Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So if nobody knows what the place is, Rightstuf is having a sale on certain anime until December 12th. Every day they revealed more deal, these are all good until the end of Monday.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000003065&ReturnTo=Main

Some interests may be:

-One Piece Collection 1 and 2 are $13.99 each

-Summer Wars Blu-Ray $13.99

-Soul Eater Full series on Blu-Ray for $44.99(Also available on DVD)

-Cromartie High School for $6.99

-Black Butler series for $36.99

-Mahoromantic series for $13.98

-Sgt. Frog Seasons 1-3 for $59.99(Bundle)

-Dragon Ball series for $54.99

-Azumanga Daioh for $19.99

-Disgaea Series $15.99

-Hetalia: Axis Wars bundle(First two seasons and the movie) $39.99

-FLCL $11.99

There are quite a lot more good deals there, but those are just some of the great deals there that should not be skipped out on.

asasgwqgwgwqggwggggggGgGasukahhdbdhdhdgd

>mfw Rebulid 2.0

Evangelion-Reismile.gif

Goddamn, that was fucking BADASS. I loved it, all of the character development towards everyone is a definite upgrade from the series, especially Rei in particular. Mai wunderbar waifu Asuka is even awesomer, Shinji grows some BALLZ, Pen-Pen still just being a kickass motherfucker etc. And Mari is totally awesome as well, dem glasses.

fucking please, number 3 now plox.

Might actually watch the movies if Shinji doesn't masturbate over comatosed girls...or would watch it just for that.

Might actually watch the movies if Shinji doesn't masturbate over comatosed girls...or would watch it just for that.

sadly there is no comatose girl fapping, disappointing.

yet,anyway. 3.0/4 plz deliver.

Edited by Jolly Jacky

Sorry for bumping but Winter 2012 list.

List

Most of it is stupid looking to me (moe space pirates, more moe... lolis), but I am looking forward to watching Another, the horror anime. Kyousogiga was a top contender for me to watch as well, but that was a one shot ONA... I really liked that art style... shame...

The K-ON movie has caught my interest, but none of the others looking to me unfortunately.

The K-ON movie has caught my interest, but none of the others looking to me unfortunately.

K-ON is one anime series I will never get into. Granted there are some moe shows I do like such as Lucky Star, but I prefer darker shows like Shiki, Ergo Proxy, etc...Shows with cool visuals also get my attention too like Katanagatari, lot's of talking but damn it looks good on blu-ray...

You should definitely check out the rebuild movies, even if its just for the visual updates. 2.22 was a thrill ride. And we haven't gotten to Shinji masturbating over dat ass.

Asuka, Asuka, Asuka... mmm... sorry what was the topic?

Edited by FrostySilencer

K-ON is one anime series I will never get into. Granted there are some moe shows I do like such as Lucky Star, but I prefer darker shows like Shiki, Ergo Proxy, etc...Shows with cool visuals also get my attention too like Katanagatari, lot's of talking but damn it looks good on blu-ray...

You should definitely check out the rebuild movies, even if its just for the visual updates. 2.22 was a thrill ride. And we haven't gotten to Shinji masturbating over dat ass.

Asuka, Asuka, Asuka... mmm... sorry what was the topic?

Can someone explain to me in simple terms what the Rebuild movies do in relation to the rest of the series?

Actually give you a reason to live.

More specifically, Rebuild serves as a semi reconstruction of the original series and actually manages to give the characters a more positive ending. I mean its still the same ole Eva, but its far less depressing than the original.

You may recall that I was asking for recommendations for shows to watch. Well there was one that kept coming up.

Slayers.

Oh, but it violates my 78 episode cap so I can'---

"Watch Slayers."

But it's too lo---

"You should totally watch Slayers."

But---

*loads shotgun* *buys entire series for your birthday*

So I got Slayers for my birthday last week.

Lisa Ortiz and Eric Stuart in one place. 90s moe-free animu. Quite the mixed bag on the face of it. :P

I assume on this one most people prefer the subs?

Man, I can't wait until Brain's Base ruins Christmas this year with Mawaru Penguindrum's ending. With how the show is going, it's gonna be very depressing.

Oh Lina why do you have such little fan-art compared to bitches like Yoko?

Yoko has two very good reason that Lina doesn't have, sad but true.

Can someone explain to me in simple terms what the Rebuild movies do in relation to the rest of the series?

complete reboot* with less emo and more badassery

or is it?

Edited by Jolly Jacky

tumblr_lw9uydvMfx1qd2mamo1_500.jpg

Taichi Yagami (Taichi Kamiya in English), the main character in the first Digimon Adventure television anime series, will return on January 8. However, he will appear as a new and powerful foe. Taichi was one of the DigiDestined who saved the Digital World before.

