Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

You're gonna have to be waiting for quite a while then. mellow.png

Not really...

Though I still wonder why people want Unleashed levels in Generations when they use almost identical engines. Just play Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its the things that Generations' has but Unleashed didn't have because it was still new to the whole engine change. Supersonic, homing attack the same button thing, engine tweaks that were made, etc.

Also this provides real challenge to the hackers who are doing this.

• Thumbs Up 7

Though I still wonder why people want Unleashed levels in Generations when they use almost identical engines. Just play Unleashed.

Its the things that Generations' has but Unleashed didn't have because it was still new to the whole engine change. Supersonic, homing attack the same button thing, engine tweaks that were made, etc.

Also, not everyone has PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 to play Unleashed.dry.png

Edited by Nik1895
  • Thumbs Up 2

I guess you didn't know this... But Dario FF is one of the main guys working on the Unleashed stage porting project. He knows about those progress videos. He also is right: We won't be playing these stages any time soon.

Still, they have come a long way, though there's still apparently a lot of work to do and a lot of things to figure out still. I hope everything will eventually be figured out so the stage porting can be at least near perfect. I'd play the shit out of that mod just to play Unleashed stages with proper controls and no QTEs.

Pretty much correct. There's plenty of reasons why it won't come soon.

- Shadows need to be fixed

- Materials need to be fixed(if you didn't notice, reflection/normal/pow shading maps aren't even working)

- Proper collision meshes need to be made.

- A shitload of HKX animations and object physics need to be imported manually.

I wouldn't dare to release this thing if it didn't look and play better than Unleashed. What would be the point then? wink.png

EDIT: And also everyone seems to be forgetting that it plays at 60 FPS. cool.png

EDIT2:

It also provides an incredible ammount of insight into the game's level formats and how it handles everything.

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 1

So i'm guessing that the QTE ramps from unleashed will be replaced with trick ramps or trick rings, right DarioFF?

So i'm guessing that the QTE ramps from unleashed will be replaced with trick ramps or trick rings, right DarioFF?

Hiya folks, I've been working on this for quite a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GQq-CH6_2s&feature=youtu.be

This really makes me think of how awesome it would be to have Knuckles in Generations. I mean, if Knuckles could latch onto walls, there are bits in Sky Sanctuary that Knuckles could use walls to his advantage.

I guess you didn't know this... But Dario FF is one of the main guys working on the Unleashed stage porting project. He knows about those progress videos. He also is right: We won't be playing these stages any time soon.

Still, they have come a long way, though there's still apparently a lot of work to do and a lot of things to figure out still. I hope everything will eventually be figured out so the stage porting can be at least near perfect. I'd play the shit out of that mod just to play Unleashed stages with proper controls and no QTEs.

Ah I see. Guess ya learn something new everyday :)

The fact that you took the simplest enemy in the game to defeat and turned him into a giant speed demon from hell makes me laugh.

I...

NEED. MOD. NOW!

But seriously, that is awesome! If we can do this with the giant motobug, then we're one step closer to getting the G.U.N. Truck to do the same thing biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 2

NEED. MOD. NOW!

But seriously, that is awesome! If we can do this with the giant motobug, then we're one step closer to getting the G.U.N. Truck to do the same thing biggrin.png

And then my dreams of Sonic and the GUN truck fighting will finally come true...

• Thumbs Up 6

Heh, all of these new model swaps have been pretty awesome looking.

So I figured it was time to step things up with my ol' Super Sonic model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1oLCDR-4I

P.S. - I'm trying to figure out how to get the Super Sonic skill to be usable in Boss / Challenge levels. It's possible, since one Youtube User got it to work. I'm also making attempts at a Classic version of the mods in the video.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, all of these new model swaps have been pretty awesome looking.

So I figured it was time to step things up with my ol' Super Sonic model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1oLCDR-4I

P.S. - I'm trying to figure out how to get the Super Sonic skill to be usable in Boss / Challenge levels. It's possible, since one Youtube User got it to work. I'm also making attempts at a Classic version of the mods in the video.

Hey that's pretty awesome! Nice work!

Wait, WHAT?!

Silver's actually FAST now?! ಠ_ಠ

*looks at his opening in Sonic 06*

*Looks at his battle intro in Generations*

Where have YOU been!?

• Thumbs Up 4