Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Looks like they got BANG ZOOM to do the Madoka dub. Christina Vee (Louise in the Familar Of Zero dub and Nanoha in the Magical Girl Nanoha dub) is Madoka, who I'm a fan of, but not sure if that's a role for her. Oh well, at least Ellen Wilkinson (Belldandy in the Ah! My Goddess Movie dub, Ryoko Asakura in the Haruhi dub) is in there as Madoka's one friend. Always happy to hear her. Although I was kind of hoping she'd play Mami.

Actually, Cristina Vee is voicing Homura. Christine Marie Cabanos, who voiced Squid Girl, is voicing Madoka. And yes, it's BANG ZOOM!.

Stupidly stupidly happy to hear that the rumours of old characters returning in Xros Wars Hunters are true, because hopefully that means we'll be seeing characters from other series than just the first (MASARU <3 <3).

I'm loving Xros Wars Hunters so far though, it seems a lot more robust than the first series so far, but then Digimon series that focus more on the real world tend to be more interesting than those set largely in the Digital World. Tagiru seems like a fun new lead and Gumdramon is pretty adorable. And oh god, that insert song <3.

That said, in my opinion the first Xros Wars series was a bit of a mess and rather 'meh' overall. Granted, it's too early to judge Hunters fairly just yet, but I'm liking these first 11 episodes more than I did the first 11 of the original Xros Wars.

Looks like they got BANG ZOOM to do the Madoka dub. Christina Vee (Louise in the Familar Of Zero dub and Nanoha in the Magical Girl Nanoha dub) is Madoka, who I'm a fan of, but not sure if that's a role for her. Oh well, at least Ellen Wilkinson (Belldandy in the Ah! My Goddess Movie dub, Ryoko Asakura in the Haruhi dub) is in there as Madoka's one friend. Always happy to hear her. Although I was kind of hoping she'd play Mami.

Christina Vee is Homu tongue.png, Christina Marie Cabanos (Squid Girl) is Madoka.

Edit: Oh, someone already pointed it out.

Edited by FrostySilencer

Huh... it sounded like Vee's "Nanoha" voice to me. I'm usually good at picking out dub voices.

Madoka dub cast looks like k-on dub cast... I normally don't mind the dubs but aaah, I think I'll stick to the OG voice tracks for this show.

I thought the dub voices for Madoka were... okay, but nothing special.

Anyway, I have a random urge to rewatch Japanese Digimon Adventure. I'm probably one of the only people on this forum who really doesn't have much attachment to the dub, even if it did get me into Digimon as a kid. It's not bad, but I just prefer the subtleties of the original version and the more serious tone, even if it still has its wacky moments.

Plus, Butter-fly is a kickass opening.

Tai in Digimon again?

take-all-my-money.jpg

Though Matt was always cooler.

And I personally really liked Data Squad.

Here's something that I've been curious about lately. If Nicktoons is going to start airing Dragonball GT, I have a question. No, not WHY?! That is too obvious. What I'm actually wondering about is, how? I know Dragonball GT almost immediately dumped all of the plot threads set up at the end of DBZ proper to go off and do its own (terrible) thing, but they were still there in the beginning few episodes of the show. Won't people be confused as hell going straight from Kai to GT when Kai left out an entire (and my personal favorite) arc of DBZ and that arc was responsible for most of the stuff GT was based on?

Edited by ChristmasJack

Anyone got any good recommendations that have a strong female lead and dubbed? I want something new to tide over any boredom I may have over the holidays.

Anyone got any good recommendations that have a strong female lead and dubbed? I want something new to tide over any boredom I may have over the holidays.

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode! I've watched the FUNimation dub (and subsequently the subbed version they also put up) on Youtube; it's probably one of the best ones I've seen so far. trust me, it's really worth it - its a show that deserves a lot more love than what it currently gets.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've resently been getting back into watching F Zero Falcon Densetsu. I still own the 3 box sets from 2004 but I never managed to get the 4th one and will never have the chance now. After having not watched it for many years, it's still a pretty good anime. The box sets I have do suffer from horrible english subtitles but some of them are so bad they are hilarious. "Heart splurge fire!"

I love the soundtrack for it. Why they never released one for it i'll never know. Yes some episodes suffer from some bad animation and the CGI has shown it's age, but the story and action still provide some fun entertainment. It starts slow but does get much better later on. One of the better video game based animes.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Whilst I don't like repeating myself and relinking things in the same thread, this thread is huge so: I definitely second the Birdy: the Mighty recommendation.

The opening for the second season gives you a good idea of the content and tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQk16uNhaNk

Both seasons combined total 25 episodes. Very good series, was a lot less popular worldwide than it should have been.

EDIT: Damn I've been crap with my choice of words recently. Clarified my language.

Edited by Velotix Festive-yule-again

I'd suggest Mardock Scramble, a 60 minute film about a young prostitute who was murdered and brought back to life by a doctor/scientist. It's a pretty graphic movie, but you'll probably like it, it's only a 60 minute film after all, couldn't hurt. There is a censored and uncensored version, go for the uncensored if you want the full feel of the movie. The character is not strong in the beginning but once she gains control of her powers and builds the confidence she turns into quite a character, if a bit scary, but that's to be expected from the psychological trauma she's been through (not including being turned into a prostitute at a very young age).

Note: The mentioned movie is an incomplete project, the other 2 haven't been released yet.

Edited by FrostySilencer

In regards to the latest Bakuman chapter...

cryforever.gif

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW~!!!!!! ;A; HIRAMARU, I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!

Edited by BlizzardJeffhog

After reading the most recent Fairy Tail chapter, I have confirmed that Mashima is using these past few chapters to learn the art of trolling and see how much he can get away with and how many readers can he still keep.

Naruto anime sucks. Naruto manga rules.

One Piece is great but too damn long.

Bleach continues to be a steaming pile of shit.

Durarara needs to hurry the fuck up and make a season 2.

Gainax needs to ditch this bullshit and get back to making anime about Giant Robots and Double Entendres.

I watched the RAW of Penguindrum 24 yesterday

..........I broke down crying like a bitch.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner ;;

So sad that Penguindrum has finally ended, there really is nothing left for me to be excited about watching anymore... It and Madoka are my top for the year guys, nothing else really caught my interest like those two.

On that note, the only shows I'm watching now is Shana Final, and Squid Girl which ends soon... *sigh*

And on the manga side of things, I finished Mardock Scramble volume 3, the anime movie was not this damn violent, damn I wish they animated this manga adaptation instead now. The first movie's shootout between Welldone and Balot was fucking short as hell...