Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

tumblr_ml3r710cz91rvb8cmo1_500.png

Can't wait to see this dude on my TV on April 27.

The new Absolution is looking pretty nice too.

The Oblivion stuff been pretty cool, it's nice to see a little storyline.

The lineup for April 27.

One Piece starts on May 18 and will start on episode 207.

The lineup for May 18.

Oh, better go start catching up on One Piece to refresh my memeory before May 18.

Edited by Bills
  • Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_mlh5bzbPhH1rvb8cmo1_500.gif

Well, here is the new Absolution. 

I think it looks really nice, much smaller then the other two.

Edited by Attorney Badge

Davy Back Fight huh, I can live with that. And it does start from right after Skypeia which is where the previous broadcast ended.

For now, yes. like they have said it can change someday soon.

So Bleach, it was basically 5 minutes of manga-material followed by filler with Aizen watching reruns. well, at least its a nice catchup on those people who missed these fights the first time around.

Lol, welcome back S.A.R.A.!

Loving the new graphics they're using this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

AHHH I remember this!!!! Man good times!! I was pretty young. I fucking love Outlaw Star. 

Outlaw Star is fucking awesome. Way better then the overrated Cowboy Bebop.

We get it, you don't like Bebop. No need to repeat it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Speaking of Bebop, I am thinking of getting the show when it comes out as a box set here in September (since I've never watched this show), but I'm kinda worried it'll be one of those things that everyone likes, but I feel disappointed by when I see them (ala the Dark Knight trilogy).

Speaking of Bebop, I am thinking of getting the show when it comes out as a box set here in September (since I've never watched this show), but I'm kinda worried it'll be one of those things that everyone likes, but I feel disappointed by when I see them (ala the Dark Knight trilogy).

If that is the case try watching an episode or 2 online to see if you might like it or not. At least its better than buying it sort blindly right

Cowboy Bebop was an anime I could never get into during it's run on Adult Swim. I dunno why, but I think it was because I didn't find most of the brooding, chain smoking, main characters all that appealing, (With possibly the exception of Radical Edward...) maybe it was because there were parts where it got really slow, or maybe I'm just not fond of the dark art style used.

Though it may be because the few times I've tried watching it, I was at an age where I wanted more action to be happening. Because of this, I'm considering giving it one more chance. If i end up liking it, then throw me into the hype surrounding it. If my opinion remains the same... Well, back into the minority with me.

I'm not gonna lie though, dat theme song... The Jazz/Blues nut in me really jams out to that tune.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

Tell ya what. I love both sooooo much but if I was truly forced to pick, I would go with Outlaw Star.

If that is the case try watching an episode or 2 online to see if you might like it or not. At least its better than buying it sort blindly right

I'm not quite sure if there are any legal means to do that here in the UK.

I like Outlaw Star as much as the next guy, but Cowboy Bebop is the reason Outlaw Star exists as it popularized the Space Cowboy genre in anime. I mean, there really is no comparison. The only difference is that Cowboy Bebop was ran into the ground. Also, Samurai Champloo was better. 

Bebop isn't perfect. Out of its 26 episode run, most of them are filler esc episodes that don't have much of a connection to the plot. The story only really takes off when it focuses on the characters` development, and expanding on their past, which are very few.

I'm not quite sure if there are any legal means to do that here in the UK.

Pretty sure simply viewing the episodes online doesn't raise any flags, unless the UK is different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure simply viewing the episodes online doesn't raise any flags, unless the UK is different.

I just like doing things legally. wink.png

Eh, I'll wait until the box set comes out.

I like Outlaw Star as much as the next guy, but Cowboy Bebop is the reason Outlaw Star exists as it popularized the Space Cowboy genre in anime. I mean, there really is no comparison. The only difference is that Cowboy Bebop was ran into the ground. Also, Samurai Champloo was better.

Didn't Outlaw Star come out first?

Didn't Outlaw Star come out first?

Bebop came out a few months after.