Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I didn't know you liked anime. Didn't see that coming o.o

Well considering I spend half my time on the Internet, it was inevitable.

Anywho Fairy Tail:

.....Well...that was kind of rushed...so what exactly was the point of the timeskip? Especially since it effectively lasted two chapters? On the bright side none of the characters(At least the ones we care about) aged.

Shadic you keep beating me to the Fairy Tail news, hahaha.

Man, I thought that they would

Go on some epic adventure to find them, but that was incredibly short. I don't think I care too much, since I wanted them back, but I actually was expecting them to age, or have Romeo play a large part in finding them. That was... weird, especially after having freaked out for the past two weeks and not knowing whether the characters were alive, only for them to just come back fine and dandy.

Well considering I spend half my time on the Internet, it was inevitable.

Anywho Fairy Tail:

.....Well...that was kind of rushed...so what exactly was the point of the timeskip? Especially since it effectively lasted two chapters? On the bright side none of the characters(At least the ones we care about) aged.

Shadic you keep beating me to the Fairy Tail news, hahaha.

Man, I thought that they would

Go on some epic adventure to find them, but that was incredibly short. I don't think I care too much, since I wanted them back, but I actually was expecting them to age, or have Romeo play a large part in finding them. That was... weird, especially after having freaked out for the past two weeks and not knowing whether the characters were alive, only for them to just come back fine and dandy.

=/

I was hoping for them to age as well. With the current outcome the Timeskip it makes the timeskip feel a bit useless.

I think this was a big "Fuck you" to the shonen series lately because so many of them are doing time-skips. Hiro made it more unique and his own style, and I like that.

I think this was a big "Fuck you" to the shonen series lately because so many of them are doing time-skips. Hiro made it more unique and his own style, and I like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

But it still felt largely pointless. I mean yeah Shonen series tend to abuse Time Skip but at least something came from them.

I actually really glad they didn't age, although I was sure Makarov sacrificed himself. I was afraid the group would awaken with the 80's Liono treatment (child's mind in an adult body) or return as powered up adults, skipping the whole coming-of-age theme of shonen series. I think the next arc will be more of a reverse time-skip where the heroes are almost the same yet the villains have gotten way stronger in their absence.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anyone is interested in buying an affordable copy of Redline on dvd and bluray, it is going to be released in January for $22 on bluray and $18 on dvd. I've never seen it, so I'm holding out for the English release.

Bluray

DVD

Rightstuf is the only place I've seen with it solicited.

Edited by Silencer226

Just got finished watching You Are Umasou. If you haven't seen this movie yet, I highly recommend you do so. Great animation, great story, and great characters with some emotional moments.

I just watched the first episode of Guilty Crown, since the hype it's been getting attracted my attention. It's been dubbed "Code Geass done better", since the main character gains a great power after meeting a hot mysterious girl, and then he seeks to free a suppressed Japan, among other things. If the first episode is an indicator... sure, I guess that title sorta fits to an extent.

...That sounds like it is bordering on plagiarism.

...That sounds like it is bordering on plagiarism.

I know right? hahahah. Biggest rip on Geass ever. Still think I might watch it though

Finished Reading Mirai Nikki last night, pretty much marathon-read it over the course of some days.

It was alright, stuff got crazy near the end with twist after twist...after twist. Good stuff. Not fond of how the male lead was crying or had tears in his eyes 95% of the time though, but I guess it was for the story's sake. The few times he acted badass were great though.

Edited by Inferno

Everytime I see someone post about Mirai Nikki, I have a spontaneous urge to start typing up my feelings toward it before I realize that I've probably already repeated myself at least three times in this topic.

Picked up what's been officially released of Hellsing Ultimate, the first four OVAs. Brilliant, waiting with bated breath for the dub of the next three.

Also picked up, at last, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. On the 7th episode and not the least bit disappointed so far. ^_^

Even my handy document became incapable of handling the sheer volume of shows to process, so now I have an Anime Planet account. Take a look for yourself if you get the chance.

It's going to be quite a while before I'm properly up-to-date.

Everytime I see someone post about Mirai Nikki, I have a spontaneous urge to start typing up my feelings toward it before I realize that I've probably already repeated myself at least three times in this topic.

Edited by Silencer226

I have finally read the end of Mirai Nikki... *facepalm*, that was shit.

Ha ha I am the bad guy, nope now I'm the bad guy, psyche I am the bad guy, ha I'm still alive, ha there's two of me, ha, I'm the real one, ha, I got my memories back by using klsdjf;lasjkflajsdlkfjalsdkjfalsdjf FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!! God, I know it's manga and realism isn't important but why in God's name would someone fall in love with that...

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, I sorta had fun with it. All the crazy twists and other stuff you guys mentioned was crap, of course, but my brain was kinda in derp mode at 4am and I stayed entertained 'till the end. "yay violence!" "yay explosions!" "wtf- how did that happen?! Gotta see how it ends!" etc.

Edited by Inferno

Terrible payoff, isn't it? It's almost like the author completely lost interest in the diary game about two thirds into the story and just wanted to cram in enough plot twists that would make even the developers of Ghost Trick cringe. All this while wrapping up the game in a way that's equivalent to the author saying to the readers, "Oh, those last few characters we've spent so much time building up to? They die and nobody cares."

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 1

After reading the debacle that was Mirai Nikki, I decided to continue reading the Mardock Scramble novel. I finished it, and I can say that I am looking forward to the rest of the novel being animated. They had me kind of bored with the blackjack going on for most of the third novel, I'm not into cards but I will give them props in going into the psychological aspect of the game, so many calculations being made and so much deception. The gist of the whole story is about a 15 year old female prostitute named Rune-Balot, her former "lover" Shell Septinos, set her up to die using a car bomb. Unfortunately for Shell she survived with the help of a doctor and a... mouse (lol?). The mouse is named Oufcoque, and he has the intelligence of a human and can transform his body into whatever his user desires. The girl is saved and is granted new life using advanced technology, repairing her charred skin and hair, unfortunately her vocal cords are not restored (interesting decision). The trio then sets out to bring down her killer and the corporation behind him. By the time I got to the end I was satisfied, the content can be pretty graphic though.

I'm following the manga as well as the anime too, the manga is different from the novel and anime and is pretty much doing it's own thing, which I won't complain about because it can stand by itself from what I've been reading so far.

Edited by Silencer226

Walked into this forum and what do I find? this Animemanga thread. now I feel at home. :D

-ANYWAY- the favorite series are..Naruto, Bleach, FMA (which has sadly come to an awesome ending - Will miss it!) and most recently..Tetsuwan Birdy Decode. in the fourth, continuing to read the manga after watching the anime adaptations (both the subs and dub in particular are done -very- well.) and I can say that I've found my replacement for Fullmetal Alchemist; the story is just awesome since sci-fi is pretty much my thing.