Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

It's funny to me about this Eva movie:

I've been ahead of those of you who haven't seen it, as I've already finished Eva 2.22 around a year ago and waiting on the english dub of Eva 3.33. (I cannot watch any kind of Eva in Japanese, I'm sorry. It's just one of those animes that I find better in english.)

But you may like the new Eva even more than the originals because the new animations are SOO much better this time around. And wait til you see the Angels, as they look even MORE like eldritch abominations than they did in the originals; Ramiel, for example, is even more amazing as it constantly changes shape in it's attack patterns. Here's a sample for you guys if you want to know what I'm talking about.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Toonami sucked ass last night. Hopefully they never do that again. I wanted to watch Soul Eater and not some silly mecha movie.

Edited by Vampfox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Toonami sucked ass last night. Hopefully they never do that again. I wanted to watch Soul Eater and not some silly mecha movie.

Well that was a childish comment, you should've kept that to yourself or at least worded it better.

• Thumbs Up 8

Ramiel, for example, is even more amazing as it constantly changes shape in it's attack patterns. Here's a sample for you guys if you want to know what I'm talking about.

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. I wasn't expecting a freaking SNES Starfox boss to look so awesome and yet be kinda creepy at the same time. 

I gotta say, I really had a blast watching Evangelion last night. Hope it did well enough so that the sequels will be shown, I'm pretty interested. 

Edited by MAYHEM!

I also really enjoyed watching this film last night. I don't know much about these Rebuild movies, except that there's a 3rd one that was recently released a couple of months ago. Did they announce whether the 2nd and 3rd movies will be dubbed?

Edited by canderson

Toonami can't win everyone over, and Evangelion is one of the most popular mecha anime in existence. Doesn't seem like you actually gave it a chance. :\ 

I tried to watch it, but I kind of got bored, I've seen the movie several times already, and can watch it whenever I want on Bluray. But 2.22 definitely picks up the pace if you thought this one was dull.

Edited by Noel the Gunslinger

Does anybody think that character design in anime is becoming too generic? I kinda notice this alot, but something that really brought it to light when when I saw this image comparing HOTD and SAO and how the 2 main characters from both shows looked just like each other but older looking haha. Kinda strange but I do think creativity is lacking. Not for all anime, stuff like Soul Eater & Yu Yu Hakusho I could definitely tell apart, but I think this applies to more modern anime. I think toonami, just shows off shows with much better art styles than typical anime if you ask me.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 2

I can see what you're saying, I notice it all the time. Not a lot of effort goes into character design, I mean you can only create so many different highschool children in school uniforms xD. To be serious for a second, I think character design is becoming so generic nowadays, even down to the stories. Its rather funny how one show that does great telling one story another one with similar plot comes along the next season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I notice that. The ones that really draw my attention are the ones with different design; it's what made me such a huge fan of One Piece.

• Thumbs Up 5

from what little bit I saw, I really enjoyed the Evagelion movie. too bad my internet decided to be a pain in the ass and cut off in the middle of it, though. =__= if anyone knows where I could find the same movie in subs so I can watch the rest of it, shoot me a PM.

Edited by Death the Kid

Yeah, I notice that. The ones that really draw my attention are the ones with different design; it's what made me such a huge fan of One Piece.

I've seen one piece like hella years ago, maybe an episode or 2 (well actually I saw the one where there is a rapping intro) Would you recommend? So I ask this because I totally forgot anything related to one piece besides what the opening states.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's one of the best Shonen anime series out there, with the right balance of comedy and action. It's REALLY long, though (sure you know that). So if you start it, be ready for one hell of a marathon. It's known that the 3 big Shonen titles (One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach) are all trying to be the next Dragon Ball; the creators implied as much. One Piece actually lives up to that, more specifically the original children arcs in my opinion. More adventure, less screaming at each other for episodes on end.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 2

Does anybody think that character design in anime is becoming too generic? I kinda notice this alot, but something that really brought it to light when when I saw this image comparing HOTD and SAO and how the 2 main characters from both shows looked just like each other but older looking haha. Kinda strange but I do think creativity is lacking. Not for all anime, stuff like Soul Eater & Yu Yu Hakusho I could definitely tell apart, but I think this applies to more modern anime. I think toonami, just shows off shows with much better art styles than typical anime if you ask me.