WHY

• Thumbs Up 3

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a good thing Tai is returning to Digimon. Much like how Sega created Sonic Generations, Tai’s appearance in Xros Wars is a clever way to get older fans interested in the show, to see how Digimon has evolved in recent years. This season, with its ‘time shift’ mechanic and casual use of dimension hoping, is the right setting for a few old school cameos. Besides, if the magazine rumours are indeed true, Xros Wars will eventually see the return of many other characters from Digimon’s past. That far from being random guest stars, these crossovers may in fact play a major part in Xros Wars developing plot.

Eh, I got discouraged watching the rest of Xros Wars after the first season because of complaints of how it's like Pokemon now and what not, and how the new lead is like Davis 2.0 or something like that, though I don't mind Davis and I like Adventure 02. Also, I don't understand the need for a sequel series/season for Xros Wars which I thought it would be good as a standalone season and have another season with something different.

Well, it’s always difficult to judge a new season, so far only eleven episodes have aired, while last season has already had fifty-four episodes to develop its characters and plot. But I will say that I’m glad to see that Xros Wars: Young Hunters exists at all. A seventh season of Digimon was never a certain thing; it is only because of Xros Wars relative success (I hear that the merchandise sold quite well) new episodes have been given the green-light. To that end, continuing with Xros Wars was a smart move, it allowed this season to start the very next week after season six ended. However, Young Hunters is different enough to stand on it’s own as a unique season. The show is set mainly in the Human World and instead of visiting the Digital World the characters ‘time shift’ to the Digiquartz, which strongly resembles some sort of post-apocalyptic future Earth. If anything, Young Hunters is like a blending of ideas from Adventure O2, Tamers and Savers; I think it’s a good concept with the potential to be a strong season of Digimon.

As for the new character Tagiru, it’s worth remembering that the relationship between the humans and their Digimon partners (Digimon Frontier non-withstanding) has always been a key part of the show. Young Hunters has devoted a huge amount of effort to developing Tagiru’s and Gumdramon’s relationship: so far the pair is constantly arguing but they are united by a desire to surpass Taiki and Shoutmon, last season’s heroes. I’ll admit Tagiru can be annoying but really he’s not that different to other hyperactive/overly-aggressive protagonists like Davis or Marcus. Right now people are probably being brushed the wrong way just because Tagiru’s getting so much screen time, I think that once his character is established we’ll see a better balance with the rest of the cast, that way Tagiru won’t seem so much in everyone’s face. On the other hand, I really like Gumdramon as a character; Gumdramon is smart and manipulative, if anything he seems to be the one in charge and not Tagiru. For a change I like how assertive Gumdramon is in contrast to many of the other Digimon, it’s an aspect of his character that I hope the writers expand upon in the future.

Edited by Kintor

Can anyone recommend a 20-30 episode action-adventure type anime series? I'm taking an intersession course next week, and I need something to take my time away from the class so I don't go insane. Now that Dragonball Z/Kai is finally starting to become stale for me I need something fresh.

Edited by Icy Wind

A quick short list of suggestions - note that you made no specific request as to the tone of the work:

Tiger and Bunny

Star Driver

That list is surprisingly short, probably because action-adventure is one of the most popular and broad genres in anime thus any good show in the genre will usually be well over 30 episodes long. Those two are notable exceptions.

Note that Star Driver is one of the most thoroughly inter-genre anime shows ever made but Humongous Mecha feature very heavily so it qualifies with gusto. Also, contrary to earlier warnings in this thread I enjoyed Star Driver's ending thoroughly. dealwithit.jpg

Tiger and Bunny, however, essentially feels like "the Japanese do the X-Men only downplaying the racism and prejudice angles in favour of critiquing commercial sponsorship instead". Very good series and it's a 2011 show which is why you may not have had chance to hear of it yet.

http://vimeo.com/33740013

3 sets, $74 each and this is what you get for a fucking dub... I'm still buying the limited edition sets because I loved the show but so far the dub doesn't sound horrible but they could have done much much better than this.

I think Madoka's english va is the worst, but meh, like Squid Girl I guess it will grow on me... de geso.

Edited by FrostySilencer

Looks like they got BANG ZOOM to do the Madoka dub. Christina Vee (Louise in the Familar Of Zero dub and Nanoha in the Magical Girl Nanoha dub) is Madoka, who I'm a fan of, but not sure if that's a role for her. Oh well, at least Ellen Wilkinson (Belldandy in the Ah! My Goddess Movie dub, Ryoko Asakura in the Haruhi dub) is in there as Madoka's one friend. Always happy to hear her. Although I was kind of hoping she'd play Mami.

Edited by Snatcher2047