Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Small update regarding Eva 3.0. The official site has updated with the subtitle for the film: You Can (Not) Redo.

HYPERVENTILATING STILL

part 4 was also announced to release (hopefully) in 2013.

My Body Will (Not) Be Ready

Edited by Professor Jackstraw PhD

Small update regarding Eva 3.0. The official site has updated with the subtitle for the film: You Can (Not) Redo.

>You Can (Not) Redo

But that's what Anno has been doing with the series lately :P.

Why am I expecting another glorious troll?

All I need to buy is the Cowboy Bebop set and I'll officially own everything by Bandai that I give half a shit about.

Still sucks though.

Well that's not good news, I was collecting the Kannagi manga sleep.png. Well hopefully some of those licenses will get rescued, I don't see someone letting those titles sit around forever in limbo. Another distributor dies, the biggest ones left are Funimation and Sentai now, would suck to see them go down next year.

I guess I'll be getting the Haruhi series, Gurren and Bebop before they go out of print, which probably won't happen too soon.

Edited by Silencer226

That is terrible news. Just seeing comments like 'Good Riddance' on another site I won't mention is just disturbing. There is absolutely no gain from this.

Anyway, as much as I hate to see these people lose their jobs, I do have to say that the way Bandai has handled their licenses in recent years were pretty terrible, compared to FUNimation and Sentai. Thre are other reasons that led to this besides the company itself, but that's for another topic. =)

Despite that, I did enjoy what they've done for the industry.

Definitely not a good way to start the new year.

Edited by canderson

Well damn, I've been waiting so long for a North American Turn A Gundam release, and then this happens.

That raises very interesting questions regarding the fate of Beez Entertainment in the EU as well. :/

(Beez = Bandai Entertainment Euro Zone)

Well, I agree piracy sucks but Bandai chose the wrong release strategy for the American market anyway. Not everyone wants singles and will hold out for inevitable cheaper box set ala Geass, complete first half $30, the 4 part first half $30 a single.

And just for example, the complete series of Chrome Shelled Regios (dumb show but its an example work with me) is $58, rest assured it will drop to $40 by release day, it always happens, happened with Fairy Tail Part 3, was once $48 now its dropped to $28 for preorder.

But they'll still be sub licensing shows, and I'm quite sure a good amount of those shows aren't going to go into limbo, Geass, Haruhi, Bebop, etc, surely someone would love to jump at the chance to rescue those shows.

Edited by Silencer226

Watched Birdy the Mighty on Funimations website... then had to download the whole thing because their site is a piece of shit, they can only blame themselves, don't offer paid premium service and then run a site that takes 10 minutes to load a single video, subscription officially cancelled. Edit: and then the connection time outs, and the site not even wanting to load, I swear the other day I was watching that video Silva posted about Bandai shutting down, 7 minutes I watched the whole fucking video and the site was still loading!

But anyway, Birdy the Mighty Decode was pretty cool, I wasn't sure if I would like the boy and woman sharing one body thing, but it worked out, and it also helps that Birdy kicks ass. A few gripes, I didn't like the ending, and then once things began becoming all too clear what was going on in the final episodes, like who rescued Birdy... it was obvious once you got to episode 18 or around there.

Then watched Redline which was fucking awesome, and I loved every minute of it, except it was too short sad.png, I want MORE DAMMIT!

Now I don't have shit to watch, might find a shitty cliched harem anime to watch out of pure boredom...

Edited by Silencer226

Watched Birdy the Mighty on Funimations website... then had to download the whole thing because their site is a piece of shit, they can only blame themselves, don't offer paid premium service and then run a site that takes 10 minutes to load a single video, subscription officially cancelled. Edit: and then the connection time outs, and the site not even wanting to load, I swear the other day I was watching that video Silva posted about Bandai shutting down, 7 minutes I watched the whole fucking video and the site was still loading!

But anyway, Birdy the Mighty Decode was pretty cool, I wasn't sure if I would like the boy and woman sharing one body thing, but it worked out, and it also helps that Birdy kicks ass. A few gripes, I didn't like the ending, and then once things began becoming all too clear what was going on in the final episodes, like who rescued Birdy... it was obvious once you got to episode 18 or around there.

Lucky you. XD

For me I have dificulty finishing any episodes since the site fails to load the entire video. I mainly watch their shows on FUNimation's Youtube account and on Hulu.

Birdy the Mighty was pretty amazing, especially its second season.

This series was definitely overlooked by many.

Watched the first episode of Kill Me Baby this morning. It felt very average, in fact as average as average can get. PERSONALLY, I'd put it down as "I guess I'll watch it if I'm bored enough." It was cute and fun at first, but it was like the entertainment value was on a very small incline downwards the further in the episode ran.

I guess check it out if your into cuteness I guess. I know some people from NISA forums were pretty hyped for its coming.

