Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So I saw the Fairy Tail dub, I like Natsu, Happy would be alright if they put more energy into it, that was the weakest "Aye" ever, Rie Kugimiya wins this role imo. Lucy was tolerable. I want to see what everyone else will sound like next, specifically Erza *drools*.

Edited by Silencer226

@Silencer: Your opinions are invalid simply because...because...because http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gg47Xblo8, so nyaah!

But eh, guess the retro designs aren't everyone's cuppa tea. I adore them to pieces, personally.

Oh balls, just realized I forgot that the Hunter x Hunter remake recently started airing. Think I'm gonna watch that asap. Gotta occupy the time while I await the airing/fansubbing of the Persona 4 anime.

Genesis of Next is one of my favorite anime songs of all time. In short, it basically laid the foundation to my taste in music when I first heard it.

Oh wow, the TV version has different lyrics from the full version.

Bit late, but it's cool that 009 is getting a movie, liked that as a kid.

Though I'm really not liking the CG style. Looks more like what you would expect from the videogame version of it than the actual production.

Woo, this week's GinTama had the series feeling the most 'GinTama-like' it has in a while. Not to say any of the recent run of episodes has been bad by any means, but I think the fact a lot of the immediate secondary cast have had relatively little screentime since the series came back in April has made it feel like something's been a bit missing. Comedy as a genre is always prone to being hit-and-miss, and between the serious story arcs and some stories that come off as more weird than funny, this is the first time in a while it's felt like they've pitched the silliness at just the right tone. :)

SKET Dance again was brilliant as usual, too. Ramen-cooling head was freaking hilarious. XD

Naruto anime is still stuck in godawful filler hell, and whilst the new opening didn't bode well for the canon plot coming back any time soono, we at least got a glimpse of Naruto's haxmode in the new ending, so maybe there is a chance of the canon plot coming back sometime within the next three months. Who knows? Although that said, the way they've been handling the canon plot lately has been almost as painful as the filler, anyway.

It used to bug me in the 009 dub how character's names were pronounced like zero zero nine zero zero one etc, such a mouthful!

that's about it. Designs I always thought were cool, Movie looks okay, but I'm still not really a fan of japans CGI anime look... don't think they've nailed it yet. Didn't like it in appleseed, still don't like it now

I am trying to remember when did I see 009 because it seems too damn familiar yet I can't recall anything about it.

I did the unthinkable and looked at the anime news network just to see if there is anything interesting coming this fall.

I feel dirty and there is nothing of terrible intrigue arriving.

I am trying to remember when did I see 009 because it seems too damn familiar yet I can't recall anything about it.

I did the unthinkable and looked at the anime news network just to see if there is anything interesting coming this fall.

I feel dirty and there is nothing of terrible intrigue arriving.

Shows I've seen from the Fall Season:

Phi Brain-Not bad, could turn out to be an interesting anime based around puzzles, at first I thought "lol Yugioh", but then I'm glad it wasn't. Of course it could indeed go down a boring path...

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!- Must watch show of the season, I mean shit, it's like the only show I've ver seen where I immediately don't know wtf is going on why shit is hppening or who the fuck the charactersa re for that matter... I'm serious, this anime is that shitty.

BokuTomo-I've read some of the manga, it's not good or bad but decent, somewhat humorous in some aspects.

C^3-Boy gets cube, cube turns into naked loli overnight, panty shots, panty shots, panty shots, cliched jokes "lol I put too much detergent in the wash", relies on moe cuteness factor at the moment, yawn.

Fate/Zero-Slow episode (slow hour episode) but I pray and hope this will be a good ass anime, so far the animation looks splendid and if you liked Fate/Stay Night you more than likely are going to watch this shit.

Squid Girl-I love this so much.

Mashiro-Iro Symphony-BORING... harem... BORING

Shakugan no Shana III Final-I am a fan of this series so of course I'll like it, hoping it trumps the last season which was decent at best. Final season please go out with a bang. This season starts assuming you've seen the first two so yeah, if you haven't seen the previous seasons of it or don't like it anyway don't bother.

Edit: Ah good news for me, I just realized Mawaru Penguindrum is actually a 24 episode series, there is something else worth watching biggrin.png

Edited by Silencer226

Might wanna check out Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), it involves a young boy who spent most of his time writing in a diary about his daily life, however when a god by the name of Deus Ex Machina, whom the boy thought was an imaginary being he created gives him his Future Diary things begin to take a turn for the worst. To Deus it is simply a game of sport, but for the boy it's hell as he a long with 12 other future diary holders compete to be the last one standing and obtain the throne of Deus. If the diary is lost or destroyed so are their lives. He has one good thing going for him, a loyal (stalker), friendly (psychopath) girl has dedicated herself to protecting him.

