Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Wait

This mean the Big Three on are all on toonami....

f9l25e.jpg

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dead Man Wonderland looked like a fairly interesting show, I really should watch TV more.

Perhaps I'll tune in next time the block's on. It was a nostalgia trip to watch it suddenly come on.. Toonami was always my source for anime as a kid. Who knows, maybe I'll find something I like?

I wonder. Will they do those specials they did back in the day? I still remember the first time Tom died... was quite the shock.

I don't like TOM 5's torso for some reason, but everything else about him looks great!

Also, is One Piece gonna be uncut on Toonami? Wait...they made Naruto uncut, why the hell did I ask that?

Given how many episodes OP has, I would expect it to reach the current episodes in 10 years.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/45048940991/one-announcement-to-rule-them-all#_=_

3. Toonami will air One Piece this year. We’re not sure yet it if will replace Tenchi GXP or come in later, and we’re not sure where we will start in the episode order. We’ll let you know more in the coming months.

Interesting. I'm hoping either they start where we left off in Skypiea, or just start off at the Foxy or Water 7 arcs. They could probably introduce people to the characters in ads or specially made recap episodes or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In the coming months eh, THAT GIVES ME TIME TO WATCH IT! I can do it guyz, I can catch up. xD I caught up with Bleach in a week... and that was horrifyng.

Edited by Jetstream Sam

Interesting. I'm hoping either they start where we left off in Skypiea, or just start off at the Foxy or Water 7 arcs. They could probably introduce people to the characters in ads or specially made recap episodes or something.

Arn't their specials that recap entire arcs? maybe they can just air those instead of the episodes. it would take waaaaaaay too fucking long to even get close to the current arc they are at in japan if they start from episode 1.

A Toonami panel at Momo con is going on, big news has been announced.

One Piece is coming back to Toonami.

Evangelion movie night on March 17.

T.O.M 5 and a new Absolution.

Good stuff, very good stuff.

I missed the panel, but One Piece coming back is great news! I'm curious which episode they're going to start at. T.O.M 5's new design doesn't look that bad to me.

From Toonami's Tumblr (WHICH ALL OF YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING BTW!!)

ONE ANNOUNCEMENT TO RULE THEM ALL

…And in the darkness, BIND THEM.

Hey guys! Below is the basic list of stuff we announced at Momocon.

1. In April (date tbd), we will premiere TOM 5, a new Absolution, and a new look for Toonami, including a new logo. Some of that stuff isn’t ready yet, so keep checking this blog and we’ll put up new stuff as we finish it. And no, still no Sara or Clydes… yet.

2. In the next couple of months we will premiere an online comic that will tell the story of How TOM 3 became TOM 4, how TOM 4 became TOM 3.5, where Sara and the Clydes are, and how we got TOM 5 and the new Absolution. We’ll offer more details on that when we have them.

3. Toonami will air One Piece this year. We’re not sure yet it if will replace Tenchi GXP or come in later, and we’re not sure where we will start in the episode order. We’ll let you know more in the coming months.

4. Next week, on Toonami’s birthday, we will be showing Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone. The following week our schedule will return to normal (sorry, Soul Eater/Eureka/Sym-Bionic fans!). Schedule is posted below, scroll down to see it.

5. We were not able to make a promo for the Eva movie for various reasons, but that’s okay, we promise! It’s just a birthday present, not part of a larger series of “movie nights.” We’re still exploring that.

6. There will be a few other goodies airing on our birthday, so don’t miss it! And no… NO HINTS. You gotta watch! smile.png

7. We are still exploring short series to air, short series fans, so we’ll let you know if and when we have announcements in that area!

8. Video of the Toonami Momocon panel, as well as some interviews, were shot by the Toonami Faithful crew and will be up soon!

9. Thanks to Chad Bonin for inviting us to the panel, moderating and being a cool dude.

10. We love you!

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, this is some pretty exciting news. I've not watch much of One Piece, but I am interested in giving it another shot.

I do wonder whether they'll start from the last dub episode that aired a few years ago or from the very beginning. If they start from the beginning, they HAVE to do at least two episodes every Saturday.

I'm also excited for the Evangelion 1.11 movie to be airing next week.

It's almost been a year since that Joy bringing April Fools, and seeing posts from back then just make how things are even more hilarious in hindsight.

So, how would you guys say Toonami is as of now?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's almost been a year since that Joy bringing April Fools, and seeing posts from back then just make how things are even more hilarious in hindsight.

Definitely getting better.

Compared to how Cartoon Network is in general, it's definitely a saving grace that's getting better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope the new Tom design is better looking than version 4 as that one didn't go over well from my understanding of it.  Still I can't complain that Toonami has been doing fairly well since it got put back on the air last year and I hope that it continues to improve when compared to the rest of Cartoon Network with some exceptions.

Never watched Evangelion, but sure as hell going to check this out. and second, Toonami's doing way better than it did before it was resurrected since it's gone back to its roots - being Cartoon Network's anime block.

...Still waiting on that announcement about Panty and Stocking being part of it though. that show definitely qualifies for Adult Swim at the very least.

I think with what it's going to be running this year, it certainly feels a lot like the Toonami we remember. I'm just completely stoked I can actually watch One Piece on TV.

So the Evangelion movie's airing tomorrow?

Well whaddya know, I think I know what I'll be tuning into tomorrow tonight.

Edited by MAYHEM!

...Still waiting on that announcement about Panty and Stocking being part of it though. that show definitely qualifies for Adult Swim at the very least.

Hmm. Really? As much as I love that series, I worry that there will be a large amount of edits to the point that the show won't be enjoyable to watch.