Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

ive heard theres a mods in this topic !!

Can somebody upload an Metal sonic Classic Mod ??? Please becase i need the modd !! its so importmant !!

*RequesT*

*looks at his opening in Sonic 06*

*Looks at his battle intro in Generations*

Where have YOU been!?

Let me clarify-he can RUN fast now. Back in 06 he was a slowpoke!

You don't have to be soo demanding just go back a few pages and you'll find it somewhere...

And There not even mods there skin swaps. half assed skin swaps at that the only decent ones among this mess are JoeTE's SS mod, he put actual work into that.

Any of you that call these "mods", there not real mods until you actually put some effort into them. DarioFF said that it may be possible to create custom animations:

In theory, using a popular 3D editor with the plugins from the Havok content tools(latest version will work fine, but make sure you get the right 32bit or 64bit for your 3D editor). Exporting an animated skeleton should work, although I'm not sure if they have to be named with some specific names. We're pretty much doing the same for collision level meshes.

Perhaps try to import a model using darkspines script? They come with skeletons too.

Mind you the exported format should be a Win32 Packfile.

So get to it and see if it works. if so, i would love to see some of these skin swaps turn into actual character hacks.

You don't have to be soo demanding just go back a few pages and you'll find it somewhere...

And There not even mods there skin swaps. half assed skin swaps at that the only decent ones among this mess are JoeTE's SS mod, he put actual work into that.

Any of you that call these "mods", there not real mods until you actually put some effort into them. DarioFF said that it may be possible to create custom animations:

So get to it and see if it works. if so, i would love to see some of these skin swaps turn into actual character hacks.

It's kinda funny how you mention mine in such a "good" way, since mine was done before everyone got in on it. Then again, the Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic are almost exactly the same, unlike every other model being swapped. I simply waited until everything looked perfect before attempting to show it off.

Honestly, BoomBoomFP put more work into his previous Shadow mods than I did with Super Sonic. He's done all of the same types of changes as I did, but adding in UI changes, and the use of a non-Sonic model+animations.

All I got going for me is music modding (including the Unleashed stage imports),and above-average gameplay + higher/cleaner quality in the videos.

P.S. - Spoilers for my next project... The goal is to make the character in the upper pic have the same eye/quill style as the (completely finished) character in the lower pic.

OMGSPOILERS.png

If you couldn't tell, I didn't mention the character's name to make things less obvious.

And yes, those are indeed Green Eyes like in S3&K.

Edited by JoeTE

Moar of the sexy Metal Sonic.

Also features flight like Silver.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy this actually works. If anyone could tell me how to edit the boost and spin jump colors, that would be pretty cool.

Edited by Boodendorf
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy this actually works. If anyone could tell me how to edit the boost and spin jump colors, that would be pretty cool.

Texture editing. You'll need an image editor that supports the dds format. I remember seeing a video on texture editing somewhere within this thread, so that should help.

Edit ef_ch_sng_yh1_sliding1.dds, ef_ch_sng_yh1_spin2.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_spinball1.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_spinball2.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_stomping1.dds, and epm_ch_sng_yh1_stomping2.dds. Those will make the Jumping aura, boosting aura, and stomp effects change to whichever colors you want.

Next, edit chr_sonic_spin_dif_HD.dds, chr_sonic_spin_fal_HD.dds, chr_sonic_spin_ref_HD.dds, and chr_sonic_spin_spc_HD.dds. Those affect the color of Sonic's ball form seen when using boost pads or drifting.

Finally, extract the files from SonicActionCommon.ar.00. Edit homing.dds. After repacking that file, be sure to place it into bb.cpk instead of bb3.cpk.

P.S. -

epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1.pngepm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1SP.png

epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2.pngepm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2SP.png

Here are examples of epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1.dds and epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2.dds. The blues ones are the originals, the yellows ones are the edited ones used for my Super Sonic model swap. For blaze, a fiery orange/red would be a good choice of color (the spinball should be purple like Blaze's fur, BTW.)

P.S.S. - If you ever attempt to change Super Sonic into Burning Blaze, tell me. I had made a set of Burning Blaze textures a few months ago.

Texture editing. You'll need an image editor that supports the dds format. I remember seeing a video on texture editing somewhere within this thread, so that should help.

Edit ef_ch_sng_yh1_sliding1.dds, ef_ch_sng_yh1_spin2.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_spinball1.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_spinball2.dds, epm_ch_sng_yh1_stomping1.dds, and epm_ch_sng_yh1_stomping2.dds. Those will make the Jumping aura, boosting aura, and stomp effects change to whichever colors you want.