The game has already begun with the first episode, involving a serial killer. What makes the diary such a dangerous weapon and at the same time a weakness is that anyone of the diary holders can change someones future to fit their needs. Everyone is at someones mercy, kill or be killed if you will. I have read some of the manga, and I am looking forward to the rest of the anime adaptation.

Edited by Silencer226

Future Diary has one of the most disappointing second halves and endings to any manga series I have ever read. It started out with an interesting premise, but starting from a certain point, every single thing that happened was like watching a trainwreck of the demigods. And I do mean everything.

Future Diary has one of the most disappointing second halves and endings to any manga series I have ever read. It started out with an interesting premise, but starting from a certain point, every single thing that happened was like watching a trainwreck of the demigods. And I do mean everything.

Edited by Silencer226

So I noticed they've actually released Strike Witches in the EU.

Any good?

So I noticed they've actually released Strike Witches in the EU.

Any good?

Loli fanservice show, if you're into the sort of thing by all means it's all yours. The fights would be kind of cool, if you didn't have to spend them staring at the rear end of jail bait.

Personally, I'd skip it.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Naruto manga is awesome.

Kishi found his groove back.

Nothing of interest to watch at the moment. I am waiting for the next Gainax production if not Watanbe.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what makes me angry about buying anime is when it gets released censored... Recently ran into that problem with Mardock Scramble, which I knew was going to have some pretty disturbing scenes from reading the novel but didn't expect them to actually censor the anime release...

The Naruto manga is awesome.

Kishi found his groove back.

Nothing of interest to watch at the moment. I am waiting for the next Gainax production if not Watanbe.

Indeed, Jump in general was good this week which is rare.

Sooooo Persona 4 The Animation. Really enjoying it so far.

Episode 1 was decent. I didn't really care that things were so rushed in the first episode, nor that the Protagonist's awakening was earlier/different. I think that people complaining honestly forgot how boring the first few hours of the game were. Most of the main plot points were brought up, and it was oh so satisfying to see Narukami's rape face, followed by Izanagi kicking some Shadow ass.

The art was rather derptastic at times, but eh, wasn't bad enough to make me stop watching. Also, I was surprised that the game's original soundtrack is being used, I was expecting remixes. Not sure if I'm disappointed or glad.

Oh, and like everyone, I squeed when I saw the weather forecast screen and the status screen.

Episode 2 was fantastic. Not much was snipped out, the art was a lot more on-model, and the boss fight was pretty much perfect (FUCK YES BEST ACCIDENT EVER!). Really liking how they're handling the Protagonist's characterization so far. He's silent enough that it isn't polarizing to those who played the game, yet talks enough and has enough personality to not look odd compared to the rest of the cast.

Here's hoping things stay this good!

As for other stuff I'm watching, I watched the first episode of the new Hunter X Hunter anime last week. Apparently it's a lot more faithful to the manga than the older anime (which I never watched), and yeah... It's pretty faithful lol. Can't wait until Hisoka debuts.

Still gotta watch Gundam Age and Guilty Crown, among other things. This season looks like it's going to be rather good for me.

I actually thought the soundtrack/general visual styling in persona 4 was excellent... but i wasn't eyeing the animation that closely to pick out flaws.

A couple of the music cues really made me smile, brought back fond memories of the game.

Ahh, so Kishi finally reveals what a lot of us have been suspecting for quite some time.

Tobi isn't Madara at all. After discussing it with my brother, we think Tobi is most likely Madara's younger brother. Having him be Obito or Shisui would make little sense.

I mean, how else would he know so much about Madara, enough to impersonate him? On top of that, he made some rather odd gestures (gripping his arm tightly) which the series made a point of showing, when talking about how Madara's younger brother 'willingly gave up his eyes'.

If you think about it, that's a bit of a loophole in itself; you SEE Madara take his brother's eyes in desperation. It's hardly like he consented. And at the same time, a person would hardly die from having their eyes taken. Chances are, he survived and is now just pissed off at everything.

Ahh, so Kishi finally reveals what a lot of us have been suspecting for quite some time.

