResourceManager.cpp(476)
-AE: Trying to load file 'Data\GameData\cars.xml' that no longer exists, will prolly need fixing due to the way HasLoaded() behaves for files that don't exist.
-AI: -> ResourceManager::LoadResource() - Data\GameData\cars.xml (16161745)

• 2 weeks later...