Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

A quick suggestion for someone that can do this- it occurred to me while watching videos that perhaps modifying Perfect Chaos' shell to be more of a greyish colour instead of the deep blue it is would make it better looking, with the body looking more like the shell, and overall more fitting in the level and with Chaos' Adventure design.

That kinda looks like metal sonic v 2.0 from sonic rivals 2

it's pretty kewl

I can't see anything D:

in SA2, amy has called Shadow "Sonic" by mistake, if you didn't played in SA2, you'll not understand this

in SA2, amy has called Shadow "Sonic" by mistake, if you didn't played in SA2, you'll not understand this

Also, is it just me, or does that Sonic Drift section following the first checkpoint look a lot easier to do properly with Generations' Spindrift?

Well, yeah, it's because Generation's drift controls a lot better then the Unleashed one.

Ah, tearing through Empire City, Super Sonic-style. Lovely.

Also, is it just me, or does that Sonic Drift section following the first checkpoint look a lot easier to do properly with Generations' Spindrift?

That and Mazuri with the proper drift is lovely. Probably my favourite(playable) stages so far.

Love your work, Dario! Keep it up!

Also, great to see Super Sonic in there! It would be lovely to have custom path for him like in Generations levels!

What about shadows and water? Are there any improvements? I think I didn't see Sonic's shadow and some other shadows in the video.

Dario please don't make Super Sonic follow a set path, I want to actually play as him while boosting. Or, if you can, make it optional. Also, I put Blaze's model and skeleton to replace Super Sonic's in stages, it crashed =\.

I agree. I'm not the biggest fan of the set-path feature for Super Sonic. It's fun to be overpowered, but not by making boost a full-fledged easy mode...

I'd also love to figure out how to disable them in the normal stages (I tried removing the path strings in the Stage XML files, but they caused the game to crash...)

P.S. - I also tried getting the Blaze model over Super Sonic. In addition to changing the model, I tried to hex-edit the .model file to use different .material files so that the normal and "super" models would have different textures.

Thus far it seems that hex editing .model files for characters causes problems in general, as does replacing Super Sonic with anything besides the equivalent normal form Sonic...

I agree. I'm not the biggest fan of the set-path feature for Super Sonic. It's fun to be overpowered, but not by making boost a full-fledged easy mode...

I'd also love to figure out how to disable them in the normal stages (I tried removing the path strings in the Stage XML files, but they caused the game to crash...)

P.S. - I also tried getting the Blaze model over Super Sonic. In addition to changing the model, I tried to hex-edit the .model file to use different .material files so that the normal and "super" models would have different textures.

Thus far it seems that hex editing .model files for characters causes problems in general, as does replacing Super Sonic with anything besides the equivalent normal form Sonic...

Hex editting won't work that easy for some reasons.

1) You have to add padding to reach a 0x4 multiple address. Remember the string must be null terminated.

2) Well it won't work anyway because you need to fix all the offsets in various places in the file for it to work, particularly the offset table at the end as well. Your best bet is just to overwrite the .material file(only the .material file) and leave the name as it is.

Oh yeah, an idea for a Metal Sonic mod. If we use him in Moderns gameplay, we can use his last attack as his boost, animation and all.

Oh yeah, an idea for a Metal Sonic mod. If we use him in Moderns gameplay, we can use his last attack as his boost, animation and all.

Edited by Pony the hedgehog