Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Casshern Sins is ending tonight, goodbye you depressing show.

So, we're going to find out what replacing it tonight.

Take a look at schedule, looks like things are going to be switch around.

They're nothing in the 12:30 slot, presumably to stop Casshern replacement from being leaked, Samurai 7 now comes on at 1:00, Sym Bionic Titan and Thundercats comes before Eureka7 and Ghost In the Shell is gone and Inuyasha is here to stay.

That's interesting, but like I said Adult Swim schedules aren't always trustworthy.

Edit:

Tenchi returns to Toonami with Tenchi Muyo GXP, and looks like the above schedule is correct.

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM

GXP... hate to say it but it's barely a step above Tenchi in Tokyo...

I don't get all the hate for Tenchi in Tokyo. I thought it had a good story. Plus it has my favorite Tenchi character Yugi.

GXP on the other hand sucks ass.

I'm sad at all the hate that Casshern's getting. It's a great anime with a beautiful story.

Not happy that Inuyasha is getting added to Toonami. Inuyasha is a fucking piece of shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let me see. New Toonami schedule?

Inuyasha is back! Yes!

Wait.

Tenchi.

Tenchi! TEEEENCHIII!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.

GXP, not Universe.

Fuck you Toonami.

I don't get all the hate for Tenchi in Tokyo. I thought it had a good story. Plus it has my favorite Tenchi character Yugi.

A wise (and incredibly sexy) man once said:

So I got my huge ass hard drive on Thursday. A nice 320GB Western Digital that went right into my PS3. And I started ripping my anime DVDs to it, that being the reason that I bought the thing in the first place. The first ones I did were my Tenchi DVDs, out of tradition. After they were done and copied, I decided "Hey, I'll watch Tenchi in Tokyo. I've owned the DVD's for about a year but haven't actually watched the show in 10, so why not?"

What. The. Fuck. Now, let me just say that Tenchi Universe (and the Tenchi series in general, for that matter) is not what I consider to be the absolute peak of anime. I personally prefer Universe over the OVAs in general because I prefer a lot of the changes that it made over the OVA (for example, I never liked the idea of the "Tenchi Solution" by itself, among other things), but in no way do I hold it up on some sort of pedestal of untouchable awesome (like I do with Digimon Inuyasha DBZ Ghost in the Shell). I simply love to watch it, feeling it appropriate for any situation because of how fun it all is, along with teh nostalgia coloring my views. It doesn't even have any real fanservice to speak of, meaning I can watch it wherever I want as well.

That being said, what the hell were they thinking when they made in Tokyo?

Now I only watched 2 episodes, which was about all I could stomach before turning the Playstation off, but who in their right mind thought that there needed to be a Tenchi with "wacky Shonen animation" quips? Who thought that it would be great idea to make it so that 95% of the cast of the show be relegated to the background so they could throw in an obvious Mary Sue fan-fic character to focus on instead? And who in hell came up with the writing? For every legitimately funny bit of dialog there is two or three cringe-worthy ones. And, while I know that in Tokyo is a different continuity from the OVAs and Universe (though seemingly just because), who the hell thought it would be a great idea to copy the Universe continuity so closely and then make it so the characters act completely inappropriately for the situation?

Throw in how bad the animation itself is, and it makes me want to throw things, but everything near my PS3 is expensive to replace.

lol 320GB HDD

Edited by Tornado

Tenchi GXP? You know, I only watched the first episode and never finished that series?

and speaking of which:

A wise (and incredibly sexy) man once said:

I only watched 2 episodes of Tenchi in Tokyo when I was younger...think I'm gonna go ahead and watch the whole thing and see if I end up the same way.

I have both of them on my 2 TB harddrive (lol), so might as well get to it when I get the time.

I know Jason DeMarco said early on that if they ever got the money to do so, they would love to explain what happened to TOM 4. Well, it seems like they have the money. Some people seem to think that this might mean Toonami's coming back to CN but that's sure as hell not going to happen anytime soon. If anything, this will be an event in the vein of the Intruder and so on. Which would be awesome.

I actually like TOM 4 so I'm happy to see he's still around. I also love it because it gives some more continuity. TOM 4 may not look as cool as the other TOM, but he's still (U.S.)TOM and that instantly makes him cool. I wonder if this means we'll start hearing from him more regularly. Would even have to cost them new animation or another voice actor.

From some of the comments, apparently that bump means he's cool now. I've seen people saying they like TOM 4 now just because of that promo. Guess it has to do with the fact that he's not the same TOM as TOM 1-3. I'm glad to see some people warm up to him now. He gets way too much undeserved hate, in my opinion.

Anyway, here's the hodgepodge of bumps from last night, including the new blue colour. One of the youtube comments said that Jason said that they're going to slowly go away from the TOM 3 era style and in to something new. I'm not sure if that's true but this is a start.

Man, New animation, the midnight run, a new room, TOM 4. Remember when Toonami first came back earlier this year? The block didn't even last through the whole night. Toonami is growing and man, does that make me happy.

On an odd tangent, if TOM 4 is a separate robot from the TOM 1-3.5...

Does that technically mean that we haven't reached that day where "we meet again"?

Also does anyone know if that animation for TOM 4 is old or new. I don't remember much of the TOM 4 era. I'm guessing it's old because it isn't that well lip synced in some places.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Tenchi in Tokyo has an awesome soundtrack.