Anime character design is still vivid and different enough to stand out, the only problem is a lot of the mainstream shows everyone watches are kind of ass so their characters are ass too.

YuYu Hakusho and Soul Eater are good examples of great designs. HOTD and SAO are great examples of ass designs. For other different anime you can look at stuff like Shingeki No Kyojin... I'd like to give you more examples but I'm on a retro manga kick at the moment.

It's funny to me about this Eva movie:

I've been ahead of those of you who haven't seen it, as I've already finished Eva 2.22 around a year ago and waiting on the english dub of Eva 3.33. (I cannot watch any kind of Eva in Japanese, I'm sorry. It's just one of those animes that I find better in english.)

But you may like the new Eva even more than the originals because the new animations are SOO much better this time around. And wait til you see the Angels, as they look even MORE like eldritch abominations than they did in the originals; Ramiel, for example, is even more amazing as it constantly changes shape in it's attack patterns. Here's a sample for you guys if you want to know what I'm talking about.

I agree that the CGI looks better on the angels, as it adds a lot to the horror style appeal of them to begin with, but I'm not entirely sold on the new animation for the EVAs themselves.

This isn't to shit on Rebuild, it's still a great looking set of movies, but the original series and films had some of the best looking mech animation ever, so it's hard to live up to that standard, especially when the old stuff was all meticulously hand drawn

Anime character design is still vivid and different enough to stand out, the only problem is a lot of the mainstream shows everyone watches are kind of ass so their characters are ass too.

YuYu Hakusho and Soul Eater are good examples of great designs. HOTD and SAO are great examples of ass designs. For other different anime you can look at stuff like Shingeki No Kyojin... I'd like to give you more examples but I'm on a retro manga kick at the moment.I agree that the CGI looks better on the angels, as it adds a lot to the horror style appeal of them to begin with, but I'm not entirely sold on the new animation for the EVAs themselves.

This isn't to shit on Rebuild, it's still a great looking set of movies, but the original series and films had some of the best looking mech animation ever, so it's hard to live up to that standard, especially when the old stuff was all meticulously hand drawn

Tch, Remz not mentioning Penguindrum... you should be ashamed. I think part of the reason why I'm having trouble following the recent anime seasons is because there really isn't anything I'd call original out there. And I like HOTD for all the reasons it was made, ass and tits.

Also:

572317-kirito_smiles_crop_large.png

Muv-Luv_Alternative_Total_Eclipse_-_04_H

500px-Hotd08m372.JPG

Tch, Remz not mentioning Penguindrum... you should be ashamed. I think part of the reason why I'm having trouble following the recent anime seasons is because there really isn't anything I'd call original out there. And I like HOTD for all the reasons it was made, ass and tits.

Also:

572317-kirito_smiles_crop_large.png

Muv-Luv_Alternative_Total_Eclipse_-_04_H

500px-Hotd08m372.JPG

I don't exactly call Penguindrum recent though it is damn awesome. But I guess the blurays are coming out now right?

as for those other faces, blurgh. I call this shitty design trend the Kira Yamato effect  God knows why plainface dudes are so popular

YuYu Hakusho and Soul Eater are good examples of great designs. HOTD and SAO are great examples of ass designs. For other different anime you can look at stuff like Shingeki No Kyojin... I'd like to give you more examples but I'm on a retro manga kick at the moment.I agree that the CGI looks better on the angels, as it adds a lot to the horror style appeal of them to begin with, but I'm not entirely sold on the new animation for the EVAs themselves.

Agreed. Hunter X Hunter is indeed awesome (manga and anime)

I agree that the CGI looks better on the angels, as it adds a lot to the horror style appeal of them to begin with, but I'm not entirely sold on the new animation for the EVAs themselves.

What's wrong with the new animation for the EVAs? My eyes aren't really picky enough to see an issue with it.

Good times, huh? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...