Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

The drop off after Eva lol, I honestly thought it was gonna be something cool they were announcing and find out its Kickheart, laaaame.

• 1 month later...

Cool! So now the Toonami Tumblr can be officially talked about. and also our questions to them can possibly make it into the top 3 of the Q&As on TV!!

Buuuuut, TOM pronounced "Gifs" wrong. =_=;

Anyone who wants SAO's should try to enter, as it runs for $89... that's just the first part btw, the other 2 are the same price. XP

• 2 weeks later...

We got a shit load of announcements today!

tumblr_mv7arpR1Nw1rvb8cmo1_500.jpg

BIG HONKIN’ TOONAMI ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey everybody! Just wanted to drop you all a line and announce a couple pieces of Toonami news.

First, we are proud to announce that Toonami will be WORLD PREMIERING the new series from Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) and Studio BONES (FMA, Soul Eater, many more), SPACE DANDY! SPACE DANDY is a 26 episode series that will be premiering in the U.S. BEFORE it premieres in Japan (yep, you read that right)! Details on that to follow soon.

Oh, and when will it premiere? Sooner than you think- January 4th, at 11:30 PM.

"Did I just read 11:30?"

Yep, you read that right. Space Dandy will kick off an expanded 6-1/2 HOUR TOONAMI broadcast every Saturday. Toonami Faithful, we got our extra half hour!

Oh, you’re STILL not satisfied? Fine. We have some other great news that will be coming in the next few weeks, but until then we’ll drop one more little tidbit: In December, Toonami will take a break from our regular schedule and have a bit of holiday fun, with three weeks in a row of a movie special to kick off the block! What movies, you ask? Well, you’ll have to wait a bit on that. smile.png

Finally- if you have more questions about all this, GOOD- ask them here! We’ll be doing our monthly Toonami Q&A this Sunday from 11am et, to whenever we hit the tumblr post limit! Remember, your question could end up on our monthly on-air Tumblr Q&A session with Tom and Sara.

WHEW- okay. Keep your eyes locked right here over the next few weeks for more details on all of this, as well as some other VERY exciting developments we can’t talk about yet. And in the mean time, do make sure you check us out on November 2nd, when we’ll be airing some fun little surprises in the daylight savings hour (2am)!

WE WILL NEVER STOP

Love, the Toonami Crew.

A brand spankin new anime by the dude who made Cowboy Bebop? Airing here FIRST in America? A half our added to the Toonami block!? And a upcoming holiday event? Tis a good time to be a Toonami fan.

Edited by SoniManbeast
  • Thumbs Up 9

Is there a reason why, your entire post is white, its kind of... annoying. And yes i am using the IP Board theme before you jump down my throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoZ2udQkr3c

I hope its good. Also it apparently contains lots of tits.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is there a reason why, your entire post is white, its kind of... annoying. And yes i am using the IP Board theme before you jump down my throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoZ2udQkr3c

I hope its good. Also it apparently contains lots of tits.

Hmmm... Kinda giving me the feel of Cowboy Bebop with the fast paced, and colorful nature of Gurren Lagaan, with 70s funk music thrown in.

Interesting...

Jesus christ man, at least highlight the font to blue so we can see it, some of us are on IP.Board skin y'know.

Wow, this is amazing this is all great news! can't wait.

Edited by goku262002

This is awesome, if only for the sheer fact that we're getting the anime first. Excusing series we specifically ordered like IGPX, I wonder how often this sort of thing has happened in the history of the medium.

Awesome news, also great that they've taken over the 11:30 slot. I hope one of the movies shown in December is Strong World since it's dub is coming out in November:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxwRNTURrgw

jus saiyan tho

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or does Shiki sound like Jim Cummings. Also, ooooh, sneak peak of Brook's english voice.

Moar Brook, he's being voiced by Ian Sinclair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuUXZlHZydU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuUXZlHZydU

Also Shiki's VA is Scott McNeil, and that other guy's being voiced by Sean Schemmel, which is technically his first role in Funimation One Piece.

Edited by Infernal Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its "NerveGear" again guys for the Toonami contest. don't know why they did the same code twice but whatever, go enter if your interested.

So happy to hear that Toonami will be starting a half hour earlier with a premiere before Japan gets it on top of it! I'm really looking forward to hear what else they have in store for us!

Wanna show you guys something:

http://toonami.tumblr.com/day/2013/10/27

Anonymous Asked: Is there a reason why you guys don't get a salary for working on Toonami?

Yes, the budget for Toonami is so small we have to use all of it for shows and packaging/promos!

Posted: Sun October 27th, 2013 at 12:53pm

Ask: Make it good

Notes: 17

You gotta admit, thats some real fucking dedication there!

Also check out the rest of the Tumblr page, appearently they are doing video answers now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanna show you guys something:

http://toonami.tumblr.com/day/2013/10/27

You gotta admit, thats some real fucking dedication there!

Also check out the rest of the Tumblr page, appearently they are doing video answers now.

Damn! Talk about dedication if they're willing to work putting everything into Toonami and not able to receive a salary in return! These guys deserve a lot of praise!

I

Awesome news, also great that they've taken over the 11:30 slot. I hope one of the movies shown in December is Strong World since it's dub is coming out in November:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxwRNTURrgw

jus saiyan tho

I don't think they would do it now since Franky and Brook haven't joined the crew yet. The Funi Dub is only at the Enies Lobby arc, 4kids stopped sometime in Skypiea or Arabasta, and Toonami is only at Water 7(Before Usopp and Robin have temporarily left the crew I believe).

Also, all Funi voices are the same as the US release of Unlimited Adventure right?(aside from kid Zoro which I know is different)

So Toonami announced that uncut Naruto is leaving on the 30th. They also announced another acquisition coming in January, which is...well...Uncut Naruto. Seems like they've successfully gotten the Shippuden license from Disney XD.

Damnit I was going to post that...

So yeah, Naruto Shippuden Uncut is coming to Toonami, sweet. but Im gonna miss the not-totally-dying moaning.

• Thumbs Up 1