The people on the Anime News Network forum seem to hate the new Toonami with a passion. They seem very elitist in their opinions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ew... I hated Tenchi in Tokyo... And yes ANN has some very elitist people but some of them are cool. :\ Keyword some.

ANN is the source of all subbed weaboos on the planet. They're worse than the guys at Daizex in their hatred for American presence in anime, so it's best just to ignore them.

I know Jason DeMarco said early on that if they ever got the money to do so, they would love to explain what happened to TOM 4. Well, it seems like they have the money.

Honestly, if they did have the money, I'd much much rather they spend it on getting better shows as of right now, rather then spending it on a short that will probably only air once. Not to say I hate Tom 4 (I'm not fond of him,) but I would like for them to focus on their shows first, before doing stuff like this.

Unless it's something that would affect the show permanently, like bringing S.A.R.A. back. Then by all means go ahead.

Looks like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is going to be replaced with Fullmetal Alchemist(2003).

Makes sense I guess.

Then again, it could be a mistake, who knows.

Alright turns out the Tom 4 promo didn't air last night.

We did find out that Tom is going to review Halo 4.

http://youtu.be/zelgW4fSQzc

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have some Early TOM 4 concept work.

tumblr_md8psdYUFH1rvb8cmo1_1280.jpg

They said that they went with the TOM 4 that they did because Sean(Toonami co-creator who no longer works at CN) anted a TOM that looked younger and could grow different versions like the other TOMs did. This explains why TOM 4 is so far off from the other TOMs and it makes me appreciate the decision to reveal TOM 4 as a separate robot(Though how separate is up in the air). Even with the TOM 4 they used they might have has used him some day. They asked if you guys would like to see this TOM one day.

I personally like the design but not for TOM. It's just not TOM enough. With TOM 1-3.5, you see the same character throughout, just slightly different. This is a bit too off base for my liking. That and I don;t know how I feel about TOM having a freaking machine gun. He seems way too laid back to be packing heat like that.

What do you guys think? Let them know and keep asking questions!

http://toonami.tumblr.com/page/2

Very interesting. Gonna have to follow the tumblr. Also, I find it very awesome that someone has an avatar of Robot Jones. I swear that show is obscure as hell and not too many people saw it yet it was aired during the great times of CN. I miss watching it. Anyways, I will be watching GXP. I love tenchi in all forms. I am not very nit picky anyways. Also Anime News Network is cool for news regarding anime but there forums are ass anyways. If its not Kawaii desu weaboo bullshit its not cool or whatever. Freaking stupid.

Edited by Urban Flow

I actually remembered seeing that show when it was still airing and i was so happy that CN put him in the poster and music video that in celebration, I made him my avatar. I remembered loving that show like hell.

Anyway, we have ratings for Novemeber 3rd.

12:00am - Bleach - 1,110,000

12:30am - Samurai 7 - 908,000

1:00am - Casshern Sins - 807,000

1:30am - Eureka 7 - 756,000

2:00am - Sym-Bionic Titan - 773,000

2:30am - Thundercats - 726,000

3:00am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 585,000

3:30am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 528,000

4:00am - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 447,000

4:30am - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 407,000

5:00am - Cowboy Bebop - 380,000

5:30am - Cowboy Bebop - 454,000

Apparently none for Inuyasha yet.

Someone mentioned this on Youtube. It's a promo from the Moltar era and the narration sounds like Howard Parker, the current one. if it is him, then damn, this guy's literally been near the beginning and now during the present of Toonami's run. I knew he did some stuff for the Spirited Away promo but I sure didn't know he went back to the damn Moltar era. Holy crap. I wonder how Howard felt about returning to do more Toonami stuff.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP GUYS!

On the official tumblr, someone asked if we will see anymore of TOM 4 this month.

Their answer was "Tune in tonight!".

Holy crap holy crap holy crap! TOM 4 and TOM 3.5 reviewing Halo 4 together? Or something else? Just yay continuity!

tumblr_m9qv45sFOk1r6m94xo2_1280.jpg

Oh TOM 4, I'm the only one who really appreciates you. You're welcome in my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Borderlands 2 Review.

You can actually see that it's Jason DeMarco playing it because you can see his gamertag.

I'm probably in the minority here, but... I'm slowly getting bored of new Toonami :< None of the shows interest me now.

Edited by Noel Vermillion
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are you fucking serious, a two month break of Bleach? It's bad enough the show is shit, but now we gotta sit through reruns again, and again and again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt we're getting reruns of Bleach. The staff on the official tumblr have been tight lipped on what'a going to be in during the Bleach hiatus and they day there is even going to be a promo for it. One person even commented that from their responses it's good to guess that we aren't just getting reruns of Bleach. they responded with "Don’t “guess.” Just wait! smile.png". They say they have some "surprises" in the meantime.

And I have to say, I'm the direct opposite of Noel. I was getting out of Toonami for a bit but recently I have really gotten back in to it.

Oh and as for the schedule, remember the staff keeps saying to NEVER trust the schedule. It can be wrong. They also admit to putting false things on there to throw people off.

And I have to say, I'm the direct opposite of Noel. I was getting out of Toonami for a bit but recently I have really gotten back in to it.

I guess it doesn't help when I've already seen 3/4 of waht they're airing on tv already. Except Tenchi GXP... why Tenchi GXP, and not Universe, Funimation has the rights to it dammit they could have gotten that without a hitch D:<