Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

You may have noticed that I was calling them series, not seasons.

Unlike most shows, the arcs end cleanly at the end of each season with only a sequel hook left lying around (which unless they revisit the show for a third season down the road isn't going to happen). You can actually completely skip the first season and jump straight into the second and not get lost at all, although I don't recommend you do.

Hey hey hey, I finished EoE guys!

.........I need to go lie down now.

And then you watch Rebuild and your brain explodes from awesomeness!

Anyways: After MONTHS of holding off for some reason, I finally caught up to Fairy Tail. Episode 105's final part was epic as fuck!

Anyways: After MONTHS of holding off for some reason, I finally caught up to Fairy Tail. Episode 105's final part was epic as fuck!

I do wish the manga would pick up, this time skip thing isn't necessarily bad but its taking a while to get to the good stuff.

And then you get to wait years for them to make the next movie!

3.33 will be released in Japanese theaters next year, which means the year after it will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in Japan, which means it will get licensed a few months after the Japanese release, which means the year after it will see a local release with dub and stuff. So fear not guys we will see an official release of Eva 3.33... in... 2014... Whooooooo.

The Eva films should be all out in English in 2013 assuming they stay on schedule.

Personally I want an entire Anime Series just like Episode 25/26 of Evangelion. Can the Human Mind be examined that much tough?

How is a comic about a dating sim obsessed nerd seducing women so goddamn gripping.

Have you just started reading or are you at the latest chapter? Because the latest chapter was like looking at a shiny new mirror, nice, shiny and pretty and then it just shatters into tiny little pieces.

Oh yes, I'm talking about the newest chapter.

I don't understand this comic. It's like, with this premise, it should've either crashed and burned or got real creepy real fast (or both). But not only did it not do that, but it's actually really good.

Each week lately I've found myself more excited for another 15ish pages of TWGOK than 20-some minutes of superpowered legendary heroes duking it out (although that's good too).

As it showed up in the mail this morning, I had to fix up my PC to play Blu-Rays properly again. Two hours of fiddling with software later I finally got it going wondering if it was all worth it.

Then I watched about a minute of Redline in 1080p.

Yes it was.

This film is immense. :D

Oh yes, I'm talking about the newest chapter.

I don't understand this comic. It's like, with this premise, it should've either crashed and burned or got real creepy real fast (or both). But not only did it not do that, but it's actually really good.

Each week lately I've found myself more excited for another 15ish pages of TWGOK than 20-some minutes of superpowered legendary heroes duking it out (although that's good too).

That's TWGOK for you, I first saw this in anime form and thought it was stupid, then I started reading the manga and got hooked. It took a path I didn't expect, at first I thought it was going to be another monster of the week fest but thankfully it's actually fleshed out a plot.

And I forgot Hollywood was going make a Death Note movie... not much hope for it, they wanted to take out Ryuk... the writer had to fight to keep him in, wtf?

Edited by Silencer226

A certain Shonen manga is getting a Tournament arc...after a training arc.

Also decided to catch up on Durarara, and holy shit, do things get deep.

*See's Fairy Tail has new chapter updated* *clicks* *hopes it's not Fairy Tail* *Reads* GODDAMMIT!... I hate training arcs...

Oh definitely, and after I', done with the anime series I might watch Baccano jjust out of curiosity.

I watched the first 3 eps of Baccano and it was awesome because 1930s and trains and mobsters and people with healing factors

i need to keep remembering to watch this show.

Sooooo Katanagatari.

Despite being interested in the series since it was first airing in Japan last year, I only managed to watch the first episode just a few hours ago. It was overall good, but was very dialogue heavy (although it was usually interesting) and seemed to be unnecessarily padded out, but as far as introductory episodes go, this was nothing bad. That all said, I'm quite eager to see what's to come. From what I've heard, the pacing gets a better later on, so that's nice.

I also must say that fuuuuck, this show's art style is really, really striking. The characters somehow manage to look simple yet intricate, plain yet dynamic, and their colors just pop out of the screen. Me like.

And oh hey more Dragon Ball animu is comin'. It's gonna be about Bardok, Goku's pop. I guess that's pretty rad.

Edited by HotGirlOnInternet

Sooooo Katanagatari.

Despite being interested in the series since it was first airing in Japan last year, I only managed to watch the first episode just a few hours ago. It was overall good, but was very dialogue heavy (although it was usually interesting) and seemed to be unnecessarily padded out, but as far as introductory episodes go, this was nothing bad. That all said, I'm quite eager to see what's to come. From what I've heard, the pacing gets a better later on, so that's nice.

Edited by Silencer226

Sooooo Katanagatari.

I also must say that fuuuuck, this show's art style is really, really striking. The characters somehow manage to look simple yet intricate, plain yet dynamic, and their colors just pop out of the screen. Me like.

And oh hey more Dragon Ball animu is comin'. It's gonna be about Bardok, Goku's pop. I guess that's pretty rad.

Oh cool. I really liked the Bardock movie, so seeing a prequel of sorts to the DB series as a whole should be interesting.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the entire series has ever been fansubbed. I could never find any rips of the English dub, either. I really regret not watching the entire run when it aired in the US.

I've seen what appear to be Malaysian bootlegs on sale at some online shops, so maybe some rips of that exist somewhere, if you don't mind iffy translations.

Yeah the heavy dialogue in Katanagatari isn't going to go anywhere at all, but I personally liked it. I agree the visuals in the show are something else, which was actually my main reason for buying it.

I see. Well, like I said, as long as the dialogue stays interesting most of the time, that's not much of an issue.

Don't know if anyone answered this, but something like this should be answered. I believe that the whole series has never been fansubbed and the episodes that were weren't done very well. The best bet is to watch the english episodes. I found the english voices to be better myself.

I know that I could simply watch the dub, and the dvds are really cheap here, but considering that the localization changed lots of dialogue/characterization, all the music, and has a smaller aspect ratio, I'd rather just wait for somebody to finish fansubbing the original.

iirc I think someone on a big Astro Boy forum is working on fansubbing the series, so hopefully it'll be available uncensored really soon.