Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXlOlIo7Xbk&feature=youtu.be

heres some thing you might want to know behind the Abilitys in metal sonic and the flight of the TheDorestGamer and the Megamaniscrazy video (silver can fly)

NOW on all gonna upload a videos are inclubed the tutorials i made ..

Sonic Generations: Sonic 4 Edition! Now with tolerable physics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO2EjbgCotM&feature=youtu.be

changing the Physics between the Classic and modern .. sweeet but you should be carefull .. well in bosses of the classic youll get a crash in game .. i might want to know how the modern will fight againts the metal classic .. this is will be AMAZING !! : D

b

I've been doing music swaps for quite a while now. I'd show you how it's done, but I removed the links to the files and programs needed (In an attempt to improve the instructions.) Then again, all it really contained was related to the creation of AAX song files...

But to help you a bit, the unlockable songs are stored in SNG22_ADD.cpk, and the stage clear songs are in SNG19_JNG.cpk.

You can listen to them using any media player that supports the VGMstream plugin (such as winamp.)

Until I re-release all of my download links, you'll have to ask someone to make the AAX files for you (probably me at this rate.)

Sonic's voice clips would be a bit harder to work with, but since BoomBoomFP seems to have gotten it working with his new Silver mod, you should ask him about it.

What? I don't have a partner. The only "collaborating" I've ever done is giving a few tips, and receiving a few tips.

I was just saying that I'm not the only one putting "effort" into these model swaps, and giving an example of someone who has put MORE effort into their work than I have.

As for the possibility of editing animations, I'm playing around with the tools to figure out how it all works. Or at the very least have a way to import the animations into 3DS Max without needing to go through a complicated file conversion process that is a bit glitchy at times.

EDIT:

Until I can figure out a way to fix Classic Sonic's eyes and quills into the super positions, here's a texture edit I made just for fun.

StrangeIsntIt.png

I made a "Super" form of sorts for Metal Sonic. The color scheme is a combination of Metal Sonic Kai (Knuckles Chaotix final boss), and the "inverted" colors he had during his electrical attacks in Sonic CD.

And yes, I made the text say "Hyper" Metal Sonic. Think about it, and you'll understand why I did it.

about the colors in the metal sonic .. its not hyper. but still AWSOME !! im using Gimp & Photoshop to be carefull with the painting .. : D ive begined the Mods with swaping models .. and your hyper sonic ............ weirdd

(Yes I know, the spin jump and boost and whatever colors aren't edited yet, I'm following slowly a tutorial video, don't want to mess up everything.)

I'm having too much fun with this.

Edited by Boodendorf

The mod i would want is

silvers voice clips in the battle replaced with original 06 clips such as it's no use, take this, this will end it

that would awesome!

*video*

heres some thing you might want to know behind the Abilitys in metal sonic and the flight of the TheDorestGamer and the Megamaniscrazy video (silver can fly)

NOW on all gonna upload a videos are inclubed the tutorials i made ..

I just saw that video a few minutes ago. You were telling everyone to not ask any questions. But you made a mistake in your written tutorial.

Tell everyone to use #sonic.ar.00 instead of sonic.ar.00. #sonic.ar.00 has the xml. sonic.ar.00 has the model and animations.

changing the Physics between the Classic and modern .. sweeet but you should be carefull .. well in bosses of the classic youll get a crash in game .. i might want to know how the modern will fight againts the metal classic .. this is will be AMAZING !! : D

He just swapped the models to make Classic Sonic look like Modern Sonic.

about the colors in the metal sonic .. its not hyper. but still AWSOME !! im using Gimp & Photoshop to be carefull with the painting .. : D ive begined the Mods with swaping models .. and your hyper sonic ............ weirdd

The "Hyper Metal Sonic" name was just a joke. Besides fitting with the Hyper Sonic hacks I'm using, it was a tribute to this...

yes.png

In that movie, Robotnik called him Hyper Metal Sonic instead of Metal Sonic. That's the joke.

(P.S. - I have it on DVD. I was watching it last night. I took the screenshot myself.)

Sonic Generations: Sonic 4 Edition! Now with tolerable physics!

*video*

The instant I saw spin dashing, I knew it was a model swap. Nice job man!

Does anyone know how to remove result screen animations?

Classic Sonic's results animations are stored in SonicClassicRankA.ar.00, SonicClassicRankB.ar.00, SonicClassicRankC.ar.00, SonicClassicRankD.ar.00, and SonicClassicRankS.ar.00.