Tobi isn't Madara at all. After discussing it with my brother, we think Tobi is most likely Madara's younger brother. Having him be Obito or Shisui would make little sense.

I mean, how else would he know so much about Madara, enough to impersonate him? On top of that, he made some rather odd gestures (gripping his arm tightly) which the series made a point of showing, when talking about how Madara's younger brother 'willingly gave up his eyes'.

If you think about it, that's a bit of a loophole in itself; you SEE Madara take his brother's eyes in desperation. It's hardly like he consented. And at the same time, a person would hardly die from having their eyes taken. Chances are, he survived and is now just pissed off at everything.

And we can know say without a doubt that everything hes been saying up until now has been complete and utter bullshit and that hes totally using Sasuske, you might be right about him being Madara's younger brother though.

And we can know say without a doubt that everything hes been saying up until now has been complete and utter bullshit and that hes totally using Sasuske, you might be right about him being Madara's younger brother though.

I didn't know you liked anime. Didn't see that coming o.o

I just watched the first episode of Guilty Crown, since the hype it's been getting attracted my attention. It's been dubbed "Code Geass done better", since the main character gains a great power after meeting a hot mysterious girl, and then he seeks to free a suppressed Japan, among other things. If the first episode is an indicator... sure, I guess that title sorta fits to an extent.

Let's briefly mention the good stuff. The production values are certainly satisfying. The animation is great, the character designs are attractive, the mecha designs actually seem practical, the setting atmosphere look great, and the music is bitchin'. I might just keep watching if the rest of the series looks/sounds this good.

Not so good stuff: Hints of racism, xenophobia, even. Basically: A big virus hits Japan, the rest of the world comes in to get everything under control. This wouldn't be be bad if they didn't tear away the Japanese people's independence. Basically, every foreigner shown so far has been corrupt cruel to the Japanese, the morality is all black and white. Case in point: She meets a big black dude in the street. What's his way of greeting the lad? Trying to steal the kawaii mascot resistance's robot (thinking that it's a grill) and to try and slap Shu's shit when he refuses.

And... yeah, I guess there's other complaints. Shu was being a bit of a puss, and there's really not much originality in the premise, but honestly, they felt insignificant to the feeling I got in my gut with the whole xenophobic vibe. Maybe they'll get better with the portrayal of other races as it goes on.

Overall, episode 1 wasn't too terrible, though. It was a bit bland and made Japan seem like it thinks the rest of the world are pricks... but man oh man was it pretty. I'm going to give it a few more episodes before passing final judgement.

I just watched the first episode of Guilty Crown, since the hype it's been getting attracted my attention. It's been dubbed "Code Geass done better", since the main character gains a great power after meeting a hot mysterious girl, and then he seeks to free a suppressed Japan, among other things. If the first episode is an indicator... sure, I guess that title sorta fits to an extent.

Let's briefly mention the good stuff. The production values are certainly satisfying. The animation is great, the character designs are attractive, the mecha designs actually seem practical, the setting atmosphere look great, and the music is bitchin'. I might just keep watching if the rest of the series looks/sounds this good.

Not so good stuff: Hints of racism, xenophobia, even. Basically: A big virus hits Japan, the rest of the world comes in to get everything under control. This wouldn't be be bad if they didn't tear away the Japanese people's independence. Basically, every foreigner shown so far has been corrupt cruel to the Japanese, the morality is all black and white. Case in point: She meets a big black dude in the street. What's his way of greeting the lad? Trying to steal the kawaii mascot resistance's robot (thinking that it's a grill) and to try and slap Shu's shit when he refuses.

And... yeah, I guess there's other complaints. Shu was being a bit of a puss, and there's really not much originality in the premise, but honestly, they felt insignificant to the feeling I got in my gut with the whole xenophobic vibe. Maybe they'll get better with the portrayal of other races as it goes on.

Overall, episode 1 wasn't too terrible, though. It was a bit bland and made Japan seem like it thinks the rest of the world are pricks... but man oh man was it pretty. I'm going to give it a few more episodes before passing final judgement.

Hmm... been wanting to check this one out, but haven't found the time to. I'll give it a watch, those complaints don't really bother me, something I could easily overlook, and for the record the mention of the black guy trying to still something thinking it's a grill is actually funny to me. From your description it doesn't really sound terrible to me. :\

I also want to check out Persona but I have never played the games so... I'd really like to get an understanding of the the series itself by playing the games before tackling the anime.