Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

So you're telling me Miku being in the game wouldn't have gotten it any sort of attention from her large american following?

It would, but Sega doesn't think so. I'm not Sega. Sega thought there was no reason at that time to bring her in because she has no games and also probably thought no fans in the USA.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

I'm baffled how you some of you think that Mario will be the news we're expecting, when the Steam version is ALSO getting updated, unless there is a multitude of things he'll be announcing, Mario is unlikely to be on anything but Wii U, so why update the Steam version for no reason?

I'm really hoping for Miku personally, people forget how involved Miku has been with SEGA besides the Project Diva games, she's cameo'd in so many of their games too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm baffled how you some of you think that Mario will be the news we're expecting, when the Steam version is ALSO getting updated, unless there is a multitude of things he'll be announcing, Mario is unlikely to be on anything but Wii U, so why update the Steam version for no reason?

They could be announcing more than one character. Miku and Billy for all versions. Mario for Wii U.

.....Hell, how cool would it be if the DLC was Mario, and it lead to Sonic being DLC for Mario Kart 8?

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly it could be anything at this point, we could all be miles off the mark and it'll probably be some generic shit, or not even DLC at all.

I think this is when it becomes a problem when we hack away at 2 measly little comments S0L made and over analyse the situation when he could just be meaning he's announcing a controversial subject that will cause some people to be angry.

Could be "No DLC, sorry, even though we promised we'd do more with it for this game" That would make a lot of people mad.

The winter comment could mean that Japan will finally be getting the game in November-ish after waiting nearly a whole year. This could also give characters like Miku a better chance at becoming DLC as an extra incentive for Japanese players to buy the game when an iconic idol is in a SEGA crossover racing game.

At this point I'd take anything, because I haven't touched this game since the update. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah the nature of the comments means it really could be anything, and I think the possibilities most are listing are circumstantial to begin with, all of us could be totally off mark.

I'm sure S0L is completely used to it by now :P he throws a pebble into the river and it makes a volcano five miles away erupt.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know its silly to be discussing something so minor, but it just shows you how fucking badly we want new content for this game, if that isn't enough incentive for Sumo and SEGA then I honestly don't know what is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omg, what S0L said.

How you guys didn't got it!?

Flame shield. Getting cold.

Sonic 3 has a flame shield. Getting cold, Ice Cap. Ice Cap is a level from Sonic 3. Therefore, SA3 ICE CAP DLC CONFIRMED.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

ICE CAP DLC CONFIRMED.

Including every overrated overused techno remix you've ever heard.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if this is actually happening today.

The Sega Press area doesn't have any pending update notices and the blogs don't have anything either.

I wonder if this is actually happening today.

The Sega Press area doesn't have any pending update notices and the blogs don't have anything either.

If it makes you feel any better, the SEGA blogs didn't even mention Summer of Sonic or Sonic Boom's ticket sales yet. I'm starting to think the reason information flow was so slow this year wasn't because of a determined effort to maintain secrecy, but because the people who are responsible for it have been really off their game.

Here's hoping we get something good today regardless!

Anyone here already tried to explain why S0L wrote that in russian? Скоро зима. Like, he's not russian as far as I'm aware)). Why use russian of all languages?

Not that I dislike that or something)) It flatters me a bit even).

Winter Olympics will be in Sochi, which is in Russia.

That's my only guess as to why Russian would be the choice of exotic language.

Now how that pertains to this coming DLC I've no idea. Unless there's some other SEGA game that involves Russia?

Closest guess would be Company of Heroes, given that it has the Soviet theme and the Russian Winter is notorious for destroying invading armies (hence "Winter is soon" in Russian actually is kind of menacing). But I doubt that would be involved in a DLC in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Now how that pertains to this coming DLC I've no idea. Unless there's some other SEGA game that involves Russia?

Closest guess would be Company of Heroes, given that it has the Soviet theme and the Russian Winter is notorious for destroying invading armies (hence "Winter is soon" in Russian actually is kind of menacing). But I doubt that would be involved in a DLC in any way, shape or form.

Yup. I came up with the same thoughts none of which relates to Transformed all that well. It's all too far-fetched.

Maybe it does have to do with Mario...? 

Or maybe I'm going crazy with wishful thinking. Who knows. 

Maybe it does have to do with Mario...? 

Or maybe I'm going crazy with wishful thinking. Who knows. 

But why in Steam of all places to announce this hint if it is Mario?

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Given that Transformed Wii U is ultimately a direct challenger to Mario Kart, I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA and Nintendo have been planning some sort of Mario placement since before this partnership was announced. You don't step on a person's territory without paying a serious concession. Go figure this would benefit both parties ultimately. Nintendo still wins regardless of which game sells.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... though the Russian and winter things together suggest something involving Winter Olympics.

However, as mentioned, it's being detailed on Steam. Company of Heroes is a PC title, so Steam would be a perfect fit. Company of Heroes has the Russian/winter theme going on if the SEGA booth is any indication.

Sounds weird, yes... however. Considering TF2 characters got in, and a Shogun, I don't think SEGA's particularly rational with what gets in on the PC version.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I have a 1.3GB download on my Steam right now.

Could this be it?

1.3GB...?

1.3 -> 1x3 = 3

GB = GaBen

Half Life 3 confirmed for ASRT

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is 75% off right now on Steam.

BUT, there's a pack with pretty much every Sonic game ever and it's the same price. Transformed is included on it. BUYING!

EDIT:

link for the pack:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26498/

Edited by ViniciusLC

The game is 75% off right now on Steam.

BUT, there's a pack with pretty much every Sonic game ever and it's the same price. Transformed is included on it. BUYING!

EDIT:

link for the pack:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26498/

Wait you dont have ASRT yet? shame on you

ahaha, I do have it but on the PS3. I was waiting for a promo to get the PC version for the extra characters.

Oh wait, they are doing a free weekend! thats awesome that ought to increase sales and online play exponentionaly