Modern Sonic's results animations are stored in SonicRankA.ar.00, SonicRankB.ar.00, SonicRankC.ar.00, SonicRankD.ar.00, and SonicRankS.ar.00

You can't remove the animations... However, you can replace them with animations from other characters. Such as whichever one is being used in the model swap you're working on.

Classic Sonic's results animations are stored in SonicClassicRankA.ar.00, SonicClassicRankB.ar.00, SonicClassicRankC.ar.00, SonicClassicRankD.ar.00, and SonicClassicRankS.ar.00.

Modern Sonic's results animations are stored in SonicRankA.ar.00, SonicRankB.ar.00, SonicRankC.ar.00, SonicRankD.ar.00, and SonicRankS.ar.00

You can't remove the animations... However, you can replace them with animations from other characters. Such as whichever one is being used in the model swap you're working on.

Can you not just delete those files?

I want to remove it because it looks messed up when it does the animation but i dont want to go through the trouble of replacing every file.

Again, removing them will do more harm than good. All of those .cpk files contain 4 files. The Sonic victory animation, the looped stance Sonic stays in after doing the first animation, then the Super Sonic victory animation, ending with the looped stance Super Sonic stays in. 10 archives with 4 files each (only two of which need to be edited if Super Sonic isn't involved.)

If you want to be lazy, just replace all of the animations with the character's looped idle pose.

P.S. - For those of you who'd want to get past the skill point limit, I found a way to get it working without having to do a search every time.

Step 1: Download Cheat Engine.

Step 2: Download DWXnd (If you have a way to get back to your desktop during gameplay, skip this step.)

Step 3: Open Cheat Engine, then open Sonic Generations.

Step 4: In cheat engine, press the glowing button on the top left, and pick the Sonic Generations process.

Step 5: Download this file http://www.mediafire...bdf7fhi47l4y535

Step 6: Drag it into Cheat Engine.

Step 7: Click the Advanced Options text on the bottom left.

Step 8: Right click the text that shows up, and select "Find out what addresses this code accesses". A window will pop up. Leave it open.

Step 9: Go back into Sonic Generations, and start customizing one of the skill sets.

Step 10: While on the customization screen, go back to the window that popped up in cheat engine, and double click the address that appears in it.

Step 11: Look in the big white box in the main Cheat Engine window. Click the 100, and type 500 into the window that pops up, then press ok.

Step 12: Now the skill point limit will be 500 for as long as you remain in the skill customization screen.

Step 13: Repeat steps 7-12 each time you need to set up the skills within a skill set.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw that video a few minutes ago. You were telling everyone to not ask any questions. But you made a mistake in your written tutorial.

Tell everyone to use #sonic.ar.00 instead of sonic.ar.00. #sonic.ar.00 has the xml. sonic.ar.00 has the model and animations.

He just swapped the models to make Classic Sonic look like Modern Sonic.

The "Hyper Metal Sonic" name was just a joke. Besides fitting with the Hyper Sonic hacks I'm using, it was a tribute to this...

yes.png

In that movie, Robotnik called him Hyper Metal Sonic instead of Metal Sonic. That's the joke.

(P.S. - I have it on DVD. I was watching it last night. I took the screenshot myself.)

The instant I saw spin dashing, I knew it was a model swap. Nice job man!

ive comment in your video at the Hyper Classic Seaside hill

and HYPER METAL Joke - VERY FUNNY : D

Also :

(im using Sonicglvl and im now editing Seaside hill as SUPRISE for the sonic gamers) .. but now i will upload a tutorials in my channel Soon all upload how to mod the texutres .. and how to swap models =(and how the hell i should now how to swap metal sonic ?? its hard ) can somebody upload the Metal sonic model swap (the cpk you have modded the swapmetal)

you just made a high color as the Super Mode but you didnt changed the Model ..Awsome

Hyper Metal its must to be a High Color (im not saying its That bad) you most change the metal to yellow just like the original sonic .. but still = ROCK !! AWSOME

I didn't change the model because it would look like a garbled mess at all times (I'll post a screenshot of it later...)

P.S. -

Image4-1.png

Those were the inspiration for Hyper Metal Sonic's colors.

I saw a cutscene once where Modern sonic was replaced with modern supersonic and it looked great. But it was one of those hub world cutscenes.

What makes the metal sonic cutscene different from the hub world ones model wise?

Edited by goku262002

Holy shit, is that Generations?! because i can't even tell anymore blink.png .

Awesome work DarioFF. can't wait for this mod to be released.

Edited by goku262002