Next, edit chr_sonic_spin_dif_HD.dds, chr_sonic_spin_fal_HD.dds, chr_sonic_spin_ref_HD.dds, and chr_sonic_spin_spc_HD.dds. Those affect the color of Sonic's ball form seen when using boost pads or drifting.

Finally, extract the files from SonicActionCommon.ar.00. Edit homing.dds. After repacking that file, be sure to place it into bb.cpk instead of bb3.cpk.

P.S. -

epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1.pngepm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1SP.png

epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2.pngepm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2SP.png

Here are examples of epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost1.dds and epm_ch_sng_yh1_boost2.dds. The blues ones are the originals, the yellows ones are the edited ones used for my Super Sonic model swap. For blaze, a fiery orange/red would be a good choice of color (the spinball should be purple like Blaze's fur, BTW.)

P.S.S. - If you ever attempt to change Super Sonic into Burning Blaze, tell me. I had made a set of Burning Blaze textures a few months ago.

Aw yeah, thanks a bunch biggrin.png. I'm going to find an image editor ASAP that supports DDS.

Also, does anyone know how to swap ingame unlockable music? (Like if I wanted to replace Right There Ride On for its Blazy remix one?) And is it possible to swap musics such as the stage clear music? And perhaps even Sonic's voice clips?

Edited by Boodendorf

It's kinda funny how you mention mine in such a "good" way, since mine was done before everyone got in on it. Then again, the Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic are almost exactly the same, unlike every other model being swapped. I simply waited until everything looked perfect before attempting to show it off.

Honestly, BoomBoomFP put more work into his previous Shadow mods than I did with Super Sonic. He's done all of the same types of changes as I did, but adding in UI changes, and the use of a non-Sonic model+animations.

All I got going for me is music modding (including the Unleashed stage imports),and above-average gameplay + higher/cleaner quality in the videos.

At least your working with somebody to actually put some effort into a character hack. some of these are just name changing some files and calling it a day.

Now that you know that it may be possible to make custom animations, are you or your partner going to attempt it?

Don't you love this like I do? happy.png

This is pretty awesome. I wonder if we can get Blaze's running animation from rush to replace Sonic's one, well first gotta mess around with dem colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think this has been posted yet, but aside from the model swapping, someone found out that in the Classic Sonic Adventure Mod when you use the flame shield, it acts like a boost.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aw yeah, thanks a bunch biggrin.png. I'm going to find an image editor ASAP that supports DDS.

Also, does anyone know how to swap ingame unlockable music? (Like if I wanted to replace Right There Ride On for its Blazy remix one?) And is it possible to swap musics such as the stage clear music? And perhaps even Sonic's voice clips?

Edited by JoeTE

Can anyone tell me how to change the cost of all the skills to zero? I would like to have Super Sonic and other skills enabled all at the same time (like Thunder Shield + Super Sonic). I don't see anywhere in this thread or in Sonic Retro's Sonic Generations hacking thread of how to do it.

Also, I think someone should make a full-fledged Sonic Generations hacking guide on Retro's wiki. It would really help people like me who are new into the hacking business. happy.png

Edited by Sky The Destroyer

Can anyone tell me how to change the cost of all the skills to zero? I would like to have Super Sonic and other skills enabled all at the same time (like Thunder Shield + Super Sonic). I don't see anywhere in this thread or in Sonic Retro's Sonic Generations hacking thread of how to do it.

Also, I think someone should make a full-fledged Sonic Generations hacking guide on Retro's wiki. It would really help people like me who are new into the hacking business. happy.png

You don't make the skills cost 0 points. You instead increase the 100 point limit (Though you still only have 5 slots available...) And once the skill set is saved it will remain intact even if the skill point limit returns to 100.

You'll need cheat engine to do it. I'd explain how I did it (as shown in my Seaside Hill video with Hyper Sonic), but I'm terrible at explanations. I also can't just tell you which address+value to change, as the game stores it in a different memory location each time the HUB world is loaded up. Next time I do it myself, I'll make a universal code using a pointer, and make a file that lets Cheat Engine load it for you.

Some guy has these videos of him hacking the game with various results. This is one that hasn't been posted in this thread, sooooo

GOTTA GO FAST

LITERALLY

Don't you love this like I do? happy.png

The wing flapping animation kinda seems weird, like the Shadow skating animation. But other than that, it's good.

The wing flapping animation kinda seems weird, like the Shadow skating animation. But other than that, it's good.

It actually looks allright. Just look at how real bats or birds fly. Edited by ArtFenix