Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

It's a real shame we can't do what we did to unleashed to games like Colors Or 06. I would love to see something like Modern sonic in kingdom valley or Modern Silver vs Silver. Or Classic sonic in colors.sad.png

Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

If people somehow are able to recreate Colors levels but with Generations' visuals, I'd shit a brick and buy the PC version immediately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dario, how's the progress of porting Cool Edge coming along?

I'm not in charge for that stage at the moment. Chimera's working on it.

At the moment I'm working on a collision mesh for Empire City. Should be noted that with exams these days I don't really have that much time to work on it, but I'll try to be more dedicated on it as soon as I'm done with real life issues. :X

The priority right now is just to get the stages playable. The visual pizzas and objects can be fixed later.

Edited by Dario ff

All these character swaps...they'd look cooler with the corresponding voice clips...Even if there aren't enough in the game, isn't it possible to use some from Free Riders?

• Thumbs Up 3

All these character swaps...they'd look cooler with the corresponding voice clips...Even if there aren't enough in the game, isn't it possible to use some from Free Riders?

Thats what I was going to say. The following characters are in Free Riders for you to Use voice clips from the current VA cast:

~Tails

~Knuckles

~Amy

~Shadow

~Rouge

~Cream

~Blaze

~Silver

~Vector

~Metal Sonic(?)

There are Sonic and Eggman if you need extra voice clips for some reason. As for anyone else (Espio and Charmy) Try Colors DS.

Thats what I was going to say. The following characters are in Free Riders for you to Use voice clips from the current VA cast:

~Tails

~Knuckles

~Amy

~Shadow

~Rouge

~Cream

~Blaze

~Silver

~Vector

~Metal Sonic(?)

There are Sonic and Eggman if you need extra voice clips for some reason. As for anyone else (Espio and Charmy) Try Colors DS.

ive got a problem ..

ive tryed to swap the models .. between sonic & metal sonic classic and

chr_metal_sonic_HD something like that and changed to Sonic HD Chr

something just like the russian sonic hacker has did and its crashed ..

Actually, I'd say the eyes are the worst, I need to get more of her animations from MsnBlaze.

Whoops my bad, I thought her eyes were fixed, turns out it's just the quality of the video.

@Boodendorf Hey, since we're both working on Blaze mods, why don't we work together? BTW Two things I would recommend for texture editing are pain.NET or GIMP with a DDS Plugin.

Well I'm only an amateur but sure, why not. I was thinking about doing a recolor of the Blaze model to get Burning Blaze(if not already done) since you're pretty much taking care of everything else already lol.

Well didn't JoeTE offer you Burning Blaze textures a few pages back?

I'll take a screenshot of those and provide the download in an hour or so. :D

P.S. - I'm using a combination of Photoshop and GIMP for texture editing.

Well didn't JoeTE offer you Burning Blaze textures a few pages back?

Right, I forgot. Guess I don't have anything to do anymore then, other than giving Burning Blaze's boost a completely red aura like her charge attack in Sonic Rush's extra zone.

Edited by Boodendorf

Lol, thanks man.

Right, I forgot. Guess I don't have anything to do anymore I guess then, other than giving Burning Blaze's boost a completely red aura like her charge attack in Sonic Rush's extra zone.

EDIT: Download Removed. The two people I made it for download it. :D

There's the textures (Most of them are unchanged from the regular Blaze textures, but it all works.)

Blaze1.png

And a screenshot (From one of Classic Sonic's Planet Wisp Challenges. The colors look more accurate and brighter in areas with better lighting.) Besides the nose (Which was purple in the original textures, and looking too pink right now...), the textures are pretty accurate.

Edited by JoeTE

http://www.mediafire...bcoe4jdkuhh1o4q

There's the textures (Most of them are unchanged from the regular Blaze textures, but it all works.)

Blaze1.png

And a screenshot (From one of Classic Sonic's Planet Wisp Challenges. The colors look more accurate and brighter in areas with better lighting.) Besides the nose (Which was purple in the original textures, and looking too pink right now...), the textures are pretty accurate.

This is pretty darn awesome (and Blaze flying would make more sense now since she's in super form.)

Quick question Joe, what if I replece these with the normal Blaze dds files already in Sonic.ar.00 would regu;ar Blaze appear as Burning Blaze too? Or am I to do something different?

Yep. Regular Blaze would look like Burning Blaze.

If you want both forms to use separate textures, you'll have import a copy of the model to use for the Super form, rename the Burning Blaze textures (Such as using chr_burningblaze as the prefix instead of chr_blaze), then find a way to get the "Super" model to use from those textures instead of the normal ones. I wouldn't know how to do it, as I've only worked with Sonic + Super Sonic (which doesn't need much extra work...)

I'm working on something... Sky Sanctuary. Yellow. Again!

*video*

Still a WIP.

Interesting idea... Would be nice to have something like that.

Needs MOAR YELLOW though :P

http://www.mediafire...bcoe4jdkuhh1o4q

Blaze1.png

Dude you can upload for me a Metal Sonic Mod ??

Metal sonic Classic in Modern Sonic ... with boost PLZ ?

Are there any hackings of Amy replacing Sonic (aside from that one video showing the character with a bunch of characters in Crisis City modern)? Just curious.

Are there any hackings of Amy replacing Sonic (aside from that one video showing the character with a bunch of characters in Crisis City modern)? Just curious.

yes there is a swap

I have two more questions 1. Which value do I have to change in Classics XML file to fix the rolling? 2. Which value do I have to change so Classic Super Sonic's jump isn't so stiff?
Well, actually, you should ask which files the Rolling Physics are as the XMLs are seperated into folders if you have XML Notepad.

Here's a little tutorial on Modern Sonic and shows how to get those XML files.

Edited by PSI Freeze

Lol, thanks.

I have yet ANOTHER question sleep.png can someone give me a list of names for all of Sonic's running animations? I have all but one changed for my mod.

Since I've replaced all of them for my Modern Super Sonic mod, I'll list them for you.

To make things simple, replace these animations...

sn_boost_loop (Ground Boosting.)

sn_boost_wall_loop (Same as above, but on walls, such as the ending of the truck chase in City Escape.)

sn_jet_loop(Fastest non-boost speed)

sn_jet_wall_loop(Fastest non-boost speed on walls.)

sn_dash_loop(Slower than jet, but faster than run.)

sn_run_loop(Slower than dash, but faster than jog.)

sn_jog_loop(Slowest run speed.)

sn_walk_loop(Obviously not running, sn_walk_fast_loop is a slightly faster walk, and sn_walk_b_loop is a backwards walk.)

Extra note 1: Not counting sn_walk, all of these have l and r variants (Naming example: sn_boost_l_loop and sn_boost_r_loop. Notice the added l or r before the loop text.)

They involve Sonic tilting his torso left or right as he runs. Replacing them with the normal animations doesn't affect much.

Extra Note 2: DO NOT replace sn_run_quickstep_l_loop and sn_run_quickstep_r_loop. Replacing those changes the quickstep timing...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something I found while looking through the files. Both Sonic's have "OnIce2D" and "OnIce3D". I would guess this is leftover data from Holoska, but this might help out the people who are porting Holoska to Generations and maybe when we edit textures like in that Christmas Green Hill mod, we can add Ice properties into them to make it less of a texture mod.