Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Hex editting won't work that easy for some reasons.

1) You have to add padding to reach a 0x4 multiple address. Remember the string must be null terminated.

2) Well it won't work anyway because you need to fix all the offsets in various places in the file for it to work, particularly the offset table at the end as well. Your best bet is just to overwrite the .material file(only the .material file) and leave the name as it is.

I'll keep that first one in mind if I ever have to change the file sizes.

To tell you the truth, all I edited were name references. And by editing name references, I mean replacing them with words using the exact same amount of letters. That did not change the size at all. I then hex edited the original materials to use different textures (Just like before, no file size changing), renamed the materials to the names used in the .model, and added the materials in.

And just right now, I tried placing the model over the normal Sonic model. It actually worked perfectly, and utilized the altered materials and textures like I wanted it to. It seems the problem had to do with using anything besides the Modern Super Sonic and Modern Sonic models for the Super Sonic skill.

(If you can't tell, the goal is to be able to import a copy of the model over Super Sonic AND have it use different textures from the normal model, so that model imports can do Super Transformations.)

Then again, seeing how well that hex editing worked, I've now got a nice idea for my Super Sonic model swap...

Hey guys, I have an idea. Should I make the Metal Sonic boss be super sonic?

Hey guys, I have an idea. Should I make the Metal Sonic boss be super sonic?

Metal Sonic GENERATIONS. Sure, that'd be pretty cool.

Metal Sonic GENERATIONS. Sure, that'd be pretty cool.

Well, that is what the Super Sonic boss is for.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I'm surprised nobody (apart from twilightzoney as far as I can tell) has taken the time to properly make new animations. It would be really nice to see that Metal Sonic swap for example, with proper replacement animations for all his animations rather than just a bunch of the more main ones.

You know, I'm surprised nobody (apart from twilightzoney as far as I can tell) has taken the time to properly make new animations. It would be really nice to see that Metal Sonic swap for example, with proper replacement animations for all his animations rather than just a bunch of the more main ones.

That's what I plan to do, I've used 3DS Max for animating before.

Edited by Pony the hedgehog

lol, those custom animations look cool but...do you know what would be epic? Shadow doing a "Fuck Yeah" pose at the result screen :P

You know, this one

fyeah.jpg

Remember how I had "trouble" with hex editing the models? Well, it turns out that using non-Sonic models over Super Sonic was the only problem. Using a Hex Edited Non-Sonic model over Sonic's normal form worked properly. Likewise, using a hexed Super Sonic model over Super Sonic worked great too. As seen in the right half of this image (The left uses the Normal Sonic model, materials, and skeleton file.)

HyperSonicDif.png

The best part is that it's the perfect segway into something I've wanted to do for a long time...

I've edited a few of the actual animations from the game *coughSuperSilver'sSpinescough*. Not exactly proper new animations but they aren't bad.

Currently, I have plans to port Classic Super Sonic over Classic Sonic. The kicker? I will use NONE of already existing Super Sonic Animations, AND I will not use the skeleton file (Namehere.skl.hkx files).

Thus, custom (or edited) animations are a REQUIREMENT to make it look good. (P.S. - Even though Swapping in the Animations and Skeleton look good, it has the problem of making him too small due to the different scaling between forms.)

All the animations I've made up until now are just practice animations (since I never had 3D animating experience until now), after I've gotten the hang of it, I'll remake animations for my Silver mod, Shadow mod and Tails (yes, I'm planning to make a Tails with actual animations).

Can someone upload the csbpacker somewhere? I have gone crazy trying to find it XD.

All the animations I've made up until now are just practice animations (since I never had 3D animating experience until now), after I've gotten the hang of it, I'll remake animations for my Silver mod, Shadow mod and Tails (yes, I'm planning to make a Tails with actual animations).

Hey, can I help you with the mod by animating Classic Tails?

Hey, can I help you with the mod by animating Classic Tails?

Of course! I'm not very experienced but you sound like you are, If you know how to export animations from 3DS max into Generations then you are welcome to help! biggrin.png

Of course! I'm not very experienced but you sound like you are, If you know how to export animations from 3DS max into Generations then you are welcome to help! biggrin.png

Just remember, you do Modern Tails, (you have to learn to animate somehow) while I do Classic Tails.

yes there is a swap

This is v2 of that person's mod. It looks better than before, yet (s)he made Amy black for some reason. :/

Edited by Zinos

I hate it because she's black.

Wait, that came out wrong.

He was probably using the texture from a Shadow mod or something.

Just remember, you do Modern Tails, (you have to learn to animate somehow) while I do Classic Tails.

Okey Dokey then! smile.png

This is v2 of that person's mod. It looks better than before, yet (s)he made Amy black for some reason. :/

WOW!!! Despite the black textures, that glitch with her spikes has finally enlightened me on how SEGA redesigned Amy from SA1 onwards...

I'm the ultimate girl lifeform! I am SHADES THE HEDGEHOG!

Can someone upload the csbpacker somewhere? I have gone crazy trying to find it XD.

I have it included with my AAX Music Creation pack. I'll post the link later. biggrin.png

Okay, I need some help, can someone give me every setting that needs to be put into the Havok exporter? I tried the settings that Dario posted plus making sure it's a packfile, but it won't write the .hkx file.

1. BEFORE trying to export any animation, make sure that every object and bone are scaled to the value 100 (The script changes the scale to 3600.) You also have to make sure the root bone has a rotation of 0, 0, 0 (If you press h, a list of every object and bone comes up.)

If you don't change the scale, the model will be too big in-game. If you don't change the rotation, the model will be turned on its side the whole time.

(Click on the links to see the images. They're too big to post here.)

http://i938.photobuc...ck/Settings.png

http://i938.photobuc...k/Settings2.png

2. These two screenshots show which options to use. The first 4 options don't need to be changed (But they do need to be in that order.) The first screen shows which options to use for Prune Types, and the second shows what to use for Write to Platform. I'd suggest to not change the default file name and location the program gives, as I've had problems exporting whenever I change them. You can freely rename the file after exporting it.

3. Do it all right, and you will get an HKX animation that works in-game.

I decided to redo the animation from scratch, here's what I have so far

How did you get the eyes to open so perfectly? Every time I try, it's a mess...