Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Yeah new guys you have to explain what you did, imagedump posts are no longer allowed here the mods get pretty angry about it.

Loving what Dario did with that open world test map. Tell me something, would it be possible to recreate the Unleashed hub worlds if the open world aspect is now possible Dario?

Haha. Yeah, sorry about not explaining. I just edited the texture of Sonic's fur detail and made it a light cyan. Colorize ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNOWO58d17A&feature=youtu.be

Well people, version 1 is finally here.

I'm sure you all know the procedure of doing this at this point. I'd appreciate feedback aside from obvious things (More animations need to be replaced, voice clips, ect.)

And there's a special teaser at the end.

MAJOR thanks to BoomBoomFP for improving the running animation I made.

Late reply, I presume your trying to make it look like the Rush animation, but could you make Blaze's legs go a little faster? It looks a bit akward.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

Can someone help me in converting audio files for Generations? I convert every thing to adx, but I can't for the life of me get it to convert to aax.

You know those blue sparkly things that fill your boost meter when you destroy enemies or pull off tricks? Well how hard would it be to replace those textures with the wisp ones fron Colours? Thinking back, they have a very similar animation.

Or is that too below everyone's tastes now?

*insert video here*

Huh, so the Time Eater isn't just satisfied with just screwing with Sonic's world; he's going after the Mushroom Kingdom too? Gosh, there's no limit to his dastardliness!

Seriously, though, keep up the good work, mon! I'm just dying to see the possible results and benefits of this!

Edited by Komodin

Huh, so the Time Eater isn't just satisfied with just screwing with Sonic's world; he's going after the Mushroom Kingdom too? Gosh, there's no limit to his dastardliness!

Seriously, though, keep up the good work, mon! I'm just dying to see the possible results and benefits of this!

Sonic and Mario Generations!

Two Hedgehogs, Two Plumbers, one EPIC adventure!

• Thumbs Up 8

Right, he edited his comment right after on Retro:

EDIT: I've been at this for like a week, so believe me when I say that thing took way more work than I thought it would(the editor itself I mean). But I do like how simple it is for me to import anything I want as my final result. smile.png

So yeah this editor I seriously can't wait for its release. everything I thought I knew about Generations will change once its out.

Edited by goku262002

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NTfBD9bx1M

Sup fags.

Okay so this update is about fixed slope detection. Sonic should now act more like he should.

OTHER THINGS I HAVE DONE:

-Slightly improved rolling physics. The inertia is better, but you still can't use a quarter pipe correctly. It's so hardcoded that I don't know how much better I can make it.

-Gave Sonic two of each Shield and five skateboards, because fuck SEGA for not giving Sonic ALL THE SKATEBOARDS.

WHAT I'LL PROBABLY DO SOON:

-More dynamic midair inertia

-Further tweak what I've already messed with

-Try to further improve Spin Attack (Rolling physics, not the jump attack. fucking Sonic Team, get yo shit straight nigga.)

-??????????

-Release it if you people stop fucking asking me

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and Mario Generations!

Two Hedgehogs, Two Plumbers, one EPIC adventure!

One problem. There is no classic mario.

One problem. There is no classic mario.

359px-320174-mario7.jpg

Classic Mario, to me, is the old fat Mario with a red hat and overalls with a Blue shirt. He's also alot shorter than the Modern-Day Mario.

Okay why the fuck are we talking about Mario.

Dario ported the core base of a Mario 64 map to Generations. now everyone is flipping out. go check his post on the last page.

Update from Dario about that map:

I heard you guys like textures.

CjOBm.jpg

I also got something down for the GIA but I can't get it mapped ingame yet. But it is there loaded ingame since it's not all black.

3GCpd.jpg

That was generated via vray on Max and a couple of maxscripts. It's just a bunch of Modulate maps added over the normal diffuse maps for each mesh, and mapped to a 2nd texture coordinate set. I'm trying to find if the game has an equivalent of that.

EDIT: I just noticed it shows up flipped ingame. v.png

Edited by goku262002

Update: I deleted the previous video because the sound was fucked up. This new one now has Modern Sonic.

Just added:

- When you get hit, you lose all of your rings.

- Sped up Classic Sonic a little bit.

- Classic Sonic Jumps slightly higher.

- Further tweaked Classic's Slope Detection

- Tweaked Modern's Slope Detection (Smaller angle of collision. 70 degrees as opposed to Classic's 89. 90 degrees would allow Sonic to run on walls. Don't want that.)

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Thumbs Up 2