Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Company of Heroes 2, not an actual character but more of a character made out from a metaphor in the game.

Wait. Who the hell is General Winter? I mean, cool guy in a tank, but...who the hell?

He's a guy from Relic's Company of Heroes 2.

However the real life General Winter is a metaphor given to Russia's harsh winters that have had a huge effect in repelling invading armies from Russia.

SOL i want to ask you something. 2 days ago i was playing online and i was racing, and on one race there were 3 other players and i was winning, and i crossed the finish line in 1ST but the race didn't end and it said time over, and it said the guy from last place won in 1ST and i lost my points and the guy said some bad things to me.

Ah, free DLC, that explains it.

My protests are dimmed then. They'll save anyone popular for paid DLC, obviously. wink.png

There's hope for Nack or Bayonetta or the like yet!

No there is not.

• Thumbs Up 6

pretty sure S0L said they weren't gonna do another Sonic character at all or at least implied that much.

Didn't SOL say that if they were to do another Sonic character, they would consider Nack?

Doesn't matter what S0L and Sumo would consider. SEGA would not consider Nack.

Didn't SOL say that if they were to do another Sonic character, they would consider Nack?

Yes he did, and considering Sega told them to put General Winter in, I'd say that they could have told them to put another Sonic character in since its their most popular series but considering no one expected Winter in this. Its anyone's chance to get in whether its Vectorman, Nack, Miku, Ryo, or heck EVEN RISTAR. Ultimately its Sega's decision on the matter.

Have we got video of the All-star move yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWispridb2g

FULL POWER TO THE SOVIETS!

Thats a genuine line from the General, this guy is amazing! Oh video shows every transformation, but no All-star move.

• Thumbs Up 1

watching that footage of Rogues Landing...There's so much more added to the stage on PC than there is on the consoles, it looks so much better with all that life into the stage.

*And then he hears the music*

THIS IS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME!!! .. ... .. . nearly...

• Thumbs Up 2

Going back to the Hatsune Miku discussion, I'd be disappointed if it truly was a PS3 exclusive character. It seems like people are getting shafted left and right. 4 exclusive PC character, no patches since the small one a while back, and no DLC characters seen? If only a 1/4th of the fans get access to the DLC (Miku) that's.. ugh. -.-

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I'm probably extremely late to the party here, but...

Segata Sanshiro makes a cameo!?

How is it I've never seen this before?! Is this not in all the games versions?

Kudos to y'all at Sumo for adding this!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

Segata Sanshiro makes a cameo!?

How is it I've never seen this before?! Is this not in all the games versions?

Kudos to y'all at Sumo for adding this!

Ah yes! Yup he's been in there since day 1 and as far as I'm aware he's in every version (not sure about the 3DS version). The only way you'll see him is if you are in first place by the start of the 3rd lap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most epic All star yet, that music, and the giant hammer and sickle, cant wait to see what they do next!

I know it probably costs shit loads of money to make the animations for it but it's kinda disappointing that so few characters' vehicles are actually seen transforming, most of them are just on the fly model swaps which doesn't look anywhere near as cool.

• Thumbs Up 3

How long have they been working on General Winters? Since SEGA only recently acquired Relic, so it can't take them as long as you say they do to make a single character if they made General winters within a few month.

I imagine it was their focus so they might have gotten more people than usual to work on it, especially if their projected deadline was independence day.

So, is the online in this version any good? Like, plenty of meat? The Wii U version is a bit lacking in terms of players.

So, is the online in this version any good? Like, plenty of meat? The Wii U version is a bit lacking in terms of players.

I think that you found your problem right there. tongue.png

Ahem, jokes aside. According to VGChartz, the sales margins are as follows:

Wii U- 240,000

PS Vita - 100,000

3DS - 150,000

PS3 - 240,000

360 - 280,000

Data's unavailable for PC, unfortunately!

That's 1.01 million copies sold, however; the game officially sold 1.36 million copies (per SEGA Sammy's last report), so that would leave 359,000 copies for PC.

If your concern was players, looks like the PC version has the advantage! That the PC gamer base is perhaps the best suited for online play also helps.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

The character that makes the most sense and has the most potential, you wouldn't be fine with?tongue.png

I never really liked Vectorman. Plus, didn't I whine/bitch enough about NiGHTS transforming instead of driving to get my point across? =P

If he'd get in, I would mind, but he's not a character I actually want. I've kind of stopped caring. It's just a game..

In the end, all I want is an easier way to unlock characters and tracks. Getting enough points World Tour is too hard for me. I wish they would've stuck with the way to unlock characters in the original ASR.

According to VGChartz...

VGChartz is one of the least reliable places on the web. Those figures are very likely wrong.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Also, SEGA confirmed that the Wii U version sold 310k in their financial report. 3DS sold around 200k.

From people that own the PC version, I heard the online got quiet after a bit. It's alive right now but I'm sure that's because of the DLC and free weekend. It'll go quiet again in 3 weeks.

Edited by Autosaver