Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

What I have for running animation right now

67939095.png

Pony, have you ever experienced a problem with keyframes you created not animating at all? If so any fix?

I actually just started animating the model since I had to do something, but if I encounter it I would recommend scrolling over the animations and copying them using CTRL+C and pasting with CTRL+V

I'm having a problem Joe, I'm doing what you say about the scaling and rotaion, but for some reason the model still appears too big in game. I tried scaling it again and got a giant, flat, 2D cat.

EDIT: This time it appeared too small and flat.

1. Does it look the same in 3DS Max?

2. Make sure to select ALL of the bones and objects at the same time, and then change the scale(The non-bone objects are technically already at the right scale, and don't get included in the exported hkx. You don't have to worry about those too much) After doing it, try not to change the scale of anything individually.

3. Did you make sure that the scale changes were done to the X, Y, and X axis (What is the plural of axis anyway?) Only changing one of them can lead to the second and third effects you mentioned.

4. If you absolutely cannot get this fixed, I'd suggest saving the scene as a .max file, uploading it, and send me the link via a PM. Sometimes, I can figure out problems more easily if I can look at it and edit it myself.

What I have for running animation right now

67939095.png

Great! I've managed to make Tails' flying animation on my end. Using my Silver XML for the flying.

tailsb.png

Edited by BoomBoomFP
  • Thumbs Up 2

Great! I've managed to make Tails' flying animation on my end. Using my Silver XML for the flying.

tailsb.png

This may just be me not knowing anything about modeling, but Tails looks less shaded then in this then other model pictures.

Again this may just be me being an idiot. >>

...Don't judge me. ;-;

This may just be me not knowing anything about modeling, but Tails looks less shaded then in this then other model pictures.

Again this may just be me being an idiot. >>

...Don't judge me. ;-;

I just changed the shading in 3DS max to consistent colours, it doesn't effect anything ingame. I just like it like this, I find the normal shading too dark, and I like the cell-shaded look!smile.png
  • Thumbs Up 1

tailsb.png

Edited by Pony the hedgehog

Making progress on Modern Tails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DJfgEIOs1U

The running will be fixed, his hand will open and his arms will be straight back and his tails look weird. He will be slowed down (changing values in xml) His boost texture is gone, so is his jump ball texture. I will modify his homing attack range so he won't be able to home attack.

Also, Pony The Hedgehog, on Classic Tail's running animation, instead of having his arms straight at the back, how about he holds it like how Sonic does it in Sonic 4, that'll look like his Sonic 2/3 sprites.

• Thumbs Up 4

Making progress on Modern Tails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DJfgEIOs1U

The running will be fixed, his hand will open and his arms will be straight back and his tails look weird. He will be slowed down (changing values in xml) His boost texture is gone, so is his jump ball texture. I will modify his homing attack range so he won't be able to home attack.

Also, Pony The Hedgehog, on Classic Tail's running animation, instead of having his arms straight at the back, how about he holds it like how Sonic does it in Sonic 4, that'll look like his Sonic 2/3 sprites.

I know, I wasn't satisfied with it, so i'm remaking it... But still, why does it crash when I load up the game?

Boost: Now in grape flavour!

Cutscene animations now being ripped. One step closer to modding cutscenes, and actually giving Generations a story.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm Nytrofactor btw =P,the animations are only imported into havok right now,but where close to importing to 3ds max

Metal sonic update!

Also, I'm having the same problems... (AKA GIANT CLASSIC TAILS!)

Edited by Pony the hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy fuck now the cutscenes can be modded? fuck this is turning into full blown brawl-like hacking! amazing work guys.

• Thumbs Up 4

I was wondering...can the statue room models be used to swap? I wa saying because then we also can try adding Jet and Big :P

Posing Shadow is harder than I thought.

Making a fist takes so long... But I'm getting used to 3D animating now....shadowpose.png

He's 1% shorter.

Edited by BoomBoomFP
  • Thumbs Up 2

Holy fuck now the cutscenes can be modded? fuck this is turning into full blown brawl-like hacking! amazing work guys.

...let me repeat myself they are NOT exported yet you can only VIEW them right now

I was wondering...can the statue room models be used to swap? I wa saying because then we also can try adding Jet and Big tongue.png

they have no rig

...let me repeat myself they are NOT exported yet you can only VIEW them right now

Can I ask how you did this?

I edited the air boost variables in the Sonic.prm.xml

For the flying in the video, I did:

<AirBoostCalibratedAirDragScale>-0.25

<AirBoostGravityRate>-0.035\

<AirBoostLevitationForce>0.0

<AirBoostLevitationTime>90000.0

<AirBoostStartVelocityRate>1.15

<AirBoostTime>90000.0

I am thinking of tweaking it for something more like Tails flying. biggrin.png

EDIT: You probably need <BoostInAirKeepTime> 90000.0 XD

Edited by SuperRiderTH

So about Tails flying,

How about this?

(The 2d sections seem a little picky though.)

• Thumbs Up 7

So about Tails flying,

How about this?

(The 2d sections seem a little picky though.)

Wow! That looks really nice! Mind sending the XML file after you're done with it? I would love to incorporate it in my Tails mod.

OH GEE WHIZ, THANKS FOR HIDING RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE, THING I WAS LOOKING FOR.

What this basically means is linear equations work perfectly fine as values, and that proper physics is a possibility.

Edited by Lobotomy

Wow! That looks really nice! Mind sending the XML file after you're done with it? I would love to incorporate it in my Tails mod.

http://www.mediafire...qisiskbg5lu96z3

There you go! I also included a version with the homing attack disabled.

And I slightly increased the auto boost regen skill, and disabled the huge loss in boost only when you start air boosting/fly.

Edited by SuperRiderTH

http://www.mediafire...qisiskbg5lu96z3

There you go! I also included a version with the homing attack disabled.

And I slightly increased the auto boost regen skill, and disabled the huge loss in boost only when you start air boosting/fly.

Wow! Just tested it, That's really good! It emulates Tail's flying almost what you would expect if he was in the game! I also realized how dependent I am of the the homing attack, but it's nice to get a breath of fresh air once in a while.