Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Tenchi GXP... Eh, nothing too special. I remember hating the Tenchi series for no apparent reason when it first aired on the original Toonami, but I've grown to enjoy it over time.

But good god, when I was watching the first episode last week, I was thinking about how this Seina kid's family are a bunch of douchebags! Played for laughs though, but still kinda irked me. Maybe it's because I sometimes don't like butt monkey heroes.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

The only thing I liked from the first Ep of Tenchi Muyo GXP was the Ryoko cameo; exploring the world of Tenchi sounds good on paper, but I have a feeling that this show won't do it justice.

On a more positive note, 2011 Thundercats and Symbionic Titan are still ace!

The action, pacing, and backstory were great in 'Legacy'. Love the idea of a technologically advanced era with a (temporary) alliance among different species culminating in an epic confrontation with Mumm-Ra. Along with the first episode, it really makes it all the more sad how much the cats turned out to be dicks.

As for Tartakovsky's show, he doesn't disappoint. it's probably the first time in a long time I've ever genuinely laughed and enjoyed a modern cartoon; and even without using the Titan, there's still plenty of action and 'feel-good' moments in there.

These shows definitely need more love.

Edited by Treacher

tumblr_m9qv45sFOk1r6m94xo2_1280.jpg

Oh TOM 4, I'm the only one who really appreciates you. You're welcome in my eyes.

Yeah you're the first person that I know who likes Tom 4.

The reason why almost everyone hates Tom 4 is because of the design. He looks nothing like the other versions of Tom. If you take away Steve Blum's sexy voice no one would even know that he was the same character.

That they have decided to make Tom 4 a different character from the other Tom's makes him more tolerable, but I still think that the design is not a good fit for the Toonami name brand.

No One Piece makes me sad.

Little steps, I guess.

BTW, I've never watched Naruto before, and I probably never will.

Needless to say, this announcement has split the fanbase.

I'm kind of excited for this and I don't know why...

Well, I guess it's because I never really cared for Naruto back when it aired so I never watched it so this gives me a chance to actually check the show out. And uncut too, which is pretty sweet. Also it's kind of heartwarming in a way to have a show that was once on the block come back.

In other news, apparently the staff back in the day, once though of making a half hour show around TOM. That comic they're going to post was based around the idea for the show.

To be fair, i always enjoyed Part 1 far more than Shippuden, so there's that. Still I'd rather watch Naruto than Bleach at this point. I swear to god if they air those goddamn fillers..

>Naruto

>Not One Piece or Panty and Stocking

>"Grrrrrr Death to all who oppose me"

Well maybe they're testing the waters for other long runners like One Piece. If this does well then I could see the chances for OP on Toonami increasing

Did you get it? It was a Shadow the Hedgehog joke. Remember when that was a thing

Edited by Ichigo Storm

Look, Bleach is going to come to an end soon after this current arc and a filler arc we got the last arc which wasn't even that long. they need another long-running show and Naruto was already airing when Toonami canceled and Disney doesn't want anything to do with it anymore and I'm sure VIZ is desperate to get Naruto running on a channel again. at least its uncut and Shippuuden is pretty much guaranteed now also theres a good chance they could skip filler hell and go stright to shippuuden.

Its an overall decent show but its going to have its bitchers and moaners just like with Bleach, DBZ, and every other fucking popular anime.

Here the first page of the lost Toonami comic.

Hey guys! Today’s lil’ goodie is the INTRO page to the Lost Toonami Comic! This ‘lost” comic was designed as a prelude to the MAIN story, and to set up the other characters besides TOM. The next chapter was where TOM would enter the story, and where our series would actually begin. Essentially, TOM and Sara would join the “specials.” There was a series bible, but that’s lost to us. We’ll post a new page or two from the comic as often as we can. We hope you enjoy this little peek into what might have been, and in the mean time, we hope you take the 6 hour challenge tonight!

So this would be a prelude to a Toonami show? Interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why the fuck are they showing Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood again? They should show the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime again.

Why the fuck are they showing Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood again? They should show the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime again.

Because Brotherhood is better and less depressing? Funny enough the listings for the 1st FMA were showing last night instead.

Also Don't Think About It, that tumblr link is broken. check on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, this thread has been dead for almost two months now. So here's a spot of news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-03/soul-eater-anime-to-run-on-adult-swim-toonami-block

Soul Eater is coming to Toonami. It's something new at least. Well, I think it's a decent show, cept the second half is kind of... eh.

Edited by Kula

Great, so how long until the rest of the world gets Toonami?

...Never? Oh, okay.

To be honest, I don't blame Toonami, I blame the atrocious fees you have to pay to show anime in certain countries. The UK doesn't have any on TV anymore that isn't Americanized for merchandise shares. It's even hard to find anime DVDs and what not that aren't £35 for 24 episodes.

*sigh* I miss Toonami on TV...

I tried to watch GXP last night. It was on when the Van Damme movie I was watching finished. I just... hate it too much.

I tried to watch GXP last night. It was on when the Van Damme movie I was watching finished. I just... hate it too much.

Watched one episode..didn't care.

I watched it for a while, and I just gave up. It's just so stupid, why the hell does every woman in this show a pedophile who wants to get in this disaster of a kid's pants? I know the original Tenchi series is a harem series, but from what I remember, the main characters weren't as grating.

In other news, I'm finally caught up with when I started Eureka 7 back in my freshman year of high school. Brings back memories, it does.

I just realized... That couple that temporarily adopted Renton the episodes before... Charles and Ray... Ray... Charles... Ray Charles? How in the hell did a Blues enthusiast like me miss that reference?! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty excited to see Soul Eater airing on this block in two weeks.

I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the final 10-15 episodes, but it was still a blast to watch overall.

Probably the best show they've picked up since this revival IMO.

Edited by canderson

I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the final 10-15 episodes, but it was still a blast to watch overall.

WHOA WHAT?!

(Looks back a page)

YES I LOVE THIS SHOW! Granted, the part where the developers had to come up with their own stuff was kinda lame, (And the ending is the most rushed and corniest thing I have ever seen) but still, I'm pretty pumped up for this. I've been wondering if adultswim/toonami would ever pick this up for the longest time. I look forward to seeing it on TV.

Despite the rushed ending, Toonami picking up Soul Eater is excellent news! This raises hope that they'll pick other well known series as well in the near future.