Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

WOMAN, GO GIT MY DANG FORK AND LIGHT UP SOME TORCHES, WE'RE GOING AFTER THAT PESKY STEVE LYCETT FELLA!

Edited by Jango

Wow, to add to injury it's another PC exclusive. Yep, S0L did the right thing preparing that flame suit.

So it's free this weekend right? Cause it's not free right now.

A made up character? o_o why did they even make him?

I hope they have a reason for this, poor Sumo.

Free this weekend. If it's like other limited free games on Steam, you'll only be able to play it this weekend and then have to pay from Monday onwards.

And this is the second made up character- the first being Football Manager. "General Winter" is actually a mission in CoH2.

OK, thanks for giving us something, that is nice, but admittedly, we did poor a lot of our hopes into this to get another interesting classic iconic character added in to diversify the roster and Sega(I know this is coporate) decides to use a propaganda opurtunity instead and gives us a guy in a tank..... admitedly somewhat dissapointing

Now we know the reason for the flame shield. This is a very weird move and I guess this destroys any chance of more interesting characters being included in the game. A shame, really.

edit: As I imagined, the price of the Sonic pack was wrong. Now, it went up.

Edited by ViniciusLC

I'm really not sure how I should react to this.. I just don't really have any interest in it I guess. I don't really get the PC favouritism either, didn't the Wii U version sell best?

That makes FOUR EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS for the PC version! FOUR!

I shall start a petition to bring General Winter over to the consoles imediately.

P.S. can someone upload video of the General's All star move? And voice clips if possibles?

Now if only my computer could run this I could play on free weekend!

...anyone wanna buy a 4 pack and gimme one? :P

I'm interested as to why it mentions Football Manager, and another game on the page as well, makes it sound like they are DLC aswell

I'm really not sure how I should react to this.. I just don't really have any interest in it I guess. I don't really get the PC favouritism either, didn't the Wii U version sell best?

I doubt the Wii U version outsold any of the others, but in terms of individual chart performance, it's did best in relative terms. It topped the UK Wii U charts on numerous occasions. But that's thanks to the weak install-base and game selection.

That's three replies to you in a row, lol

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well... erm... this certainly brings a whole new meaning to this meme:

brace-yourself-winter-is-coming.jpg

Brace yourselves indeed, Sumo. The imminent backlash is inevitable.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love how he's just a real-ass guy in a tank.

Gameplay with General Winter:

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Lol. I don't think this could be more underwhelming, but it's nice to get a free character I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

SoL better be coming to the forum today. I want to hear the reasoning for this character taking the place of more "desired" ones.(I don't hate him but still....eh.)

Edited by Schnitzel

Gameplay with General Winter:

*video*

LOL When he transforms. Might just make a DLC of Josef Stalin while you're still at it, Sumo.

Edited by Jango

Remember when Sumo said that they wouldn't include Welkin because the tank and the image of the character wasn't family friendly enough or was for too old an age-group..?

And then we got TF2 and General Winter.

Man. :c

• Thumbs Up 5

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

What is Sega smoking?

On the other hand, the free weekend means an influx of new players online. Bad players. Which means winning more races and thus more ranking points for me!

Remember when Sumo said that they wouldn't include Welkin because the tank and the image of the character wasn't family friendly enough or was for too old an age-group..?

Wait they actually said that? What the fuck? 

For what it's worth (which isn't a lot) the PC exclusive stuff probably isn't held to the same standard since the PC age group is older, and SEGA knows it.

Still, the exclusivity sucks, and I would rather have a character like Welkin. :(

And now I'm off to go play General Winter.

Guys... General Winter is a videogame character.

He's from Company of Heroes 2. Relics game, the THQ studio Sega bought... however he's based off the metaphor for Russian Winters.

This is General Winter from Company of Heroes 2.

2013_company_of_heroes_2_game-wide.jpg

Yay?

Screw you guys! It's awesome SEGA gave their russian fans some fan service xD!

• Thumbs Up 1