Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

To the guys who are working on that Knuckles mod, a critique, if you will.

1. That's not a glide, it's flying. If you want a glide, talk to me and I can help.

2. That gliding animation is ridiculous.

Other than that, you guys are doing a pretty good job. Keep it up.

I mean dude i like that running animation its pretty cool

How? It's the most unnatural, stiff, and clunky animation ever used for Sonic.

While I'm on the subject, I wish Sonic would stop running with his hands sticking out behind him altogether. It looks like he lost control of them and they are just flopping around back there in the wind. Either swing them, or tuck them in front like classic.

Also, I'd like to call attention to Sonic's stance in 2D sections:

sonics_run_hurts.jpg

He is bent over to the extent that his body is parallel with the ground, thus making his legs look as if they are jutting out of his head. Making matters worse, he has such a large stride that every time he takes a step he is forced into a split.

I think all of this looks outright ridiculous, but I want to hear what you guys have to say. Thoughts? If there's anyone that agrees, I would love to see how he would look with a less squashed animation.

Edited by TheCongressman1

Make it a little smoother and its awesome.

It is smooth, but my recorder feasts on fps...

While I'm on the subject, I wish Sonic would stop running with his hands sticking out behind him altogether. It looks like he lost control of them and they are just flopping around back there in the wind. Either swing them, or tuck them in front like classic.

To be honest, I think Modern Sonic would look down right awkward if he had the Classic Tucked fists in front running animation in 3D Games. Just look at some Gens hacks with 3D Classic Sonic and look at him run at full speed. Uegh.

And swinging them would look even more awkward. They would be flopping back and forth so fast they'd look fake.

The arms behind him animation is pretty much his trademark running animation now, aside from Shadow and Heroes who broke the tradition (And giving him one of the most retarded running animations yet in the process) Every Modern/Dreamcast title has had that running animation.

Honestly, I say keep it forever.

EDIT: And I'm kinda getting tired of seeing the complaint that "It looks like he lost control of his arms, his arms are asleep, blah...blahblahblaghegah" Considering that it doesn't look like that at all. They are staying straight up the entire time, and Generations even has his hands open and close depending on his speed.

Edited by Xenos
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey guys! Anyone knows where to get this hack or how to do this?

I need this for GMV making purpose.

It is smooth, but my recorder feasts on fps...

What recorder are you using?

I usually use Fraps, and using that thing for too long randomly cuts recording speeds.

Devil May Cry 4: ~75-90 FPS

Devil May Cry 4 + FRAPS: ~10 FPS if used too long.

Same deal for Generations. >>

In any case, I'd love to see a full 06 animation set.

And when is someone going to make a tornado chase Sonic trough Crisis Core. >:

..While carrying a car..

...Among other things.

What recorder are you using?

I usually use Fraps, and using that thing for too long randomly cuts recording speeds.

Devil May Cry 4: ~75-90 FPS

Devil May Cry 4 + FRAPS: ~10 FPS if used too long.

Same deal for Generations. >>

In any case, I'd love to see a full 06 animation set.

And when is someone going to make a tornado chase Sonic trough Crisis Core. >:

..While carrying a car..

...Among other things.

Bandicam

Edit:

Edited by Pony the hedgehog

Tornado with car equipped get with item 2!!!!!!!!!!11

That is pretty accurate. Then again, why would you want to play the game like this?

*insert video here*

The animation still looks good. However, it was a bit strange to see that part without boosting.

To help you out, take the animation you made, and place it over these files (in addition to just the standard run animation hkx.)

sn_boost_loop.anm.hkx

sn_boost_l_loop.anm.hkx

sn_boost_r_loop.anm.hkx

sn_boost_wall_l_loop.anm.hkx

sn_boost_wall_r_loop.anm.hkx

sn_jet_loop.anm.hkx

sn_jet_l_loop.anm.hkx

sn_jet_r_loop.anm.hkx

sn_jet_wall_l_loop.anm.hkx

sn_jet_wall_r_loop.anm.hkx

With those, Sonic will now use that running animation while boosting, running at max speed, and while running on slanted walls (such as the end of the City Escape Truck Chase.)

And swinging them would look even more awkward. They would be flopping back and forth so fast they'd look fake.

The arms behind him animation is pretty much his trademark running animation now, aside from Shadow and Heroes who broke the tradition (And giving him one of the most retarded running animations yet in the process) Every Modern/Dreamcast title has had that running animation.

Honestly, I say keep it forever.

EDIT: And I'm kinda getting tired of seeing the complaint that "It looks like he lost control of his arms, his arms are asleep, blah...blahblahblaghegah" Considering that it doesn't look like that at all. They are staying straight up the entire time, and Generations even has his hands open and close depending on his speed.

Classic looks fine with the arm tuck, but I agree, it would probably wouldn't work very well on modern.

Let me clarify, I don't think he should swing his arms at all times. Certainly when he is boosting it would be fine for his arms to be behind him. At other times, there is no reason why he shouldn't swing them, and when I say swing I do not mean wild flailing. It may be a bit fast, but it's Sonic, he's supposed to move fast. I'm not sure why swinging would look strange. That's the natural movement of bipeds when they run. I can't think of many people that run with their arms behind them, that's what looks unnatural.

Mostly what I can't stand is the way he looks from the side, as the picture in my previous post shows. That could definitely be fixed.

Also, about your edit. I'm sorry that you are getting frustrated with people having a different opinion than yours.

Bandicam

Edit:

Needs his "breakdance" of doom whenever he is boosting.

• Thumbs Up 1

When did this become the "Let's See How Bad We Can Make Generations and Not Fix It's Problems Official Mods Topic" thread?

• Thumbs Up 1

When did this become the "Let's See How Bad We Can Make Generations and Not Fix It's Problems Official Mods Topic" thread?

When I made The Sonic 06'12 mod