Edited by Edward_Elric

Manga UK have cancelled their Blu-Ray K-ON! and Haruhi releases.

This probably has something to do with the recent implosion of Bandai US, but it's still extremely poor form from them because this is now the fourth release they've had to cancel.

Just checked out Nisemonogatari the sequel to Bakemonogatari, and since I enjoyed Bake so much its no surprise I'm liking this one. The episode was pretty fucking random, and I was ok with that. Now, lets see if Shaft's budget for this show will last long enough to finish this season without a black screen and voices.

Then checked out Bodacious Space Pirates, with a title like that I expected an entire episode of boobs and panty shots, but no visible panties in this episode. Overall the entire thing just seems rediculous, apparently the main girl is the heir to a space pirate ship after her father dies of food poisoning. She doesn't know anything about her father so it comes as a shock to her, and then enter mysterious transfer student and a new teacher who's really part of her crew she has yet to establish. Overall, not bad, but average.

Edit: and one more bit about the pirate show, apparently they're "legal" pirates... makes no sense at all but whatever. Those are the only two new shows I've checked out so far. I patiently wait for Monday, when Another airs, I hope its good, I love horror themed shows, so place be good and don't turn into another shitty romance.

Edited by Silencer226

Just checked out Nisemonogatari the sequel to Bakemonogatari, and since I enjoyed Bake so much its no surprise I'm liking this one. The episode was pretty fucking random, and I was ok with that. Now, lets see if Shaft's budget for this show will last long enough to finish this season without a black screen and voices.

Yeah, pretty much this after watching the first ep. Though I've recently found this 3 minute anime called Poyopoyo Kanatsu Nikki which is about a litterally round cat and I find it a bit adorable http://anilinkz.com/poyopoyo-kansatsu-nikki-episode-1

Edit: and one more bit about the pirate show, apparently they're "legal" pirates... makes no sense at all but whatever. Those are the only two new shows I've checked out so far. I patiently wait for Monday, when Another airs, I hope its good, I love horror themed shows, so place be good and don't turn into another shitty romance.

I've only watched the first two minutes of BSP so far, but basically they're privateers, persons authorized to commit piracy towards foreign/enemy ships. It's a fine line between the two, and Bodacious Space Pirates sounds better than Bodacious Space Privateers.

EDIT: Finished it. The episode was alright, could see where some people could get bored with it though.

Edited by Ekaje

So I watched the first episode of Nisemonogatari and it was weird. So much talking, I kind of want to keep watching.

Edited by Torcano Havoc

Wait, something happened to Bandai?[/latetotheparty]

Edited by Tornado

Bandai US is no longer distributing anime and manga; instead Bandai's international distribution rights will be sold to third parties. That's the gist of it, and the general consensus behind this closure is that Bandai's business model was unrealistic.

On another unrealted note, Welcome to the NHK has shown up on DVD in the EU. Worth picking up?

I've just checked out Another, and there is a reason why this was the anime I was looking forward to more than any other, yes even more than Nisemonogatari. I'm pleased with the first episode, so far out of the 4 shows I've seen this season, this is at the top. Something just feels right up my alley. So, if you haven't watched it, heard of it, I say give it a shot, its been a while since I've had a nice horror themed anime to watch. Feels like Higurashi a little bit, especially in the scene where Sakakibara asks one of his classmates about Mei Misaki, upon which she freaks the fuck out for a split second and then turns back into a calm rational person. And yeah, Misaki is dead, she died 26 years ago in the story under mysterious circumstances, and continues to haunt her school, and there was also a part early in the episode where she stated she was delivering something to her "poor other half", her corpse maybe, but that doesn't make sense because surely it would be unrecognizable unless heavily preserved.

1. Another

2. Nisemonogatari

3. Bodacious Space Pirates

4. The Familiar of Zero F

Only four shows I've watched this season, in order of most liked to disliked Another at the top, Nise coming in second, BSP coming in third (as long as it stays where its at and doesn't try to be more than what it is, I will continue to watch it), and TFZF which was kind of ok, I'm only watching it because I've seen the previous seasons.

Edit: and I can't believe a pile of shit show like Phi Brain is still going on...

Edited by Silencer226

I agree, out of all of the new series I watched last night (about seven), Another was definitely the best. Then again, I'm a horror fanatic so... But it was pretty well done and holds a lot of promise.

Kill Me, Baby was better than I thought it would be and got progressively more entertaining as the episode went on. Kind of a turn-your-brain-off type of series though.

I'll watch the first series before I watch Nisemonogatari, among some other series.

Nothing else has really gripped my interest. Aquarion Evol maybe could be somewhat interesting, but it seems way too cliched for it's own good.

About to try Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!, but it seems like the only series I might be following intently is Another right now, and maybe Kill Me, Baby.