Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Well this kinda bums me out. I was using the usual slot as a way to catch up on old school Naruto since it's been so long since I watched the original. Not quite ready to jump to Shippuden (they didn't even introduce Itachi yet). I guess I'll have to find a way to finish the series during December's movie marathon or whatever they're doing with it. :/

Damnit I was going to post that...

So yeah, Naruto Shippuden Uncut is coming to Toonami, sweet. but Im gonna miss the not-totally-dying moaning.

The not-totally dying moaning? What do you mean by that? o.O

On the Disney XD versions of Naruto Shippuden, the resorted to 4kids level editing for some episodes to air including corpses having moaning sounds (I.E. Only being "Injured" and not dead).

I'm sure you can find the DXD variants on youtube.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish they aired this on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block four years ago, when the English dub first debuted. =(

Not sure if I care to watch this now.

Wait, what?! They're doing away with the uncut Naruto?  I never had the chance to see it when I was younger, so its totally new to me. Now they're jumping to Shippuden? Theres no way I'll catch up in time...

Does anyone know where you can watch Naruto Uncut online? Does Crunchyroll have it?

I guess, just to all of you watching Naruto the first time, avoid "filler hell" at all costs.

So to move on to another Topic, SAO. Last week felt like it was over and yet I heard it still continues, true?

Wait, what?! They're doing away with the uncut Naruto?  I never had the chance to see it when I was younger, so its totally new to me. Now they're jumping to Shippuden? Theres no way I'll catch up in time...

Does anyone know where you can watch Naruto Uncut online? Does Crunchyroll have it?

Crunchyroll does in fact have Naruto (both original and Shippuden) but I'm not sure if that has the English dub or not though. Also you'll need a premium membership to watch it too, blargh... If you're like me and you don't want to pay for that, the entire series is on Hulu (and Viz too last time I checked) though for free. The only catch is that it's only available subbed.

I'm sure there are other sites to watch it in English, but I've been spoiled by Uncut and pretty much every single site I've gone to that has it in English is the old Cartoon Network edited version sadly. Edited is still pretty good, but it's still nice to have those little details that they couldn't have before due to censors.

Also regarding filler (and what goku said), use this for reference. After the Saskue Retrieval Arc, the series completely dies. Don't watch the filler, it's terrible and made me give up on the series. Plus trying to watch all 170 remaining episodes in one month is ridiculous. without the filler it's reduced to 81.

Edited by Goldenlink64

I guess, just to all of you watching Naruto the first time, avoid "filler hell" at all costs.

So to move on to another Topic, SAO. Last week felt like it was over and yet I heard it still continues, true?

Yea, SAO has an entire second season to go through....with questionable quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, passed out. couldn't be asked to stay up to watch this season.

Anyways I heard that there was issues with Direct TV users last night when the Review aired, so here:

Huh, I thought they would at least got off at the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the Final Valley before cutting off Uncut Naruto, but whatever.

Huh, I thought they would at least got off at the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the Final Valley before cutting off Uncut Naruto, but whatever.

There's like 2-3 more arcs before that point, I'm not surprised.

Remember how Toonami said that during the month of December they would show some movies? Well they released the list today!

Hey #toonami faithful! We’re back with some more good news. This December, Toonami will have a whole MONTH of movies to ring in the holidays! We’ll release the full air schedule soon, but for now, here are the GREAT movies we’ll be airing:

12/7- AKIRA- Yup. The most influential anime film of all time is coming to Toonami and kicking off a month of movies. That promo will be something to see, we’re tellin’ ya. By the way, the 25th anniversary remastered Blu-Ray was just released by our friends at Funimation, and man. It’s gorgeous.

12/14- SUMMER WARS- directed by Mamoru Hosoda, this modern classic is something we’ve had our eye on for a while. We think you’ll love it!

12/21- FULL METAL ALCHEMIST- THE CONQUEROR OF SHAMBALLA- FMA fans know how great this gem is. And so do we. Produced by Bones, the same studio who will be bringing you SPACE DANDY in January!

12/28- TRIGUN: BADLAND RUMBLE- Trigun is back where he belongs on Adult Swim, in a special one off adventure.

And that’s not all! We’ll also be doing a TOONAMI T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY for the whole month of December, AND you might see some interesting things happening with TOM and the Absolution!

Okay that’s all… for THIS week! Like we said, more details to come, and we hope you’re as excited about this holiday season as we are!

xoxoxoxo

Love, the Toonami crew.

Aw man, can't wait to see Akira and Summer Wars again. Also FMA: Shamballa considering it being one of my first anime purchases. Trigun: BR I haven't seen yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Also I'm curious as to what the TOM/Absolution things are...

Edited by A.R.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard nothing but praise for the Akira film. Many people state how that movie set the standard for modern anime. 

For those who've seen the film, does Akira deserve all of the praise it gets?

I'm really looking forward to checking it out next month.

Interested in checking out Akira and Summer Wars. Hear nothing but praise for both. Mostly excited for that Trigun movie since I'm a fan of Trigun, and sadly never got around to buying the movie and watching it. FMA movie...meh... Still need to finish Brotherhood (and I know that movie suppose to wrap up the original FMA anime.)

And Toonami really does seem to be getting better and better. At least to me. (Hope we get a Month of Miyazaki month again~)

I actually watched the trigun movie on netflix like a week before this announcement and I really liked it. Too bad I can't watch toonami for these other movies though (haven't had cable for like 2 or 3 months). Does toonami have a site that streams the newest episodes on their current anime, I know about the one that streams some of their old stuff but I have no idea if there is one for the new.

I actually watched the trigun movie on netflix like a week before this announcement and I really liked it. Too bad I can't watch toonami for these other movies though (haven't had cable for like 2 or 3 months). Does toonami have a site that streams the newest episodes on their current anime, I know about the one that streams some of their old stuff but I have no idea if there is one for the new.

I got a person. PM me.

I like all that list except FMA: Shamballa. why the first series ending movie? why not the second series movie?

Edited by goku262002

I got a person. PM me.

I like all that list except FMA: Shamballa. why the first series ending movie? why not the second series movie?

Yeah, that's bugging the hell out of me. They're not even showing FMA Original (which I haven't watched more than 12 episodes of), and the movie is practically based on a different timeline compared to Brotherhood so I'm not sure if I'll be able to follow it...

Shambala being called a "gem" is so WTF to me. But I think the main reason I didn't like it it because I'ma  massive fanboy for the manga so yeeee. I'm not sure how a normal person would react to that movie. The other films they're showing are really good though. 

Shambala is literally the 1st series ending, if you watch it not only are you not going to make heads or tails of it but you will blow every plot twist the 1st series set up. 

Shambala being called a "gem" is so WTF to me. But I think the main reason I didn't like it it because I'ma  massive fanboy for the manga so yeeee. I'm not sure how a normal person would react to that movie. The other films they're showing are really good though.

Good! someone who finally read the FMA manga, so you can answer this then. is it true that even though FMAB followed the manga's storyline it still ended differently then the manga version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiT1Bee6GYA

"Maybe in this anonymous computer age, some of us have forgotten what it's like to be...human."

• Thumbs Up 1